Sachet city: samples used in April 2016

/
0 Comments

It feels like a while since I did a sachet city post, and since I had so many face mask samples to get through (only half are in here), I thought I'd better use those while I only have a couple of face masks open.

I've been in the market for a face mask and there's room in my collection for one more, so I did go out and grab a few samples from GlamGlow because I'd heard great things about the brand's offerings. Unfortunately they didn't wow me as much as I'd hoped - at least, not all of them did - but more on that below.


GlamGlow Flashmud Brightening Treatment

This one's a brightening treatment that aims to instantly give the look of radiant, luminous skin. It was my favourite of the three GlamGlow products I sampled and the only one I might consider buying.

It contains some really fine particles that have a microdermabrasion effect, and they're so fine that I don't find them to be too scratchy (unlike the bits in the Youthmud mask below). My skin looks bright and feels so smooth after using this, and I'd have put it on the wishlist already if it didn't cost almost $100. I might look for a similar product to see if there's something cheaper that delivers the same results.

GlamGlow Thirstymud

This is apparently an innovative, multitasking mud mask that moisturises, replenishes and soothes the skin for a radiant complexion.

I didn't mind this and it smells wonderful and feels beautifully silky and creamy on the skin. I did find that it hydrated quite well and left my face looking more glowy, but I'm glad I tried Ren's Glycolactic Radiance Mask first because I prefer that, and I already own it (and it's cheaper) so I don't need this one.

GlamGlow Youthmud Mask

This is GlamGlow's best-seller and I've wanted to try it for ages. It's a mud mask that's designed to refine skin texture, clear the complexion and deliver radiant-looking skin.

I got a couple of applications from this pot and didn't love it: on me, the product tingles to the point that it almost stings, which I can handle if the results are good, but I found it far too scratchy when it comes to adding water and massaging it in/washing it off. I felt it may be doing damage to my skin because it's so scratchy, so I wouldn't use it again.


Palmolive Naturals Active Nourishment Shampoo & Conditioner

I really didn't like these products, although that may be because they're designed for normal hair and my hair is dry. 

The shampoo didn't clean well and the conditioner wasn't hydrating: I actually needed to wash and condition my hair again after using these because I could tell even in the shower that my hair wasn't washed or conditioned. Not for me!

Pure Tan Pure Moisture Coconut Body Créme

This was a sample from my beautyheaven beautorium haul and it's amazing! It smells so good and the cream itself is super hydrating. My dry skin loved it. 

It also absorbs well and the texture is just divine - so rich and nourishing without being too heavy. I might have to buy this if I ever see it on special (it costs around $30, which is more than I'd normally spend on a body cream). Love. 



Aesop Chamomile Concentrate Anti-blemish Masque

This is apparently a fast-acting, purifying masque to combat unwelcome blemishes. It works to draw out inflammation and inhibit the spread of bacteria.

I used this today and quite liked the texture: it's soft and silky and feels wonderful against the skin. In terms of effect, it's really no different from any other mud mask I've tried so I wouldn't recommend it considering the $51 price tag. There's a Sukin mask I've used that has a similar texture and costs a fraction of the price so I'd pick that over this any day.

Korres Wild Rose Face & Eye Serum

This is an ultra concentrated serum that provides an instant firming and line-smoothing effect. As soon as I used it, I knew it wasn't for me - it's heavily fragranced to the point that it made me recoil. While I don't mind scented products, the smell of this one is so strong that I didn't like putting it on my face (let alone my eyes). The serum itself wasn't amazing anyway so this one's a pass for me.


MOR Blood Orange Hand Cream

I love MOR hand creams and this has to be one of my favourite fragrances, if not the best one I've ever tried from the brand. 

It does indeed smell of blood oranges in a beautifully rich and complex way, and the hand cream itself was the usual good-quality formula from MOR. It hydrated my skin without leaving a residue, and the scent did linger but in a soft way: I couldn't stop smelling my hands! This one's on the wishlist : )

Radical Skincare Age Defying Exfoliating Pads

These are designed to remove dull skin and excess oil without stripping your skin of its natural moisture content, revealing a rejuvenated complexion.

I could tell as soon as I used this that it contained glycolic acid, which works for my skin but this product was a miss for me. The pads are super expensive and they're far too small: there's so much moisture in the sachet that the pad couldn't hold it all (it was so soaked that it was dripping, and there was leftover product in the sachet that went to waste). Plus it didn't work as well as my HG Alpha-H Liquid Gold, so I'll stick with that - which is cheaper anyway.

In sum

Hooray to finishing more sachets! The stand-outs in this bunch were the MOR hand cream, the Pure Tan body cream and the GlamGlow Flashmud. I'll probably buy the MOR product at some point but the other two are beyond budget at full price.

Let me know if you've tested anything amazing this month : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.