Makeup Inventory: June 2017

/
0 Comments

Hello all and welcome to my June 2017 makeup inventory.

My last inventory post was at the end of March (see here) and as promised, I'm back with my mid-year update.

I must say, I was a bit naughty as Sephora's last 20 per cent off sale and it was also my birthday on 30 June so we've had a few things sneak in that I probably (definitely) didn't need, but you know what? I don't regret any of it.

So, let's see where my numbers are at.


Base products

Primers

I had eight in my last update (open: two full size, one travel size and one mini; unopened: three full size and one mini) and even though I've since panned two, I also bought three in the Sephora sale that I've had my eye on for ages so...naughty me.

I now have nine (three open full sizes, two open minis and four unopened back-ups) and my goal for June was six so I've set myself back in this category.

At least I don't have more than 90ml open: that was my other goal and I've stuck to that.

Setting sprays

Late update I had two full sizes and I've now finished those and bought two more (one open, one unopened) so I'm happy with this category. 

Liquid illuminators

I had three and I still have three even though I panned one because I received one as a GWP. I have one opened full size, one open mini and one unopened full size: two is my goal here.

Liquid foundation

I had four and I've since finished one and bought two, so I now have three open and two unopened (five). My goal here is no more than three.

Shade adjusting drops (new category)

I've still got one unopened. I'm looking forward to finishing my current light foundation (which I use for mixing) so I can try it.


Powder foundation

I had three and I now have one travel-size because I panned my full sizes. I'm happy with this category for now, although zero might be my eventual goal because I don't use powder foundation (I have dry skin and prefer liquids).

BB/CC cream and tinted moisturiser

I had three and I now have two so I'm happy with this category. In theory I could buy another one but I won't do that until I've finished at least two foundations.

Corrector

I had two and I still have two. I'm panning one so I'll soon reduce this category too.

Concealer

I had four and I now have three. My goal is two so I'm close to that. Happy days. 


Face (miscellaneous) 

Setting powder

I had three and now have one because I finished two. I'm happy with my one so I've reached my goal.

Finishing powder

I had one and I still have one. That's fine.

Face palettes

I still have one (plus one unopened backup of the same limited-edition palette), which contains a finishing powder, a bronzer, two blushes and one highlight. My goal is no more than two so this category is fine.


Creams

Cream blushes

I had one and still have one, and I want to finish it (I'm currently panning it) because my goal here is zero.

Cream eyeshadow/bases and primers

I had four and now have five because I bought a standard eye primer since I don't like the one I have so I'm currently panning it. So I have two liquid/cream eyeshadows, two dedicated eye primers (one being unopened) and a glitter glue (also unopened).

I want to finish my two cream/liquid shadows and also the dud eye primer, bringing me down to two.

Cream contours

I had one cream contour duo and one creamy highlighter pencil, and I still have these two - but I'm panning both so expect to see this category eventually move to zero, which is my overall goal.

Cream highlighter

I had one and I've since decluttered it so I'm at my goal of zero.


Powder products

This is my 'bad' section and I have more than anyone needs, but I won't be too hard on myself because I do get a lot of joy from these products.

As always, note that these numbers don't count the products in my Z-palettes, since I view those as 'palettes' and I'd rather count the pans in those separately because that makes it easier to see movement throughout the year (eg as I finish pans in my Z-palettes and move my individual products into those) - and seeing movement is what keeps me motivated!

Bronzer

Previously I had five full sizes (plus one unopened); one liquid mini and six powder minis. That's twelve in total - a lot more than my goal of six - although I only bought one of the minis and the rest were either GWPs or came in sub boxes, so I'm not too mad at myself here ; ).

I've had to count them again and I have five powder minis (four being unopened: the sixth is now in my Z-palettes), one liquid mini and five full sizes, so I've gone down one mini in this category and the total is now eleven.

Blush

I had twelve and I still have twelve (one being a half size and one being a palette). I did make enough room in my Z-palettes to move one of my Becca blushes into that, but I also bought another Marc Jacobs blush during the sales. Ooops. 

Powder highlighter

I had nine full sizes and one half size (we'll call that ten) and I now have six (including one half-size), and I was scratching my head over this until I realised that I've moved two full sizes into my Z-palettes and also recently re-pressed Mary-Lou and Cindy-Lou from theBalm into one pan, which is now part of my Pan that Palette challenge so that's in my Z-palettes too.

My ultimate goal here is seven so I've done one better! Still, we now have a lot of highlighters in my Z-palettes (those will be counted below) so it's not all sunshine and lollipops.


Eyes

Eyeshadow palettes (small and large)

I had two quads, two quints and four larger palettes (eight) and I've since depotted a quint and a quad (there was room in my Z-palettes) and also bought two quints and one larger palette (the large one being unopened). Damn sales!

My aim is to keep this number at around seven, but it's now at nine and I know I want to buy the ABH Subculture palette when that's released so I have some work to do here.

Eyeliners 

I had three (one being an unopened mini) and I now have two because I finished one. Two was my goal but let's bring that down to one because I only ever need one at a time.

Mascara

I had three and I still have three (two being unopened). I'm happy with this number.

Brow products

I had zero but I received one in a sub box and another as a GWP so I now have two (one being unopened). I'm ok with this number.


Lips

Lip liner

I had two and I've finished one so I now have one. My goal is zero.

Lipstick

I had seventeen (including two unopened ones) and I still have seventeen (five being unopened). Even though I finished some, I've received some as GWPs or through sub boxes. Twelve is my goal here.

Lip crayon

I had one and I finished that but received another one as a GWP, so I still have one.

Lip balm

I had three and I still have three (one being unopened). Even though I finished some, I received a couple as GWPs. 

Lip gloss

I had five (two open and three unopened) and I now have six (three being unopened) because I received one as a GWP and also found an old one that I thought I'd lost (it was in a coat pocket). My goal was six but let's bring that down to three or four: I don't need more than that.


Z-palettes

As always, the sting in the tail. 

I have four in total: two larger Z-palettes and two smaller ones.

In my last inventory I had:
  • two bronzers (one being a mini)
  • one contour powder
  • two full sized blushes and three mini blushes (six total)
  • four full sized highlighters and one mini (five total)
  • forty-nine eyeshadow pans 

I now have:
  • two bronzers (one being a mini)
  • no contour powder (finished)
  • three full sized blushes (I must have finished the minis: these were ones I'd mixed myself so they were very small and very powdery)
  • seven full-sized highlighters (yikes)
  • fifty-seven pans of eyeshadow

As mentioned previously, my goal with this section is not so much to get the numbers down (because I want my Z-palettes to be full), but instead to keep finishing pans for now so I can continue to bring new products into these palettes, since I reach for them daily and anything in them gets plenty of use. So I've done pretty well in this section because we can see there's been some movement.


In sum

As with last time, I'm a bit nervous about this count because I'm worried that my numbers might have gone up!

So, including the individual pans in my Z-palettes (but counting pre-made palettes as one item), I now have a total of 182 makeup items, which is a little down from the 185 makeup items I had previously. 

If I count the Z-palettes as only four items and don't count the individual pans, I have 113 - a good reduction from the 127 I had in my last inventory. I'm surprised!

Again, my overall goal is no more than 100 items, plus whatever's in my Z-palettes, so I'm not too far away from that! If I remove twenty of my individual items, I'll be there.

That's all from me for now. I'll check back in at the end of September and let you know where things are at.

Speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.