February 2016 empties #2

/
0 Comments

It's been a big month of empties this month, so much so that I've even held on to a few products so my empties posts haven't been over-stuffed.

Some of these items are smaller sizes but most of this lot aren't, so happily I can say that I've knocked off a few products that I was beginning to think I would never finish. That always feels good, and it means I've been able to move some things into circulation that are brand new - woot woot! I do love having fun new stuff to play with.


Essenzza Fuss Free Naturals Micellar Cleansing Wipes


I've reviewed these here. As you may know, Essenzza makes my favourite wipes of all time and while I don't think these micellar versions are any better than the originals, they do the job just as well and I'm always sad to finish off a pack. I know some people don't love cleansing wipes, but I'm always happy to have some on hand. I don't use them every day (maybe once a week), but they're something I can't imagine being without and Essenzza does make a brilliant wipe. Purchase? Yes, but in the originals.

Lancome La Vie Est Belle EDT

This is one of my favourite fragrances of all time and I'm sad to have finished it because I'll miss it. Might have to ask for another one for my birthday or Christmas this year. It's a beautifully interesting fragrance that's sweet but not in a bad way, and it lasts ages on the skin. It smells exactly like Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb, only more intense and long-lasting. Love this one. Repurchase? Yes.


Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme


Full review here. This is a great hand cream if you have dry skin because it's so moisturising. Indeed it's so heavy that I only wear it overnight because it does hang around on the hands, but ever since having a baby I've needed a heavy-duty hand treatment and this has fit the bill. The tub lasted me for ages, and towards the end I started using it on my dry tootsies as well because I was keen to get some use from one of my other hand creams (I have so many at the moment). But I do love it and it's one I recommend if your hands are really parched. Repurchase? Yes.

DB Twist 'n Go Nail Polish Remover & Primer

This is a great product if you need to remove polish quickly. I've reviewed it here. You just dip your finger in, twist it against the dampened foam insert in the product, and you're good to go. The only issue with this product is that the remover itself does get dyed over time by whatever it removes, so I had to throw this out sooner than I'd thought because my fingers were looking orange after I dipped them in. Still, it's a great product. Purchase? Maybe.


Benefit Cha Cha Tint


I've reviewed this here. I'll be quick because this product was on my Project Pan list and I've talked about it enough there, but in short I don't understand the hype around these because I almost always wound up with streaks on my face when I tried to use it. I've seen others complain about this issue so I'm not the only one who doesn't rate these Benefit tints. Repurchase? No.

Veda Lemongrass and Eucalyptus Conditioner

You may remember that I've been through a bunch of body lotions from these guys (from the same range) and I absolutely love that product, so I was hoping to love the conditioner too. Unfortunately it's not hydrating enough for my hair and I need to pile heaps of it on. If your hair is normal you might be ok with this product, but it didn't work for my dry, frizzy hair. Purchase? No.



Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater

This is a cult product and I do like it, but I've found other face sprays I prefer so I'm not sure I'd buy it again. Full review here. The good news is that it's hydrating and not too expensive, plus the bottle lasted me ages so it's good value. I might come back to it but I'd rather try other mists first. Repurchase? Maybe.

OGX Oil of Morocco Renewing Shampoo

Full review here. I didn't mind this OGX shampoo but the macadamia version in the brown bottle works much better for my dry hair. This one did the job but I feel the other shampoo washes better and leaves my hair looking nicer after use. I prefer the brown conditioner over the matching blue one too, and I think this particular OGX range is better suited to normal hair that isn't as parched as mine. Purchase? No.


Coles Everyday Sunscreen Lotion

I picked this up for a measly $3 in the supermarket and I'm happy to report that it did the job and I've passed through the summer without getting burnt - a feat because I do spend a lot of time outdoors. I'm not loyal to any sunscreen brand (unless we're talking facial sunscreen) and I'll throw whatever's on special into my trolley, and I would definitely buy this one again because it did exactly what it's meant to do. Repurchase? Yes.

St Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub

Full review here. This is an oldy but a goody, though I must say that this hasn't helped with the blemishes I've been getting for the last few months. This may be because my tube was getting a little old so it didn't work as well, or it could also be that it doesn't work on all blemishes (mine are little ones of the black and white variety). You have to love that this is cheap and it does work for a lot of people, but it may have stopped working for me. Repurchase? Maybe.

In sum

I'm pleased that I've knocked off some of my full-size items - the scrub and hand cream in particular are products I've had open for too long. Probably my favourite things in this lot are the Essenzzas, the Lancome EDT and the Burt's Bees hand cream.

Have you finished any favourites this month? I'd love to hear : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.