2015 favourites: top five haircare products of 2015

/
0 Comments
I was going to write my skincare favourites today but it's been a bad night so I've decided to do my top haircare products of 2015 because it's a shorter post and it was already half drafted.

As I did for my 2015 makeup favourites, I'm limiting this post to products I've already reviewed - meaning a couple of open products won't get a mention this year - and I'm also going to use the photos I've already taken (rather than shooting fresh ones) because some of the products are finished so the empty containers are long gone.

Without further ado, and in no particular order:



Best Shampoo & Conditioner: Organix (OGX) Hydrating Macadamia Oil Shampoo & Conditioner

Full review here. These products are just sensational for my dry, frizzy hair and I'm so glad I've finally found them!

I've always been one of those people who needs to load my hair up with product to keep it looking half-decent, but this shampoo/conditioner combo is so good that I don't need I need to do that. The reason being, these leave my hair shiny, hydrated and more manageable, and they do a great job at banishing my frizz too.

If you have unruly hair, I urge you to give this line a go.


Best Hair Mask: Royal Moroccan Hair Mask Treatment

This product does an amazing job of nourishing my hair and leaving it soft, shiny and hydrated. I've reviewed it here.

As with the OGX products, when I use this one I don't need to load my hair up with product after washing because it already looks decent and is much easier to manage. It also targets frizz and is especially good for knotty hair. It's a little pricey but you can find it on special so it's one to look out for during the sales because it really is fantastic.


Best Leave-in Conditioner: Cedel Conditioning Foam with Argan Oil

I've reviewed this here. This was probably my most surprising haircare find of the year because Cedel is a budget brand and I've never liked its products.

This foam however completely blew my socks off, and it's the best leave-in conditioning treatment that I've found. It makes my hair soft, shiny and nourished, plus it's a great detangler. And you can pick it up at the pharmacy for a song. Woot woot! Love this one.


Best Strengthening Treatment: Valley Sous Hair Solution Protein Therapy Perfect Mist

This is one of the few products I received from Memebox that I really loved. I've reviewed it here. It's a different kind of product from the ones I've mentioned above because it's not so good at hydrating my hair, but it delivers in terms of strengthening, detangling and adding shine. 

It's also super easy to use because it's a spray and it's so light that it never weighs my hair down, and I can spray it each day without being worried about build-up. I do need to use a hair oil on the ends of my hair when I use this because it's not hydrating enough, but I'm prepared to overlook that because it does such a good job on other fronts.


Best High-end Treatments: Aveda Color Conserve Daily Color Protect and Aveda Dry Remedy Daily Moisturising Oil

I'm including two products under this heading because they're both very similar in terms of what they do and they're also from the same brand.

The color conserve (above) is a leave-in treatment that does a beautiful job of detaingling and de-frizzing without weighing the hair down. I've reviewed it here. The best thing it does is tame the frizz around my hairline: it doesn't do this perfectly (no product does), but it performs light-years better than other products on this front.

Problem is, both this product and the one below cost $50 for the full size, so I won't be buying them any time soon because I'm not willing to spend that much on haircare.


This has a similar effect to the above Aveda product, but it's an oil. Full review here.

I've received three or four of these samples from sub boxes over the past couple of years and they last ages because you only need a little each time, plus they're great to carry around in your handbag because they're so small.

Do be aware of the smell of these products, however: they smell strongly of ginger and the scent lingers, so if you don't like fragranced products I would give these a miss.

In sum

It was pretty easy to pick my haircare favourites this year because there aren't many and I have firm preferences.

I'm not looking forward to my skincare favourites because I have so many! I'll check back in with those soon : )

Let me know what your favourite haircare products have been this year - I'd love to hear.



You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.