Project Dent 2016: round up

/
0 Comments

I've been wanting to do a round-up post of all the products I included in Project Dent last year, just so you can see how much progress I made on each item over the short periods I used them.

So this post won't be a chatty post - it will be more about showing you the photos, and there's a lot of them so it will be long enough without too much rambling from me!

Briefly, Project Dent is something I started last year as an accompaniment to Project Pan and Pan that Palette: I wanted to work on some other items from my collection and this seemed like a good way to do it. My intro post on Project Dent 2016 is here if you're interested in more details.

Otherwise, let's just get into it!


Stila Eyes are the Window Palette in Mind

I introduced this product on 10 May 2016 and it was my first item for Project Dent. Above is how it looked when I introduced it to the challenge and here's how it looked after three weeks' daily use:


Not a heap of visible progress, but I can see some movement in the three along the bottom row and also the colour (Wit) above the orange and the brown beside it.

Do note I've now made this my 'franken-palette' for popular shades and I've popped out the existing shadows and put them into Pan that Palette 2017 to make sure I get some use from them.


Stila Shape & Shade Custom Contour Duo in Medium

As you can see above, I'd used quite a bit of this product to start with. Here's how it looked after around two weeks' solid use:


There's definitely been some movement, and I can happily report now that I've hit pan on both sides.

Note that this will be the next item I include in Pan that Palette 2017, once I've finished my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit. You heard it here first!


Stila In the Light Eyeshadow Palette

You can see above that there's very little progress to speak of before I put this into Project Dent, but there's definitely a few dips after 2.5 weeks' solid use:


What I decided to do after using this palette was pop out all the colours and include three in last year's Pan that Palette, which was my first try at the challenge and a practice run for me.

I've now finished off two shades, and the rest of these shadows (minus the black, which I won't use) are in this year's Pan that Palette challenge so you can see how my progress is going via those posts.


Stila Sun Bronzer in Dark

This is one of my favourite bronzers of all time but unfortunately it's been discontinued so I can't repurchase it, though I will pop it into a panning project soon enough because it's the second-oldest bronzer I own and it will soon be time to start getting through it.

Below is what happened after two weeks' solid use:


As you can see, I hit pan and that pan is now a little wider because I still reach for it often. Such a great product and one that I'll miss when it's gone.


Stila Aqua Glow Watercolour Blush in Shimmering Lotus

This is one of two cream blushes I own and both went into Project Dent last year.

Here's how it looked after 2.5 weeks of use:


Note that I didn't' make as much progress as it looks like above: unfortunately I learned that these don't travel well so some of the product ran up the sides of the cap and I'll have to remove the cap to use it.

Expect to see this in Project Pan 2017 because it's next in line after I've finished the below product.


Josie Maran Coconut Watercolour Cheek Gelee in Honeymoon Honey

This is currently on my Project Pan 2017 list and I'm determined to get through it this month by using it not only on my cheeks, but also on my lips too (it works as a stain and isn't drying if you pop a clear gloss over the top).

Here's how it looked after 2.5 weeks worth of use:


I can definitely see some progress here and from memory, it was about now that I popped this product into Project Pan because it had proven to be something that wouldn't be too hard to get through.


Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector

This was a product I'd been using perhaps every second day but I wanted to pop it into Project Dent to see whether it'd be a good fit for Project Pan.

Here's how it looked after 3 weeks' use:


A pretty good dent! I rolled it into Project Pan after that and I'm still panning it now. I enjoy the product but I'm keen to try another corrector so I'm looking forward to finishing it and shopping around for something else.


Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Super Charged Foundation

This was the first of a few bases I worked on last year as part of Project Dent. You can see above that I hadn't used much to start with and here's how it looked after two weeks' use:


Not a massive dip, but definitely some progress. I've since finished this off because I rolled it into Project Pan and it didn't take me too long to get through. It was a nice foundation but I'm in the market for something else so I was happy to get through it.


Revlon Photoready BB Cream in Medium

I bought this product because I love a good budget BB cream but unfortunately this one wasn't great and it didn't have much coverage to speak of. Indeed, here's how much progress I made after ten days' solid use:


That's a pretty big dip in a short space of time! I've since finished off this item too because I put it in Project Pan 2016.

As you can see, there's a bit of a theme here: Project Dent has been an excellent 'feeder' project for my other panning projects!


IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream

I received this product in a sub box and I love it although the coverage is too full-on for me so I need to sheer it out when I use it.

For Project Dent, I used it each day for two weeks and here was the result:


Not a bad chunk of progress! The product is now almost done and I've got to the stage where I've had to cut open the tube to remove the remaining cream (the sample tub is long gone).


Becca Ombre Nudes Eye Palette

This is one of those products that I like but I hadn't been using it enough because I kept forgetting I owned it.

Here's how it looked after two weeks' daily use:


Obviously there's not much visible progress, although you wouldn't expect to see much after only a couple of weeks' use. But some dips have opened up in the first two shades in particular, and I've since depotted this and put it in a Z-palette with the shadows below so it's had some good use after its run in Project Dent.


Ardency Inn Modster Manuka Honey Enriched Pigments

Above and below you'll see the Becca Ombre Nudes Eye Palette and my four Ardency Inn pigments (in Sunday, Heaven, Rose Gold and Disco) placed into a small Z-palette. The Ardency Inn shades are the shimmers and you'll see above that I hadn't used them much before putting them into this project.

Here's how they looked after two weeks' daily use:


Not a bad chunk of progress! I'm yet to review these but I will soon - I just need to check how they perform with different eye primers so I'll report back once I've given them a better test run.


Becca Ombre Rouge Eye Palette

This had more use than the Ombre Nudes version when I introduced it into the challenge (see above) because it's a warmer palette and I gravitate more towards warmer colours.

Here's how it looked after two weeks:


You can definitely see some good dips. Indeed this may be a good candidate for Pan that Palette eventually because I use it so much and each shade works with a variety of different looks.


Urban Decay Beached Bronzer in Bronzed

Last but not least, my Urban Decay bronzer. I bought both shades when they were released (the other one is a perfect nude blush on my skintone and this is better for bronzing), but I only opened them a couple of months back because I wanted to finish off other products first.

Here's how this looked after three weeks' solid use:


There's definitely a dip and you may well see this in Project Pan 2017 later this year because I'd like to hit pan on it this year if I can.

In sum

I won't bore you with too much of a wrap up because this post is long enough as it is, but suffice to say that Project Dent was a really useful project and I recommend doing something like this if you'd like to see some movement in your collection.

The challenge has proven to me that it's possible to make visible progress on makeup items in only a short space of time, and it's also encouraged me to use and review some products I'd kept forgetting about.

Also, it's been a great 'feeder' project for my other panning challenges and I'll definitely be doing it again this year: I just need to get my act together and pick out my next item!

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.