Project Pan 2017 mini update #21

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to another Project Pan mini update!

I'm super excited about this one: as fellow panners will know, it takes AGES to finish cream eyeshadows and eye primers, so I'm thrilled that I've finally managed to knock this one off my list.

I've panned one of these 'Tini Beauty Eye Cordials before and eventually I had to toss the last one because it had thickened up and I wasn't sure it was still safe to use on the eyes. This one in Spiced Rum started to thicken up last month, but since it's a bronze colour (the other one was purple), I was able to double-purpose it.


As you may know, I was previously using Becca's Topaz (the liquid version) mixed in with my primer to give my skin a bronze glow that added something extra to my tinted moisturiser. So once I finished the Becca product, I realised that I could use this one for the same thing.

While I'm not sure the glow would have peeked through if I were a full-coverage foundation wearer, both the Becca and 'Tini Beauty products made a slight difference to the finish of any sheer/light/medium coverage base I used over the top - and I really enjoyed both products for this use.

So yes, I've double-purposed this cream shadow for the last month, which is why I've panned it much faster lately than I've done in previous months (see markers above and below).


You'll note that I removed the stopper, and I've done my best to scrape all the product I could reach off the sides of the tube, but those last bits had dried - which is why you're not seeing clear plastic but instead a sheer layer of product.

You'll also note that I haven't been able to reach the chunk of product at the base of the tube (the applicator wasn't long enough: why oh why can't brands make them longer?!), and while I could have stuck something long and skinny down there to extract the remains - and indeed I've done that before - in this case I decided not to because this product is borderline expired so it's time to call it done.

And yes, although I've enjoyed this shadow, I've had more than enough of it now anyway ; ) 


So! Time for a replacement. I didn't need to think about this one: I've decided to pan the only other cream eyeshadow I own, being my BareMinerals 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow SPF 15 in Sweet Spice. How's that for a long title. I mean really.

I opened this in January so it's been in use for six months, and I'd like to pan it by the end of the year - bringing me within the 12 month shelf-life-after-opening date.

While I'm not too fussed about shelf-lives when it comes to powder products, when it comes to creams you use on the eyes (especially with a doe-foot applicator), I personally prefer to follow the expiry guidelines. That's one of the reasons why I don't buy many cream eyeshadows/bases, and also why they always end up in my Project Pans.


So, the product is 3ml and I've used it often enough, though of course it will take ages to pan. But you never know, with a colour like this (it's a neutral brown that pulls cool on me and is slightly darker than my skintone when blended out), it could potentially make a great facial contour shade too. Looking forward to finding out!

I'm also looking forward to reviewing it, so stay tuned for that if you're interested.


In sum

That's all from me! I hope you enjoyed this post and didn't find it too ramble-a-sonic (that's SO a word). Sorry, I'm in a verbose mood this morning ; )

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon xx


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.