So Susan Nail Lacquer in Mimosa - review

/
0 Comments

We received this full-sized nail polish in a previous Violet Box and I've been meaning to try it for ages. It's been sitting on my dresser waiting for me, and since I'm not a massive fan of the colour, I've almost given it away a bunch of times. So glad I didn't!


So Susan has turned up a few times now in Violet Box and I really liked the liquid illuminator, so it will be good to see how the other products fare.

It's 9ml in size but somehow looks smaller. You can buy a pack of four of these on the So Susan website for $20.79, but of course they post to the UK only so it may take some searching to find them in Australia. The polishes used to be available in the Violet Box shop for $10 each but it looks like they're not available anymore.

Shelf-life is 24 months, which makes me happy. All nail polishes should have a 24 + month shelf-life I reckon. No one gets through a bottle in a year unless they're using the same colour, week in, week out.

Verdict

I received a pale pink colour ('Mimosa') that isn't my kind of colour and would probably look best in summer when my skin's more tanned.

I wasn't sure about this at first. It's quite thick and streaky (sticky too) and didn't dry very quickly. After two coats, barely any colour was visible (it might as well have been clear), but something happened on the third coat: the colour suddenly appeared and the streaks were gone.

Now for the test - I find three coats is usually too much to apply at once for polishes (they get too thick and never quite seem to dry, no matter that you leave a good half hour between coats). BUT this ended up drying well, and nice and hard. My golly after 48 hours' wear there's not even the tiniest chip on it! I can't believe it - this never happens. Even my index finger is still going strong and that's usually the first to go.

Could this be my new HG of nail products?

Have you tried it? If so, what did you think?


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.