December 2015 empties #1

/
0 Comments

It's quite early in the month for an empties post but as usual I wanted to keep things moving because our bins are getting picked up tonight and I always try to make them as full as possible.

Plus these empties are, I confess, not all from the last few weeks: some are much older. Problem is, since most of them are large and flat, they don't photograph well with smaller bottles so I've been saving them to put into one post since they work better in shots when photographed together.

Anyhoo! Let's have a look.


Project Pan products

I've talked quite a bit about the Teeez nail polish and Starlooks lip pencil via Project Pan, so I won't say too much about them here - other than to note that I wouldn't buy either. I got so sick of the Teeez polish that I ended up using it to decorate Christmas cards, and the Starlooks pencil was so soft and creamy that it didn't last long and it also came off the lips all too easily. Purchase? No.

Estée Lauder Modern Muse Le Rouge EDT

This sample perfume came in one of my subscription boxes and I wasn't a huge fan of it unfortunately. It was quite powdery and heavy, and it wasn't something I usually wear. I much prefer lighter fragrances, particularly now that the weather is getting warmer. Purchase? No.


Essenzza Fuss Free Naturals Cleanse + Moisturise Facial Cleansing Wipes

These are my HG face wipes and I'm sad I've finished them because it was the last packet I had. I'll have to buy more! I've reviewed them here.

What's great about them is that they're super wet and have a smooth side and a rough one, so they're great for getting your face nice and clean and they have an exfoliating effect too. Ever since trying them, I haven't bought any other brand of facial wipes. Repurchase? Absolutely.

Sasatinnie Bamboo Refreshing Face Mask

If you read this blog, you'll know I'm not a fan of sheet masks - I find them annoying to use and I've only ever tried one that I quite liked. This one didn't really do anything positive but it left me stinging a bit so it's not one I would try again. There's always too much moisture in these for one face mask, and I use the excess to save myself a round of body moisturiser. Purchase? No.


Reed Orange & Poppy Seed Body Scrub

Full review here. This is a great body scrub that smells divine and I liked it so much that I used an LHI discount code to pick up a few more to include in Christmas presents.

It smells exactly like orange and poppyseed cake, and it does a great job of exfoliating the body - great for summer. Plus a little goes a long way so the packet lasted a while. Purchase? Yes, already have.

Mr Bean Coffee Scrub, Coconut

This product hit HG status almost from the first use. I've reviewed it here. It smells divine and I get a lift whenever I use it - it wakes me up a bit too so it's a great one for the morning.

The texture is also wonderful and I love using it for that reason alone. While it does exfoliate well, the grains are quite soft - so they're not too harsh and scratchy like some dry scrubs can be. Something in the product also seems to melt into my skin, and the scrub feels nourishing/hydrating as well as being a great exfoliant. Purchase? Yes, already have.


Nesti Dante Paradiso Tropicale Tahitian Lime & Mosambi Peel Triple Milled Soap

As you may know, I'm not usually a soap person but this one was given to me and I ended up using it because it smelled so nice. The scent is labelled as 'energising' and it was definitely that, plus the soap lathered and cleaned well. It was also a large soap so it lasted a good while. Purchase? No, but only because I'm not a soap person.

ProYou Aroma Vita Oil

I've reviewed this here. I received quite a few ProYou products when I was subscribed to Memebox and I loved all of them. Indeed, they were probably the only skincare products from Memebox that I really loved.

This one was beautiful and my skin really loved it. It absorbed and hydrated well, plus it was a thin oil so this bottle lasted forever, meaning it's an extra good value product. I'm sad it's gone but this also means I'm now in the market for a body oil since I don't have a replacement. Purchase? Yes, if ProYou was easier to come by in Australia.

Swisspers Organics Makeup Pads

My husband bought me these instead of the normal variety because they were on special, and I'd thought they wouldn't be as good as the normal ones but I was wrong. Swisspers makes the best makeup pads because they never disintegrate or leave you with fluff on your face - I just wish they were cheaper. Purchase? Yes, already have.

In sum

This isn't the most interesting bunch of empties I've ever had but it's always nice to have finished a few more products. The best items in this lot are the Essenzzas, the ProYou oil, and the two body scrubs from Reed and Mr Bean.

Looking forward to seeing what else I finish before the end of the year!


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.