November 2016 favourites

/
0 Comments
We've hit new heights of exhaustion in our house this month because my little boy still hasn't worked out that day is day and night is night (he's six weeks old and counting). 

This means I'm up all night feeding him and then chasing my toddler around all day long, and while my husband is taking as much of the load as he can, Mother Nature (who I personally think is in fact Father Nature) was mean enough to give men nipples that don't do anything. 

I mean, if men can't help us out with the breastfeeding, then why give them nipples at all? That's just cruelty, if you ask me. I have a lot of bones to pick with Mother/Father Nature. I'll write her (him) a letter, if I ever have the time.

Anyhoo. Favourites. Thank god these products have helped keep me sane...


Becca Ombre Nudes Eye Palette

Full review here. I brought this one into circulation this month as part of Project Dent because I wasn't using it enough, and turns out I really like it. Which of course isn't surprising because I generally love Becca products, so I'm glad I've finally had some solid use from it!

The shadows are beautifully soft and silky, and for the most part they blend very easily and apply well. I like this so much that I've now depotted it into a little Z-palette along with some shimmers, and I already know that it will be getting plenty more use now that I've realised just how versatile it is. Yes it looks a little boring, but gosh it's a handy palette to have.


Sunday Riley Blue Moon Tranquillity Cleansing Balm

If you read my review of this product (see here), you'll note that while I think it's lovely, I just don't think it's worth the price tag. 

Nevertheless I've loved using it this past month as a hydrating mask: with all this breastfeeding and sleep-deprivation, my skin has been drier than usual - and on those dry mornings I whack this on, leave it for 20 minutes or so before washing it off, and find that my skin's a lot happier for it.

So even though I wouldn't repurchase it because I don't think you need to spend over $70 AUD on a cleansing balm, I'm certainly enjoying using this while I have it.


IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream with SPF 50+

Sometimes over-hyped products thankfully live up to the hype, and for me, this was one of those products. I've reviewed it here.

What I love about it is that it gives such a natural coverage that can be sheered out or built up, depending on your preferences. It took me a while to get this right because the coverage is too much for my personal tastes, but if I make sure I'm super hydrated before application, I can blend it out to get the lighter base I'm after. 

Now it's one of those rare foundations I can whack on and know it will always look good, no matter what my skin is doing on any given day. Love.


Rituals The Ritual of Sakura Shower Foam

Full review here. This is probably my favourite bath & body product of all time, and indeed one of my favourite products of all time, full stop.

While I love all the versions of this foam that I've tried thus far, the scent of this one is probably my favourite because it's complex and manages to be sweet and refreshing at the same time.

If you haven't tried one of these yet, I urge you to - the foam they create is so rich and velvety that you'll be forgiven for thinking you're using a super expensive product. But you're not: at $15 AUD a pop, they're an absolute bargain.


Alpha-H Beauty Sleep Power Peel

If there's one brand that's featured the most in my monthly favourites posts, it would have to be Alpha-H. Alpha-H products just work for my skin, and quite a few of them are now staples that I can't imagine ever being without - this one included. I've reviewed it here.

This is one of those products that does enough that it makes people start asking you what you're doing different with your skin. I can't tell you how many people have told me my skin's looking better recently, and this is the product I have to thank for it: it's made my face look brighter, healthier and more even, and just happier overall. Another love.

In sum

It's been a great month of good products with quite a few decent things crossing my desk recently - indeed, it wasn't easy to narrow things down to five items this month, but I was determined to choose only the best of the best.

Do let me know what things you've been loving throughout November - I'd love to hear.

Speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.