Project Pan 2017: July update

/
0 Comments

So you may have heard me mention yesterday that I'm disastrously sick at the moment, which makes neither writing nor looking after kids very easy. ARGH.

Anyhoo. Slowly, slowly, I'm going to attempt to get this full update post up today - it's just that I might have to do it in stages (between lying down on the couch when I can, alternatively shivering or sweating as I'm battling this fever).

Moving on. First up, I completely forgot to photograph one of my products in the opening shots (that being my Stila Sun Bronzer in Dark) so do forgive me: this virus is making me forgetful and woolly! 

But thankfully I remembered it later on so we'll kick off with that one and I'll show you the progress shots for just that product.


So, here's how my list looks after July:
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer 
  • Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser in Groenland 
  • Gorgeous Cosmetics Base Perfect Foundation in 1Y-BP 
  • Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector 
  • BareMinerals 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow SPF 15 in Sweet Spice 
  • BareMinerals Prime Time Eyelid Primer 
  • Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil 
  • Nude by Nature Natural Mineral Cover in Medium 
  • Stila Sun Bronzer in Dark 
  • Japonesque Liquid Lights in 02 
  • Bodyography Electric Lip Slide in 1605 Berry'd Alive 
  • Gilded Cage Lipstick in True Orange 
  • O&M No Knott Conditioning Detangler 
  • St Tropez Self Tan Foam in Dark 
  • Wyte Luxe Whitening Applicator 
  • Milk Bebe Lip Treatment (lost, again!) 
  • 'Tini Beauty Eye Cordial Shadow + Base in Spiced Rum 
  • Moroccanoil Treatment 
  • Stila's Aqua Glow Watercolour Blush in Shimmering Lotus 
  • Maybelline Lipstick in Totally Toffee 
  • Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in Medium

I finished five products and lost one: incidentally the same one I lost last year! Maybe it'll show up again before year's end.

June's full update is here, if you're interested (this will show progress on eg the pots).


So, above is how my Stila Sun Bronzer in Dark looked last month, and below is how it's looking now, after a month's worth of use:


You'll note that a chunk of pan flaked out, which I was able to save and I've already used that up (it fell out on 31 July), and it's also worth noting that this bronzer may start moving faster than I'd anticipated. 

Reason being, it's a little less pigmented than it once was - a good thing in my case because I had to go in with my brush very carefully before but no longer do - and it's also a little softer and more likely to flake than it was in my last update. 

If I'm lucky, I'll be done with this by early December. We'll see.


Next, my Nude by Nature Natural Mineral Cover in Medium, which is a product I've discovered that I really don't like (review coming soon). 

Reason being, it doesn't have good coverage unless you build it A LOT, and by then it gives you cake face. It's also bad at oil control, which doesn't bother my dry skin but it will bother others.

There's how it's looking after introducing it earlier in the month:


As you can see, I've made some progress but not heaps. I use it to set my face, but I do need to go in with a setting powder over the top because it doesn't take away that tacky finish from my tinted moisturiser.

I'm aiming to finish this within three months. Fingers crossed!


Next up, my Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector. It's slow going with a product like this where a little goes a long way, but I'm at the point where I reckon maybe only 25% or so of the product remains. 

Can I finish it by year's end? Not sure. I'll do my best.


Next up, a few miscellaneous items, two of which I'm unfortunately unable to mark.

The first of these is my Gorgeous Cosmetics foundation, which I've been using to darken the Nars tinted moisturiser and also swing the peach undertone yellow - plus I mix a squirt in with my moisturiser to give me a bronze glow that peeks through my makeup. I expect this to last until the end of the year.


The Wyte tooth whitener is another product that can't be marked. There's only 3g in there and I use it three or four times a week. I guess it will last another couple of months? We'll see.

The Nars tinted moisturiser is showing a bit more progress this month. That's probably because there were a quite few days where I went in with a second layer, for no other reason than to boost my sun protection when I went to pick up my daughter from childcare. Sure, I don't normally like wearing that much coverage - but occasionally I'll do it when I'm trying a different look.


You'll see the marker sheet for both the Gilded Cage lipstick and the Chella highligher pencil below. 

Both are showing good progress this month and I expect to be through each of them by month's end. The lipstick I use for hydrating my dry lips when I wake up (before I wash my face) and over lip balm in the evening, since it's started to get too drying to use on its own.

I haven't been able to start marking the BareMinerals cream eyeshadow/primer yet because it's hard to see how much I've used, but I will when progress starts to become clearer. I can use this not only on the eyes but it also makes a good facial contour because it pulls neutral/cool on me, so I can't see it being too difficult to get through this product. 


There's my marker sheet above. Can't wait to finish these two products so I can toss this old sheet and start a new one!


Next up, miscellaneous tubes. I've made visible progress on all of them but I'm not panning them super quickly because they're not the kinds of products that you can charge through.

The Japonesque highlighter I've been adding in with the Gorgeous Cosmetics foundation mentioned above to get a bronze glow happening beneath my makeup, but I can't use too much of it each time or it turns my face peach. Not what I'm after ; )

The Smashbox primer isn't my favourite but I've been getting through it faster lately because I've worked out that I can add a little to my tinted moisturiser, as well as using it as a dedicated face primer. Does that do anything? Probably not. But I want to see the end of it so why not?!


The BareMinerals eye primer I've stopped using on the eyes because it's too drying on me, but I've worked out that I can use it on the insides of my nose (beneath my tinted moisturiser) to stop sunglasses-transfer happening, and I can also use it in the same way around my nose and chin, where I've been experiencing some oil breakthrough, and it does help this issue a bit.

The Bodyography lip product: I'm surprised about the amount of progress shown here. All I can think is that perhaps I marked it a little too high to start with. No complaints though! If I can pan this by year's end, I'll be happy.


And finally (phew) my St Tropez tanning mousse and O&M haircare product. See markers below.

The tanning mousse has presented challenges for reasons I won't bore you with because I've gone on about them too much already, but suffice to say that July was a pretty good month and I've managed to use a good chunk of it. If I can keep that up, I'll have this done by the end of the year.


As for the detangling spray, this will probably last another two months but no more. I love this product and I'm in no rush to get through it, but I have had it for a while so it's time to finish it off.

And finally, my replacements. I wasn't going to include any because I already have fifteen products on my list, but I've decided to do it anyway - and then I just won't replace other finished items throughout the month so I can keep my number at fifteen.


So, I've decided to bring back my BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Gel Cream in Ginger because I'm sick of using the Nars one every day, and I'd like to give myself at least one more option.

The other product is one of Mecca Cosmetica's Lip De Luscious balms (reviewed here), which I'm introducing so I can get through it but also because I can use the applicator from my Bodyography product to pick it up (which is why it has purple marks in it - see below ; )).


There's the progress on my lip balm above.

And there's the progress on my tinted moisturiser below.


In sum

That's all from me! I hope you enjoyed this post, and that you're doing well in your own panning projects.

Speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.