July 2016 empties #2

/
0 Comments


Another month, another round of empties posts: woot woot! 

I'm happy to say that I've seen a remarkable reduction in the amount of unused stuff I have floating around throughout July - in part because I've been decluttering my collection and in part because I haven't been buying much so I've been able to get through what I have. Yay to that : )

I'm limiting this empties post to ten products (counting the two Bio Oils as one) or otherwise we'd be here for ages, so I'm also happy to say that I have a few more products I've been able to hold over for my August empties, just in case I need to pad that post out.

Anyhoo! Let's have a look.


Nivea Irresistibly Smooth Body Lotion

Full review here. This is a sensational body cream that nourishes my dry skin and keeps it comfortable throughout the day. 

I love the pump packaging and I extra love that the product costs a measly $8 for 400ml - and I got mine at half-price so it's worth waiting for specials at the supermarket or chemist (thankfully it's widely available to boot). This is definitely a good one for those of us with dry skin, and a little goes a long way so this bottle lasted for ages. Repurchase? Yes.

Bio Oil

This is one of those products I've kept coming back to for years, and it's a staple in the bathroom not only for me but also for my husband. Full review here.

It hydrates the skin beautifully and I do think it has an impact on scarring and uneven skintone, and I've used it in both my pregnancies to help ward off stretchmarks (if it's even possible to do that, since stretchmarks are largely hereditary ; ) ). So far so good! Repurchase? Yes, already have.


Sample products

I won't go on about these too much here because I've done that recently via a decluttering post (see here), but I'll make a brief comment on each for completeness.

The Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream wasn't a bad product but I wasn't wowed by it either - a good thing, since it ain't cheap! While it felt rich and hydrating when first applied, my dry skin didn't love it and I'm not convinced it was absorbing well enough and delivering moisture where I need it most. Purchase? No.

The Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti-ageing Antioxidant Infusion Essence came in one of my sub boxes and unfortunately I didn't notice any benefits over the three weeks that I applied it (once a day, in the evenings), and sometimes it stung my skin a little - quite possibly because I'm so dry at the moment that my skin is less resilient and more easily irritated than usual. Purchase? No.

I really, really didn't like the Klorane Shampoo with Quinine and B Vitamins. It's an odd shampoo that's really liquid (and not thicker like a gel) and something about it reminds me of hard liquor. It also smells strongly of men's cologne, and I needed three washes with it to get my hair clean so I don't think it performs well. Purchase? No.



Garnier Miracle Sleeping Cream

Full review here. This came in The Parcel and it's one of those products that I neither loved nor hated. I did experience some minor irritation when I first started using it (it gave me dry patches around my mouth and nose) but those settled down after a while and it did enough good things - like hydrate and plump my skin - that I was happy enough to keep using it. I wouldn't recommend it but I don't think it's rubbish either. Purchase? No.

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara

This is became my HG budget mascara from the moment I first used it, and I haven't stopped loving it since. It lengthens and thickens my short lashes beautifully, and the brush isn't so large that I'm always having accidents on my hooded upper eye area. Plus it stays put all day. An amazing product (reviewed here). Purchase? Yes.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream

This one I've used before and I didn't love it any better the second time than I did the first. Full review here.

It's a passable moisturiser but it is heavily scented and leaves a greasy after-feel - even though it's not that hydrating anyway. Plus I've seen a lot of people say that the product breaks them out, and to be honest, I have wondered whether it does the same for me. Purchase? No.


Ren Keep Young & Beautiful Instant Firming Beauty Shot

I seem to be one of the few people who doesn't love this product, but unfortunately I somehow keep winding up with samples of the stuff! I've reviewed it here.

It's so drying and feels so uncomfortable on my skin that I can only use it over makeup during the day (I guess the makeup acts like a barrier between my skin and the product) and I can't use it on clean skin because it tightens so much that I need to wash it off. I'm in the minority here though and many people swear by this product. Purchase? No.

Ren Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial

Full review here. I LOVE this product, so much so that I bought the full size well before I was getting near the end of this travel-sized version, because I knew that I wouldn't be able to live without it once my tube ran out.

It's one of those products that does everything it says it will do - revitalises and rejuvenates, firms and tones, plumps the skin - and it does this all within one minute. My golly! So so good. Repurchase? Yes, already have.

In sum

While there are some misses in this lot, there are also plenty of hits too - the Ren Flash Rinse, the Maybelline mascara, the Nivea body cream and of course the Bio Oil.

Hooray to more empties and the successful decluttering of all sorts of products during July!

Let me know if you've used anything amazing this month - I'd love to hear : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.