Project Pan 2017 mini update #26

/
0 Comments

I'm so behind with my posting after my husband was away for most of the last two weeks, that now he's back, I've got my eye on writing three posts today while it's Sunday and he's home, and another three tomorrow while both kids are in childcare for the morning.

Mind you, we do have swimming shortly and that's usually exhausting so I'll see how we go. 

Moving on. Today I'm back with another mini Project Pan update, and it's an exciting one: I've finished two products that have been on my list for a while. 


As you can see, I've finished both my Chella Highlighter Pencil in Ivory Lace and also my Gorgeous Cosmetics Base Perfect Foundation in 1Y-BP.

I did really enjoy these products and I'll miss them, but I'm also happy to see them go because I've had them for long enough now so it was time to get through them.

There they are again:


The foundation I really enjoy but this shade was too yellow for me so I mostly used it as a mixer for my Nars tinted moisturiser (also on my PP list), which is too peach - meaning the two mixed together made a perfect match.

Now that I've finished the foundation I'll have to mix the Nars base with something else, although I can get away with it on its own if I want to - especially now that we're at the end of winter in Australia and I'm at my palest.

The Chella highlighter pencil was one of those items that proved a bit annoying to use because it added an extra step to my makeup routine; however I did really love it layered over my concealer in the darkest spots around my eyes and I may well end up buying another product for this purpose in future. Perhaps when I have more time. If I ever do ; ).


I couldn't mark the foundation because it's in one of those opaque bottles that you can't open, but you'll see my marker sheet for the Chella product above.

The best thing about finishing the Chella product is that I'll finally FINALLY be able to toss that gross bit of paper out and make a fresh marker sheet for my next wave of products.

As for my replacements:


I've picked three because I already know that I'll be finishing off another couple of products before month's end, so I may as well introduce more stuff now and then I won't replace anything until my list is back down at fifteen products total.

In no particular order...


This is my Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation in the shade Fair. 

When this first came out, I bought the shade Beige because I'd heard the colours ran dark so I knew Medium would be too deep for me, but turns out that Beige was a hair too dark also (I'd say it's still a closer match for me than Light would be, though). So after discovering that Beige made a fantastic mixer foundation, I went ahead and bought Fair to use as my light mixer.

You may have heard me say before that my skintone exists in a non space between light-medium and medium, which means that I almost always have to mix my base products. While I don't love this foundation on its own (mental note to finally review it soon), it's currently the best mixer product I've found to date so I love it for that purpose and I've been delaying getting through my two bottles for this reason.

However, they've been open for over a year now - so it's time. You'll see my product marker above. Note there are two lines: this is because I was going to introduce this product a couple of months ago but decided not to, so the second line is where I'm at now. 

Just over half the product is left, and I can see this being gone within a few months. 


Next up, my Maybelline Colour Sensational Creamy Matte Lipcolour in Lust for Blush (reviewed here). 

I love this product and you can see that I'm already halfway through it. While I do currently have a NXY gloss and Bodyography lippie on my list, this shade works well when mixed with either of those (indeed they all work well together), so I can slot it in very easily and still make reasonable progress on all three.

I'm pretty sure this will be done by the end of September: lip products are the easiest to pan for me.


And finally, my This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray.

As you may know, I've been suffering from severe chronic insomnia for over twelve years now - and this product does not work. Perhaps it works for those who don't have a serious problem, but it certainly doesn't work for me.

I'm throwing it into Project Pan because, once I established that it did not work, I stopped using it. I would like to spray it each night onto my pillow anyway, just so I've got one less item cluttering my bedside table.

In sum

That's all from me! My next step is to finally finish editing those Maslow & Co photos and hopefully post my (very late) unboxing today...

Speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.