February 2017 empties #1

/
0 Comments

I've been saying since the beginning of the year now that I really need to push out more than two empties posts a month for at least a couple of months because my empties stack just keeps growing and growing. Unfortunately it won't be this month since we've had a lot on and time has been thin on the ground, but I'll try to make March and April the months when I finally make a better dent in my empties collection.

Anyhoo. At least I'm getting around to an empties post now, and it's quite a good one with a few products that I love and would repurchase. Let's have a look.


Antipodes Ananda Antioxidant-rich Gentle Toner

Full review here. I like Antipodes as a brand but this toner just didn't float my boat, so I'm glad that it's gone because I've since moved on to a Darphin product that I much prefer (review coming soon!).

This one isn't bad, it's just that it didn't do much for my skin and there was nothing about the experience of using it that made it something I looked forward to applying. The good news is that it didn't irritate my sensitive skin, but it also didn't remove gunk properly or tone well so it's not one I recommend. Repurchase? No.

Alpha-H Liquid Gold with Glycolic Acid

This is one of those products that's almost not worth commenting on because you've probably seen me go through bundles of empties of it and it's often on my favourites lists, so there's not much to say other than that it's an HG product for me and I can't remember the last time I was using a bottle without a bottle in back-up. I can't bear to be without it. Full review here. Repurchase? Already have.

Nuxe Contour de Yeux Prodigieux

Full review here. This came as a 'freebie' when I swapped some Beautyheaven points for it and only paid shipping, and I'm pleased to say that I really enjoyed the product so it's on my radar now because it's not expensive for an eye cream and it does a good job.

It absorbs beautifully and nourishes my dry skin well enough that my eyes feel comfortable throughout the day, plus it plumps up lines and a little goes a long way so this bottle lasted for ages. Definitely one to check out next time you see it on special in one of the big pharmacies. Purchase? Yes.


Kiss My Face Eyewitness Eye Repair Creme

Full review here. I bought this for a song from iHerb ages ago and while it wasn't a bad product, it didn't have enough grunt for me personally and in the end I couldn't use it as my only eye cream because otherwise my dry eyes wound up more wrinkly and uncomfortable than they had been before. It was ok for morning use and it absorbed and spread well, but I wouldn't recommend it if like me you need something more from your skincare. Repurchase? No.

Alpha-H Balancing Moisturiser and Gentle Exfoliant

I've been through a few tubes of this and I love it just as much now as I did when I first tried it. It's a fantastic product that's super hydrating and makes my skin look much brighter and more awake. I've reviewed it here.

It's rare for me to find skincare that I keep repurchasing because I'm always keen to try new products, but some things just work and become staples indefinitely. This is one of them. Repurchase? Yes.

Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask

Full review here. Very few face masks are worth the effort in my opinion, but this is certainly one of them. It's been well-loved in the beauty community for years now and there's a reason why: it does exactly what it claims to do and it's good value for money because a small amount does lots of work.

What this does for me is make my skin look brighter and fresher, plus it plumps up my face and makes me look more youthful and healthy. I've been through a few bottles of this now and I'll absolutely repurchase it once I've finished off another couple of masks. Repurchase? Yes.

IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream SPF 50+

This is another hyped-up product in the beauty world and I can totally see why: it offers a beautiful, medium-to-full coverage that's very natural and it's one of those products that seems to suit a variety of skin types, if the online reviews are anything to go by.

While I do love this product and can see myself buying it in future (this sample came in a sub box), my only issue with it is that the coverage is a little too strong for my personal tastes so I need to do extra work when I use it - either by adding oil to sheer it out or really blending it well over a heavy-duty moisturiser - and this is the only thing that's held me back from buying it straight away because I'm time-poor and lazy to boot. Purchase? Yes.


Project Pan empties

As usual I won't talk about these too much here because I've done that to death via Project Pan, but suffice to note the following:

  • The Mellow Lipstick in Nude (reviewed here) is a great, budget formula but this particular shade didn't quite suit me (it came in a sub box) so I'm pleased to be through it. I would still recommend the formula though.
  • The Mecca Sunbrella Superspray (reviewed here) was a disappointment because I'd hoped for something I could spritz over makeup but what I got was something that irritated the skin, reeked of alcohol and dissolved makeup because it's so greasy.
  • The Too Faced Shadow Insurance (reviewed here) is an oldie but a goodie and it's well-loved for a reason. I'd buy it again but I'm keen to try other formulas so I'll do that first and see if I can't find something new to love.
  • The Savvy Eyeliner (reviewed here) is an outstanding, affordable option if you're after an eyeliner that applies beautifully and doesn't budge - the only caveat being that I haven't seen this particular version of the product around recently so I can't comment on whether the new formula is the same, just a repackaged version.
  • The Josie Maran liquid highlighter (reviewed here) was so bad that it made my 'disappointing products' list for 2016 and I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole again, even if you paid me.

So that's a big no for repurchasing the Mecca and Josie Maran products but a yes to the other three.

In sum

This turned out to be quite a good bunch of empties and there's a few products in here that I loved and would definitely buy again.

Do let me know if you've finished anything amazing recently that you plan to repurchase - I'd love to hear.

Speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.