Project Dent 2017: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit in Surreal Light

/
0 Comments

Hello all and welcome to my second Project Dent introduction post for the month: in March I'll also be denting my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit in Surreal Light.

I'm doing Project Dent a little differently this month: while normally I pick one product to use for a couple of weeks and then pick a second later on, this month I've decided to pick two on top of each other because I'm mixing them so I thought I'd do two products for a little longer, rather than do two separately for a shorter space of time each.


The first product I introduced to Project Dent this month was my Becca Mineral Blush in Bolero (see here). I've opted to dent it by using it daily as a bronzer because I find it easier to use the same bronzer every day than I do blush - but it's a touch too red on me to use as a bronzer so what I'm doing is mixing it with one of the pans in this palette, being the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Surreal Bronze (centre front, below).

You will see in the photos that I didn't get much of the brown in my Hourglass bronzer and unless I really concentrate my brush, the colour I get is a pale champagne - definitely not bronze. I suppose I could have returned it for another palette, but turns out I have a lot of use for this shade - which is why it's had more use than any of the other shades in this palette combined.


You will see in the mirror reflection (above) just how much I've already used of this shade. 

This is partly because I mixed it with Radiant Light from my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit once I'd finished Incandescent Light (I needed a paler mixer to use it all over the face) and partly because I was using it as an all-over setting powder for a month not long after I got it. I was doing this in the hope that I might eventually uncover more brown. I didn't. I uncovered more champagne. Erk.


Hoh well, not to worry. Once I used this for a couple of months and realised that it was in fact my perfect palette (with or without the bronzer), I went ahead and bought a back-up. 

Now I normally never, ever buy back-ups of makeup products because let's face it, we never get through them anyway - but in this case I was prepared to make an exception because Hourglass is my favourite brand for powders and I knew I'd get through this one soon enough without really trying to. Indeed, I've already made good in-roads into everything but the bright blush (top right), so I reckon that's the only one that will prove more challenging for me to pan.

Otherwise I can see myself getting through the whole thing by the end of 2018, and since I don't want to be without it - EVER - I'm happy that I've got another one waiting in the wings.

Here's how it looked when I first bought it (you'll see there was more brown to start with):


And here's how it looks as of today, 15 March (see how much of the brown is now gone?):


Below I've enhanced the photo for clarity:


As you can see above, I've made good progress not only in the 'bronze' shade but also in the nude blush above it (I bloody love that blush). The highlighter shade (bottom right) is also flattened a bit and while the remaining two pans still look relatively new, I've used them both heaps so I'm expecting to see progress soon enough.

While my aim for this round of Project Dent is to keep focusing on the 'bronzer' shade - which I'll mix with Becca's Bolera for the rest of the month - I will also dip into the other shades on occasion because it's hard not to when everything's right here before me and I don't need to faff around with other compacts.

I also plan to review this palette during the denting period, so stay tuned for that.

Hope all's well with you guys, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.