Peter Thomas Roth Mask-a-holic Kit - round up with mini reviews

/
0 Comments

I've just reviewed the last mask in this set and realised that I unboxed this in April last year (see here), so it's definitely time to comment on the kit as a whole.

I've now finished four out of the five masks: so best I sneak this round-up post in now while I still remember what each mask did!

Let's have a look.


The kit contains five of Peter Thomas Roth's masks in decent 50ml sizes, these being:

  • Cucumber Gel Mask
  • Rose Stem Cell Mask
  • Pumpkin Enzyme Mask
  • Irish Moor Mud Mask
  • 24K Gold Mask

Each mask has a shelf-life of two years after opening, which makes a skincare junkie like me happy because I never worried that I wouldn't be able to get through them all - even though they're not the only masks I've used since I first opened the set.


What I'll do now is give you mini reviews of each mask and also include links to my full reviews so you can have a look at those if you're interested in any particular product.

Worth noting now is that my favourite two masks in the set are the Pumpkin Enzyme Mask and the Cucumber Gel Mask. I did really enjoy the 24k Gold Mask too, but it's not the best hydrating mask I've used (I prefer the Chantecaille Jasmine Lily Healing Mask, reviewed here) so I wouldn't necessarily buy it again.

In no particular order...


Peter Thomas Roth 24K Gold Mask

This is described as an anti-ageing treatment that aims to minimise the ageing effects of stress and help re-energise dull skin. It's infused with pure 24K gold, which locks in moisture and keeps the skin firm. The mask is designed to deliver intense hydration - revealing plump, firmer looking skin. 

I've reviewed this mask here. It's a thick, rich gel in consistency and it really hydrated and softened my dry, dehydrated skin. I used it on days when my skin was crying out for moisture (often when I'd exfoliated the evening before) and this mask helped bring back the balance to my skin.

I also found that it plumped and brightened my skin, so I looked less lined after I used this and my makeup always went on more smoothly after use.

I do still prefer the Chantecaille mask mentioned above and also the Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask (reviewed here), but this is definitely a nice product and I recommend it.


Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Mask

This aims to purify, refine and decongest. It should draw out dirt, oil and impurities and leave you with smaller-looking pores and glowing skin. 

This one didn't work for me unfortunately. Full review here. I've seen so many people rave about it, but for some reason it just didn't 'gel' with my skin.

It wasn't your standard 'mud' in texture because it felt like a sticky gel and it didn't dry down completely, but rather became a little harder and stickier over time.

I used it twice or three times a week, and it did nothing it should have (so it didn't purify, refine or decongest as claimed). It perhaps left my skin looking a little brighter after use, but that was about it. 

Also, because it's so sticky, it was a bit of a pain to remove and it also left little grey/black splatters all over the bathroom so it was messy.

Not awful, but not for me.


Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask 

This is apparently a highly effective exfoliating treatment that addresses dull, ageing and congested complexions. It should peel away dull surface skin cells to reveal a fresh and youthful radiance, and it contains crystals used in microdermabrasion treatments to polish the skin.

As mentioned above, this mask is my favourite in the set. I've reviewed it here. It smells like spiced pumpkin yum and it offers three levels of exfoliation: manual, chemical and enzymatic.

It stings a little when you apply it (in a good, 'this is working' kind of way) and you massage it across your face with wet fingertips before leaving it to do its magic. It's definitely a heavy-duty product so it won't be for everyone, but I have dry/mildly sensitive skin and this has worked beautifully for me.

After use I'm left with wonderfully smooth skin that looks brighter, fresher and just happier overall. Plus my skin feels smoother and looks less lined for a few days after use, so it has a more lasting effect than most masks I've tried.

This is HG material for me. Love.


Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask 

This is described as an ultra-gel, non-stinging, anti-irritant masque for all skin types - even the most sensitive skin. It's recommended for daily use as a hydrating and calming masque.

I really liked this one too: it was my second-favourite in the set. Full review here.

It's green in colour and quite thick to the touch. What frequently surprised me about this product was just how well it hydrated my dry skin. Indeed, you'd be forgiven for thinking it wasn't a gel at all but instead a rich, heavy cream. 

It plumped up my skin beautifully and made it look and feel super refreshed and comfortable. My face always looked less lined and brighter after using this, and the effect lasted a good while so it was a great product to use in the morning under makeup. 

I may well buy this again because I enjoyed it so much.


Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Gel Mask 

This described as a cooling facial mask that rejuvenates mature, sensitive and lacklustre complexions. It aims to repair the skin, promote surface regeneration and restore suppleness while rebuilding the moisture barrier for healthier hydration levels. It also heals irritation and soothes and tones the skin.

Given how much I loved the cucumber mask, I'm still scratching my head a bit over why I disliked this one since they largely look and feel the same (minus the colour difference of course). Full review here.

This really did nothing for me, and for a product that I used almost every day for at least a couple of months, you'd expect to see some impact. 

It felt beautifully cooling and soothing on the skin, but that's probably the only good thing I noticed about it in terms of impact. Mind you, it also stung when applied over those extra dry patches around my mouth and nose - no idea why, but it wasn't a comfortable sensation.

After use, I noticed no real difference in how my skin looked or felt. I gave this one a disappointing products tag and I wouldn't use it again.

In sum

I hope you enjoyed this little round up post and found something in here that interests you.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with the set: I think finding two products that you would buy again (one being an HG item) and one that you really liked isn't bad.

Do let me know what your favourite PTR mask is: I'd love to hear.

Speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.