Project Pan 2016 update #5

/
0 Comments
I always find doing full Project Pan updates a bit of a hassle, since I have to locate all my products and this often necessitates a few trips up and down the stairs because I invariably forget some items when I'm bringing down the first couple of loads.

But here we are and I'm always happy to sit down in front of my computer when I've taken the photos and edited them, since writing is my first love and photography is just something that I've attempted to get better at, and it doesn't call to me in the same way.

Anyhoo. It's been a great month for Project Pan and I've managed to finish four products in total, including two that I've already touched on in mini updates throughout the month so I won't talk about those now, but here are the other two I've knocked off:


Yay! The Elizabeth Arden Triple Action Protector (reviewed here) is a newer inclusion and it only contained 15ml of product so it didn't last long, but I included it in Project Pan because its marked expiry date is July 2016 so I needed to use it. I enjoyed it but it's not the product for me due to the hefty pricetag and the fact that it's not something that does anything well enough to warrant a permanent spot in my collection.

The Evelyn Iona Natural & Organic Concealer in Flawless (reviewed here) has been on my list for ages so I'm pleased that it's finished and I can now focus on testing a few new concealers that I've been waiting to open. It's a beautiful product and I do have a back-up for it (I received both samples in sub boxes), but it doesn't give enough coverage for me at the moment because I'm too sleep-deprived and need something with more punch.

As for the rest of my list:


There are now fourteen products in total:

  • Bloom Eye Definer Pencil in Dark Brown
  • Dd'ell Stay Forever Gel Eye Pencil 04 in Espresso
  • Teeez Mysterious Crystal Eyeliner
  • Be a Bombshell Eye Base in Nudist
  • 'Tini Beauty Eyetini Cordial Eyeshadow + Base 
  • 'Tini Beauty Pearl Fizz Eyeshadow
  • Australis AC ON Tour kit
  • The Cosmetic Kitchen Pressed Mineral Blush in Raw Cacao
  • Lust Have It Sunset Strobe Natural Highlighter
  • Mememe Cosmetics Goddess Rocks 
  • Revlon Age Defying CC Cream in 030 Medium
  • GHD Straight & Tame Cream
  • Cheek Room Lip Palette
  • Tony Moly Kiss Lover Lip Plumper in 12 Hoot Mint
  • Evelyn Iona Concealer in Flawless
  • Elizabeth Arden Pro Triple Action Protector
  • Shanghai Suzy Lipstick in Miss Sarah Jane Neon Coral
  • Nella Fantasia Pore Control Astringent Gel

Let's have a quick look at each item in turn.


My Australis contour kit continues to get a little smaller by the day. The highlighting powders won't last out next month, and after that I may well decide that my work here is done and kick the palette off the list because I'd never intended to get through all of it - just half.

I do use the middle contour shade on my brows, however, and the other two powders work well with my hair-colour as dry shampoos, so we'll see.


Both the Revlon CC Cream and GHD hair treatment are decent products, it's just that I've had them so long that they need to get used.

Unfortunately you can't see how much is gone from either, but they're both getting regular use and the CC Cream should be gone within a few months because it's something I can apply quite heavily to make sure I'm getting the benefit of its sun protection, and it's not a heavy coverage product so I don't wind up with cake face when I use it.

The GHD product could well last out the year since it takes me so long to get through haircare products like this one, but I have been pretty good at applying it often, so we'll see.


Look at my eye products! They're all looking nicely used, so I'm pleased about that.

The 'Tini Beauty Eye Cordial is a great product but I'm so ready to be done with it because it's been on my list for ages, so fingers crossed I can finish it within two months.

The rubbish Be a Bombshell Eye Base makes a good highlight for the collarbones and I can see that being done reasonably soon too, and while the 'Tini Beauty Eyeshadow may well last out the year - even with daily use - I don't mind that because it's a great product that can be used as a highlighter on the face as well as the eyes, and I have a back-up for it so I'm happy to pan this one.


As for the pencils, they're all being used daily and the Bloom product in particular (which I'm using for my brows) is getting nicely small. Once it's too short to hold easily when I sharpen it, I'll consider it finished and I'm hoping that will happen in either June or July.

I use the Teeez and Dd'ell pencils on my upper and lower waterlines respectively, so it's slow going with those because I don't need much per application and they'll likely last until Christmas. I'm hoping to get through them faster than that because I don't have replacements for them and I'd like to buy and test something new, so fingers crossed they're done sooner than expected.


The Tonymoly gloss is a newer inclusion and I've been using it daily so it's already starting to look rather worn. There's around two-thirds left and I've managed to use up the other third in about a month, so it will be gone soon enough and I'll be able to start using something I prefer.

You can see that I've hit pan in two of the shades in my Cheek Room lip palette, and I'm really looking forward to finishing it off because I plan to clean it and fill the pans with the Sportsgirl lipsticks I own, which I love but aren't getting used enough. The product will last a while though (four months of frequent use?), so I'll have to commit myself to using it a little more often than I currently am.


Last up, the powders. The Mememe Goddess Rocks are dwindling slowly but surely as I continue to use them by crushing them and making a shimmery body lotion that's been great over the summer but is now more of a chore because I'm showing less skin since the temperature has dropped. Hoh well, at least I know that I'm looking all tanned and glowy beneath the trackies ; )

The Lust Have It highlighter and blush from The Cosmetic Kitchen are both showing nice dents, although I'm not sure how well you can see that from the photos. These will last an eternity but my aim is to hit pan on both at least, and then I might switch them out and focus on other products.


Above are the two products I've chosen to replace the two I've just finished.

I picked a concealer to replace the Evelyn Iona one, and a cleanser that isn't getting used.


Croquis Dual Concealer in 02

This was a Memebox inclusion and I do like the formula but the concealer shade is far too pale and cool for my skintone so I haven't been using it. I do use the highlighter shade and I love it, but I've had the product for ages now so it's high time I got through it. I've reviewed it here.

The highlighter shade will go first since I love it under the eyes (over my regular concealer, just to brighten the area a little) because it's so thin that it never looks cakey and it does a great job of making me look more awake. 

The other shade is harder but I've been using it to bring down the colour of my tinted moisturiser now that I'm paler, although I can only use a tiny amount or it will make the mix too thick and give me more coverage than I want.

I've no idea how long this will last: four or five months? We'll see.


Suki Moisture Rich Cleansing Lotion

Full review here. I love almost all the Suki products I own but this one is pretty useless so I never reach for it. Problem is, it doesn't clean well and it also leaves a film on my face that needs to be washed off with other products.

I've used three-quarters of the bottle so it shouldn't last too long in theory, but I've been forcing myself to use it since the beginning of the year (when it was already half-gone) and I just can't seem to get through it! That's where Project Pan comes in...

Cross your fingers for me that it won't last more than a month or two : )

In sum

That's it! Here's to hoping that I have another good PP month in June. There are now sixteen products on my list, and while I didn't want to have more than fifteen, I'm fully expecting to finish at least one product in June so I just won't replace it when I do.

Let me know if you're doing Project Pan this year and how you're finding it if so.


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.