Makeup inventory: December 2018

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my final makeup inventory post for 2018!

Note that I've decided to write this now for the simple reason that I know I'll be receiving stuff for Christmas, and I don't want that to muck up my numbers: I would prefer to see how much I've finished since September's inventory post (that's here if you're interested).

Let's get straight into it!


Primers

Last update I had seven (five open full-sizes, one open travel-size and one unopened full-size), and I've managed to pan a few so I now have four (three open full-sizes and one unopened back-up).

My goal was four or five so I've FINALLY made it. Huzzah! It's taken me far too long to pan myself down to reasonable primer levels, so I'm thrilled that I've finally made it.

Setting sprays

Last update I had one and I still have one. While that's a good amount for me, I wouldn't mind owning another one and I do plan to buy the Urban Decay All Nighter once my spending ban has lifted - the one I have is good for hydration but not so much for longevity.

No more than two is my goal here.

Liquid/cream illuminators

I had two and I now have one because the cream mini I own is now in the declutter pile: I just don't use it enough so I'd prefer to send it to a better home.

One's my goal so we're good here.

Liquid foundations

I had three and I now have one because I panned a couple. I'm happy with one because I have enough tinted moisturisers to keep me going for now.

My goal is no more than three.

Shade adjusting drops/foundation mixers

I had two and I still have two. Two is a good number for me (one for darkening and one for lightening), although I wouldn't mind finding myself a yellow mixer at some point because I need that for any bases that aren't yellow enough for my skintone.

Two's my goal so we're there.


Cream eyeshadows/bases and primers

I had two, being one dedicated eye primer and a glitter glue, and I still have those two.

Two's my goal: yay.

BB/CC creams and tinted moisturisers

I had zero and I now have three because I bought a few: necessary, because tinted moisturisers are my favourite bases and I use them most days.

My goal was no more than two, but considering that I only have one foundation, three is fine: I don't want any more than four bases in total, so I'm happy with those two categories combined.

Correctors

I had one and I still have one.

One is enough for me so I'm at my goal in this category.

Concealers

I had one and I still have one, which is a good amount for me because I don't need much concealer - although the one I have is better for my winter skintone, so I may need to buy myself another one down the track. We'll see.

Two's my goal here.


Powder foundations

I had one and I still have one.

That's enough for me because I have dry skin and prefer liquids.

Setting powders

I had four (two being unopened) and I now have three (one being unopened) because I panned one.

While initially my goal was one, I'm changing that to three or four because I would like to explore the setting powder category (something I haven't done before) and work out what the best ones are, whether budget or high-end. So I'm ok with this category for now.

Finishing powders

I had one and I still have one. Happy with that.

Face palettes

I had two and I now have three because I bought myself the Hourglass Unlocked Palette - and I don't regret that for a moment!

I don't really have a goal here but three is probably too many for me, so I'll aim to pan myself down to two eventually.


Bronzers/contour powders

I had five and I still have five. Even though I bought myself three this year, I have panned some and I've also moved a couple into my custom palettes because I managed to make some extra room in those via Pan that Palette 2018.

My 2018 goal was four, so I'm not far away from that - and considering that I use one of my bronzers as a contour because it's neutral/cool, I can live with that for now.

Blushes

I had eight (one being a half-size and one being a three-pan palette) and I now have seven. This is because I made enough room in my Becca custom palette to move another Becca pan in with the others.

My 2018 goal was seven stand-alone blushes, so I've hit that goal and I couldn't be more excited! Blushes are my weakness so I've done well to restrain myself and not buy any more ; )

Highlighters

I had seven and I now have five. I panned one this year and was also able to move another one into the aforementioned Becca custom palette, which I've been hoping to do for a while (I just had to pan some items first to make room for them).

My goal was no more than seven so we're good here, although I might make five my new goal because I don't need that many highlighters and I have more in my custom palettes anyway.


Eyeshadow palettes (small and large)

I had fourteen and I still have fourteen: three quints, five septets and six larger palettes. Too many.

Unfortunately this category has blown up over the last year or so (I used to have nine), and I want to get it back down again because I don't need this many eyeshadow palettes. Let's see if I can't pan some of the smaller palettes over the next year or two. Fingers crossed!

My goal for 2019 is ten, so that's what I'll work towards.

Eyeliners 

I had one and I still have one.

That's my goal: I don't use much eyeliner.

Mascaras

I had five and I now have seven. Although I finished a couple, I also received a few as GWPs. Thankfully five of those mascaras are minis (and only two mascaras are open), so while this category has blown up over the last few months, I'm not too concerned about it.

My goal here is no more than three: one open, and one or two in back-up. I have some work to do here!

Brow products

I had two and I still have two: one pencil and one coloured gel. 

Two's my goal, so we're there.


Lipsticks

I had four and I now have three. Although I've panned a couple, I also received a mini in a Mecca Beauty Loop box.

My goal here is no more than four, for the simple reason that I prefer glosses and I'm happy to have less lipsticks and more glosses, so I'm happy with this category.

Lip balms

I had one and I still have one.

That's fine. I use lip balms something chronic so I'm happy to buy more later on, but one's enough for now.

Lip glosses

I had eight and I still have eight because I haven't panned any recently (I've been too busy panning other things).

While this is probably too many and my goal was no more than six, I don't mind having eight because I have so few lipsticks - meaning I'm happy to put the extras into this category. 


Custom palettes

I have six custom palettes: three larger ones and three smaller ones.

In my last inventory I had:

  • two bronzers 
  • six blushes (one being a mini)
  • one setting powder 
  • seven highlighters (one being a mini)
  • forty-six eyeshadows 

I now have:

  • five bronzers 
  • six blushes (one being a mini and one being a half-size)
  • one setting powder 
  • seven highlighters (one being a mini and one being a half-size)
  • forty-one eyeshadows 

As mentioned previously, my goal with this section is not so much to get the numbers down (I want my custom palettes to be full), but instead to keep finishing pans so I can continue to de-pot my individual powders and bring those into my palettes. I reach for these daily and everything in them gets plenty of use. 

So I've done ok with this section because we can see there's been some movement: that's all I'm aiming for here.


The final tally

Here we go... *nervous face*

If I count my custom palettes as only six items and don't count the individual pans, I now have 83 products - which is less than the 90 items I had in my last inventory. Happy with that!

If I include the individual pans in my custom palettes (but count pre-made palettes as one item), I now have 137 makeup products, which is a reasonable reduction from the 146 I had previously.

My overall goal for 2018 goal was less than 90 items by Christmas. Hip hip hooray, I made it!

I'd also hoped to get my individual pan-count down to less than 150 this year, which I've done so I'm pleased about that too.

That's all from me. Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.