Project Dent 2017: Clarins Aquatic Treasures Summer Bronzing Compact

/
0 Comments

I've just rounded off Project Dent 2016 with a final post (see here) and it's inspired me to kick off the challenge for the new year.

Yes I'm a little slow to start but there's been a lot going on since Christmas and unfortunately life hasn't yet calmed down for us and we're due to drive up to Sydney this Thursday for a wedding. Sounds like a nice idea in theory but in practice we have a two-year-old and a four-month-old and it will be our first road-trip with both of them (indeed it will be our first long car ride with either of them) and I've no idea how it will go. I'm trying not to think about it ; )

Anyhoo. That's a round-a-bout way of saying that I'm somewhat limited in what I pick first for Project Dent 2017 - in part because I want something that's going to travel well and in part because I wanted something with a big mirror that I can use while we're away. Enter this product.


I bought this bronzer around a year ago but only opened it about six months back because I already had enough bronzers and I was waiting to finish one before using this.

Since then I've only used it perhaps three times and I tried it a fourth time today because I wanted to see whether it worked ok on the eyes too (it does), so I've made the decision to take it with me and make it my first product for Project Dent 2017.


Please do excuse my photos of this product: I've since started taking some better shots but these are old because I photographed it when I first opened it. 

What I'll do is try to take some fresh shots while we're away so I can write my review post with some nicer ones, but these will do for Project Dent because they still give you a good idea of what the product looks like.


Above I've photographed it in direct sunlight and below in natural light. I've used it four times since taking these shots, but the compact looks exactly the same now so there's no point taking fresh photos just for this post (plus I've been having some computer issues - don't I always? - so today I'm stuck using photos I've already taken, edited and saved in my drafts).

As you can see, there are four colours in this compact and you can use them as you wish. I've discovered that the darker two work best for bronzing so I mix those for that, and I prefer the lighter two mixed together and used as a blush because the colour is too peach for bronzing on me if I mix all four together.

Each shade can of course be used separately as an eyeshadow, and the product is a massive 20g compact that comes with a sizeable mirror so it's a good pick for travel.


I also wanted to use this product for Project Dent because it's one of those items that I keep forgetting to use. It's not that it's a bad product, it's just that I have so many other things to reach for that this one has been gathering dust. So it's an excellent choice for Project Dent!

I'm not sure how much visible progress we'll see if I use this for a couple of weeks straight because the powder is quite hard to the touch and you don't need to apply much each time, but I would like to see if I can at least make the pattern look slightly more worn.

I'll also aim to take some fresh photos and review this product in the coming weeks, so do stay tuned for that.

That's all from me for now. Wish me luck!


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.