Sportsgirl Pout About It! Lip Colour in Enchanted - review

/
0 Comments

This will be a short review because I don't need to say too much about this purchase - other than that I'm glad I made it.

In short: I wanted a crazy purple lipstick. Not plum, not eggplant, but crazy. I don't have a lot of dough at the moment and I walked into Sportsgirl not for the makeup but to kill time while waiting for the tram. I found this and at first was suspicious (Sportsgirl makes clothes, not makeup, yes?), but gave it a crack anyway.


See above and below pictures (below is taken inside, with flash). I'd call that purple of the crazy variety ; ). Electric purple, perchance. I tested it and came back a few hours later because I was impressed by the staying power and hadn't expected that from a $9.95 lip colour from Sportsgirl. Waahhooo!


Sportsgirl doesn't say much about its lip colours, other than this: 'Vibrant, cream lip colour that moisturises and protects. Not tested on animals.'

For a list of ingredients, see here. The packaging is plastic and you get 4g of product. The colour I got is creamy but apparently some of the shades are matte. Might have to go out and buy me another one...


The above lip swatch it taken outside, in natural light, and I've taken a second one below for good measure.

How cool is the colour?! I mightn't be wearing it every day, but for $9.95 that's fine by me.

The good news is, I've finally moved away from buying orange and coral colours (!). Let's hope for my wallet's sake that I don't go quite as crazy in the purple department ; )


Verdict

Does this live up to its claims? Yes. It's super moisturising and is certainly a vibrant colour. As mentioned, I was impressed with the staying power too - it lasted much longer than many other, more expensive products and left a nice stain behind that lasted for ages. 

I'm not saying you won't need to reapply it: I'm just saying that, like me, you might be pleasantly surprised by the quality of this product. Makes me wonder whether I should be trying other makeup in Sportsgirl's range...

Just proves once again that you don't need to fork out a lot for decent quality products, yes? Yay to that. Also proves not to judge a book by its cover - fashion retailers can produce decent makeup.

Has anyone else used much Sportsgirl makeup and skincare etc? If so, what did you think?


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.