August 2017 favourites

/
0 Comments
Normally it's easy to pick out my top five products each month but this month I had nine that were on my shortlist, so I've narrowed things down to bring you only the best.

Since it's winter in Australia and it's been bloody cold, unsurprisingly it's skincare that's dominating August's list: as always I've needed to nurse my dry skin through the cold weather, so it's skincare that's stood out more than anything else.

In no particular order...


Chulala Cleansing Lotion

This is one of those products that's filled a gap in my collection that I didn't even know existed. I've reviewed it here.

It's a cleanser that looks and feels like water and you apply it to a cotton pad and wipe it over your face to remove grime. It does remove makeup but I prefer to use it as a skin cleanser because it's too nice to use for gunk removal in my books.

I love that it has a brightening, toning effect - plus it smells nice and it's just generally nice to use. I tend to use it in the evenings, so I'll remove my makeup with something else and then go in with this, then I'll often apply a face mask before I shower. 

The 'cleanser before face mask and shower' spot was previously filled by another cleanser that required water, rinsing and a face cloth, and this product just makes things easier. I really like it.


Lancôme Advanced Génifique Sensitive Dual Concentrate

Full review here. You may remember that I reviewed one of Lancôme's Advanced Génifique serums not long ago (see review here) and I absolutely loved it, so I was thrilled to be sent this sensitive version to try because I was expecting good things.

I do really enjoy this one too and I recommend it, although you only get 20ml of product so the other one is better value in the long run.

What's been great about this is that it's helped nurse my dry skin through winter, and it's also helped target any adverse effects (dryness, general tightness and sensitivity) that I was experiencing after introducing some new active ingredients to my routine. Plus it makes my skin look brighter, fresher and younger - to the point that others have noticed the difference.

It's not a cheap product but it does what it says it will do and my skin loves it.


NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel

Given how well-loved these glosses are in the beauty community and also given that I'm a gloss junkie and always have been, it's no surprise that it was love at first use for me with this formula. I've reviewed it here.

What I love about these is that they have enough coverage to be worn alone, but you can also sheer them out to just add a bit of shine over your favourite lipstick. They also smell nice and apply well, plus they're hydrating enough for my dry lips so I can rely on them for moisture - unusual for me! They also plump up the lips so they're a good for anyone concerned about texture.

Better yet, they cost ten bucks at full price and half that if you wait for sales, as I did. Unbeatable.


La Roche-Posay Lipikar Cleansing Oil

Full review here. This is one of those products that I wasn't expecting to love because it doesn't look like much, but my dry body skin has absolutely loved it and I've already managed to grab another one (it came as a GWP, huzzah!).

It smells nice in a gentle way and it lathers beautifully - much better than other shower oils I've tried - plus a little goes a long way so my tube has lasted for ages. It leaves my skin feeling soft, clean and hydrated, and it's been a great product to keep my body happy throughout winter. Recommended.


Institut Karite Paris Verbena & Shea Hand Cream

I used the last application of this product yesterday and to do that I had to cut open the tube - and since I almost never cut open metal tubes (I'm always afraid I'll cut myself on the edges), that's telling you something. I've reviewed it here.

It's hard to describe why I enjoyed this hand cream so much - I mean, a hand cream is a hand cream - but the whole experience of using it has been a pleasure. I love the look of the packaging; I love the lemony scent of this green version; and I love that it's hydrating enough to be used overnight but it also doesn't leave a tacky finish so you could use it during the day if you wanted to. I'll miss it.

In sum

That's my August favourites! It's been a good month for products and I've found plenty of things to love in my collection, which makes the winter feel easier.

Funnily enough, I just realised that three of these products came from Maslow & Co (the cleanser, body oil and hand cream) - which just proves that it's the right subscription box for me.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.