2019 makeup no buy

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to another no buy!

As you may know, I did a makeup no buy for the first six months of 2018, then lifted it for one month before reinstating it for three months and then opening it up again for a few months so I could restock some things and also make a few festive purchases.

Well, I've decided to do another one for 2019. I'd planned to start it on 1 December, but since I'm not going to buy anything over the next three days and I'm also too tired to write anything more detailed this morning (my daughter screamed her head off last night), I thought I may as well kick it off now.


Why am I doing another one of these? For the simple reason that I have enough stuff and I want to keep hacking away at the things I do have so nothing goes to waste.

Also, I didn't find my makeup no buy this year to be too hard, so I'm not worried about doing another one because I know I can do it without too much stress.

I guess the other reason is that I've done pretty well at getting my numbers down for my makeup inventory, and I don't want to let that slide now: I want to keep reducing things until I've got my collection to a point where I don't feel the need to pan anymore unless I want to. Although to be honest, I'll probably always be a panner because I enjoy it - but I would rather pan because I want to and not because I have to.


As with last time, I have some rules. Here they are:

  • I'm doing my makeup no buy for six months, until the beginning of June 2019. 
  • I'm allowed to buy anything essential I run out of during that time (eg I can see myself running out of brow pencil), but nothing else. As with last time, I'll report each month and let you know if I've had to make any essential purchases for the month.
  • Gift cards don't count, and if I need to spend a couple of extra dollars to buy something I need/want with a gift card or Priceline voucher (we get those quarterly in Australia), that's ok. Better to spend a few extra bucks to buy something I need/want, as opposed to buying something just because it's the same price as the gift card or voucher!
  • Tools and storage (eg, makeup brushes or an acrylic lipstick holder) don't count: I don't have many brushes so I may buy a few here and there if there's a decent sale on; and I don't own a proper lipstick holder so I do plan to buy one eventually.


That's all from me, although note that I'm about to introduce a similar no buy for skincare so I'm really cutting myself off for the first half of 2019 - same as I did for 2018.

Wish me luck! It's not easy to ban myself from makeup and skincare at the same time, but I want to curb non-essential spending to help keep our expenses down and also to make sure that I can get through the stuff I have. At the moment the cupboard is looking a little full again, so it's time to focus on what I own before introducing more.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


* All images courtesy of unsplash.com


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.