Took a couple of days off, but I'm back : )

/
0 Comments

Morning all! This is just a short note to say that I'm sorry I haven't posted for the last couple of days: my husband and I went down the coast over the weekend and we had such trouble hooking up my temperamental computer to the hotspot on his iPhone, that in the end we just gave up.

Would you believe, it's the first holiday we've had with just us in something like two and a half years?! It's also the first time we've been away without our little girl, because I weaned her recently so we were able to do it. All that peace felt amazing!

Anyhoo. If I'd known that I wouldn't be able to get internet while we were away, I would have let you guys know before leaving, so I'm sorry about that but never fear: I've got a bundle of posts to write this week and I'm looking forward to those.


The holiday was a much-needed break in the end: all we did was eat out and lie in bed watching TV series and movies. It's happily that time of year when the good stuff is starting to flood in - Game of Thrones, Peaky Blinders and The Americans to name a few - so the TV draught is over and I'm sure many people are thrilled to have quality TV to watch again, after surviving the off-season and making do with lesser programs.

And I suppose it was a good thing that I wasn't able to spend my mornings pasted to my computer. I'm one of those people who needs to write because it's part of who I am and it's my hobby as well as my work, so I don't need breaks from it in the way others do if it's just a job for them and nothing more. But it doesn't hurt to take a little break now and then, and come back with a recharged brain.

But that's enough rambling for now: I've got a few posts I've been desperate to write, so I'll get stuck into those and hopefully have them up soon.

Hope all's well with you guys, and that you enjoyed your weekends : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.