Project Dent 2017 update: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion

/
0 Comments

Hullo all and welcome to my next Project Dent update for 2017!

Back on the 21st of February (it's now the 8th of March), I introduced this Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion into my Project Dent series, so I've used it every day since then and am now back to show you whether I've made any visible progress.

Do note that I'm rather 'nervous' about this one because, while I've mostly been able to show progress on products over a two-to-three week period, I wasn't convinced that I'd be able to do it with this: Hourglass powders are notoriously hard to pan (I would know because I've panned three!) and they also don't show progress easily because they're domed, rather than flat. This means you don't get 'dents' in them easily and are more likely to slightly flatten the product's surface with frequent use, which doesn't make things easy for the camera.

Anyhoo! Let's have a look and see how I've done. Note that I'll include more photos than usual, just in case any of them show progress better, due to the angle.

So, here's where it was 2.5 weeks ago:


And again:


One more for good measure:


And here's how it looks today, 8 March, after daily use since 21 February (and please note that I've enhanced the below photo for clarity, so don't rely on it for colour):


Here's the same shot un-enhanced; you should still be able to see differences in the surface, despite the fact that I haven't upped the clarity:


Here's a shot from the side, although I'm not sure how much progress it'll show:


In sum

Obviously Hourglass powders aren't going to show much progress in the space of 2.5 weeks, but I can see some visible differences in the before and after shots above - mainly due to the extra little holes and brush marks that have appeared during the Project Dent period, as opposed to any visible flattening of the surface.

While I'd of course prefer to bring items into Project Dent that are going to show visible progress very quickly, my main aim with this project is to make sure that everything I own gets rotated and loved throughout the year - so I'll nevertheless include Hourglass products in future because I do own a few and I want to ensure they're as loved as the rest of my collection. 

As a general rule I reach for Hourglass products without 'forcing' myself to because the brand makes, in my humble opinion, some of the best powders on the market - but if I keep doing panning projects like this one, I want to make sure they're included so I'm not opting to use 'lesser' products over these.

So in sum, we can see some small progress over the denting period but this blush is absolutely in for the long haul, so I don't think Hourglass blushes would make good 'Project Pan subjects' unless you're a glutton for punishment! 

Worth noting, though, is that never once did I tire of this blush during the denting period, and it's my oldest blush so that says enough in itself.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.