Introducing SkinYoga

/
0 Comments

I received three of these gorgeously packaged sample skincare products from Lust Have It recently, and I loved the look of them so much that I've been saving them up for a rainy day. Since I'm on a beauty spending ban, it's certainly raining ; )

I was so interested in the packaging and descriptions of these products that I decided to look SkinYoga up because I wanted to know more about the brand.

Briefly, the company is a 100% natural skincare brand that's owned by three sisters, who apparently formed SkinYoga to create solutions for people who want to adopt to a natural lifestyle - believing this lifestyle will lead to peace and purity of mind, body and soul. The company directs its efforts towards launching products inspired from ancient times to be adopted in our modern day lifestyle.

Sounds good to me! More info on SkinYoga is available on its website.


I received 5g samples of the following products: 
  • Almond Orange Face Scrub 
  • Sandalwood Saffron Face Mask 
  • Oats & Roses Face Wash 

While 5g of product doesn't sound like a lot, these are dry, lightweight products that need to be mixed with water, so I suspect they'll last out the month and I'll be able to write full reviews of them all.

Here's a brief comment on the individual products in case you're interested:


SkinYoga Almond Orange Face Scrub

Apparently almonds and oranges work wonders to cleanse and repair your skin. This scrub hydrates and mildly exfoliates, giving you a smooth and flawless complexion. To use it, you mix half a teaspoon with some water and massage it into the skin. 

I've put aside my Argo Naturals Pure Thanaka Powder for the moment so I can test this and the other SkinYoga products instead, since they're not unlike each other and the brands have similar inspirations (eg they're both influenced by ancient cultures and focus on natural ingredients). I'll be interested to see how they compare.



SkinYoga Sandalwood Saffron Face Mask

According to the product's description, the goodness of sandalwood will reverse the signs of ageing and gradually remove wrinkles and dark spots. Saffron will improve skin texture and also naturally make skin lighter and more radiant. The product also contains walnuts, which have anti-oxidants that are essential to skin regeneration and elasticity, and also help boost circulation.

To use this, you mix one teaspoon of the product with water and apply it, massaging it across the face and then rinsing it once it dries. I've got a few face masks open at the moment so I'll see how this holds up against them.


SkinYoga Oats & Roses Face Wash

Apparently rose petals are considered to be a natural toner and an excellent sunblock. Oats contain natural cleansers that remove dirt and oil from the pores without causing irritation. This cleanser is a vitamin c enriched combination with real rose petals that will leave your skin feeling protected, clean and toned.

Again, to use this you take about a teaspoon and mix it with water, then massage it gently over the face. I have tried this one and I don't love it, but I'll use up the whole sample before coming to a verdict.

In sum

I'm always on the look-out for new brands so I was thrilled to see these products in recent subscription boxes. Let me know if you've tried any SkinYoga products, and what you think of them if so.

I'll check back in soon with reviews of each product - can't wait to try them!


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.