Marie Claire's Ageless Parcel, March 2017 - unboxing and first impressions

/
0 Comments

Although this little box arrived last Friday, it wasn't until today that I was finally able to photograph it. Indeed, I completely forgot about it over the weekend and I didn't even open it until this morning!

That's how busy it's been recently, so I'm sorry that my unboxing post is up a little later than it normally would be and I'll attempt to get myself back on schedule throughout the next few weeks.


Above are the contents of this edit of the Ageless Parcel. I've had a quick look online and seen that many people aren't super happy with this edit, but I personally am because it contains things I'll use and don't already have too many of.

That's the problem with being a beauty junkie: you tend to wind up with heaps of stuff that then gets placed in a cupboard for months until you're ready to use it. Not with this box. With this one, I'll be bringing each item into circulation relatively soon. That's a plus, for me at least.

As always I'll do an unboxing post now and give you my first impressions, and later on I'll do individual reviews of each item so you know what I think of everything. 

So without further ado, let's have a look.


L'Occitane Immortelle Precious Cream (RRP $85 AUD for 50ml; received 8ml sample)

According to the product card, L'Occitane has invested in the very first large-scale, sustainable and organic immortelle program in Corsica (immortelle being a flower with exceptional longevity). This product should leave skin looking more luminous, revitalised and rejuvenated.

L'Occitane is a brand I associate with my mother's handbag: there always being a battered, rolled-up tube of L'Occitane handcream somewhere in the bottom of it - among all the crumbs and small coins - while I was growing up. 

I think I also 'under-value' the brand after seeing so many GWP handcreams stuck to the front of magazines in the supermarket over the years, so in my head L'Occitane does hands and nothing else. But this of course is incorrect, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this little sample goes. It might even be the item I'm most looking forward to in the box because it just looks special.


Redwin Coconut Balm (RRP $5.99 AUD for 25g; received full size)

This apparently contains 100 per cent organic coconut oil, infused with moisturising papaya extract and jojoba oil. You can use it to help relieve and heal dry, chapped lips, as well as cuts, burns and insect bites.

I've used this product before and remember quite liking it (see review here). I'm sure it's not an exciting product to many but I already know that I'll be opening it straight away and using it on my dry tootsies, since I don't have a foot cream at the moment and I enjoy using one because my feet are the driest part of my body. So the inclusion of this product has in fact saved me a purchase, which is always a good thing!


Elucent Anti Aging Eye Cream (RRP $49.99 AUD for 15ml; received full size)

This is designed to smooth fine lines and wrinkles, and it should reduce the appearance of dark circles to boot. It contains a hydrating combination of 4 per cent AHAs and a special blend of vitamins B3, C and E, plus it's fragrance-free and an excellent gentle option for use around the eyes.

This is a beautifully timed arrival for me because I don't have any back-up eye creams so I'll need one soon enough and this has saved me a purchase. I'm not sure how well it will go on my dry, dehydrated eye area (which needs plenty of TLC) but I'm looking forward to finding out.


Jergens Age Defying Multi Vitamin Moisturiser (RRP $6.99 AUD for 250ml; received full size)

According to the card, this contains a unique blend of emollients, antioxidants and vitamins A, C and E that should help restore your skin's youthful look by diminishing the signs of aging. It should leave skin noticeably more luminous and also triple skin's moisture content with continued use.

Body cream is something I'm always running out of so I'm more than happy to receive another one. While it mightn't be exciting because we've seen so many Jergens creams come from The Parcel over the last couple of years, at least I haven't tried this one and it will get some good use. Plus from memory I've liked every Jergens body cream I've tried so far (aside from the self-tanning one), so hopefully I'll like this one too.


Revlon UniqOne Hair Treatment (RRP $29.95 AUD for 150g; received full size)

This range from Revlon apparently offers the most advanced technology and gives you ten benefits to help you achieve spectacular results. This particular product is revolutionising the market (them's fighting words!). It's a leave-in spray treatment that should repair dry/damaged hair; offer shine and frizz control; protect your hair from heat; and leave it smooth and silky.

I have some memory of trying a sample of this in the past and not loving it, but that was years ago so I'm happy to try it again. Mind you, it's the only thing in here that I won't be using immediately because my haircare stash is in backlog and I'm busy panning myself down to more manageable levels. Still, I need haircare more than I need makeup so that's something!

In sum

I'm happy with my box because I'll use everything in here and, as mentioned above, it has saved me a couple of purchases so I don't need to head down to Chemist Warehouse with the double-pram again any time soon (touch wood) - never an enjoyable experience so it's one I'm pleased to delay.

I can however see that some people wouldn't be too thrilled with the contents because we've seen it all before, so it mightn't be everyone's cup of tea.

The RRP value of the box clocks in at around $100 so the value is there, but it's not the best-value box we've seen from Marie Claire either.

Still, I'm pleased with mine. It hasn't however convinced me to re-subscribe so that's worth noting too.

Let me know if you received this box and what you think of it if so.


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.