Macadamia Natural Oil, Healing Oil Treatment - review

/
0 Comments

This will be another (unusually ; ) ) short review from me - sometimes there's not much more to say about a product other than that you like it. Plus it's Sunday and I'm having one of those 'errands' days where I'm crossing a few things off my list, and a couple of those things include developing posts from the bundle of drafts that have been sitting on my blog dashboard for a while.

I received this product in Glossybox Deutsch while I was living in Berlin. I was excited to receive it for many reasons - I needed a hair oil at the time, I liked the packaging and this was a decent trial size (30ml) of a product that looked promising.

Macadamia Natural Oil's claims:
  • A therapeutic oil for all hair types/textures
  • Especially beneficial to hair in need of hydration
  • Intense nourishment for tangle and frizz free hair
  • Instantly absorbs and penetrates; lightweight and non-greasy
  • Leaves hair ultra-smooth, manageable and shiny
  • Includes natural UV protection to extend the life of colour treatments
  • Reduces drying time by 40-50%

For more information and for tips on how to use it (I just work a small amount into dry or damp hair, but you can also add it to your conditioner for an extra punch of moisture), see here.

Details
  • Winner in the 'Sheknows' Beauty Awards 2013
  • In Oz you can buy it here 
  • RRP $39.95 for 125ml, but do shop around
  • Sturdy, glass container

Verdict

This lives up to its claims. It definitely adds moisture without weighing your hair down, which is a major plus because I don't like products that end up making your hair look dull and in need of more frequent washing. It's absolutely good for dry hair like mine, and helps in de-tangling and reducing frizz. It also has a nice smell (not sure it smells like macadamia though!) and feels special.

The only claim I'm not sure about is that it reduces drying time by up to 50%. I had no idea it was meant to do that until researching this post, and I certainly haven't noticed a reduced drying time. Might have to get back to you on that one!

Note: use only a tiny amount or you'll overdo it.

In sum, I really like this product. So far it has lasted for ages (I've had it for over a year and the little 30ml bottle is still going strong) and I would definitely buy it if I could get it at a discount price and needed more hair oil.

Have you used this and/or do you have a favourite hair oil?


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.