More Spring Resolutions 2019

/
0 Comments

I wrote a resolutions post last week (see here) and that got me motivated to get some stuff done over the weekend, so I thought I would keep that ball rolling and write another one.

My aim is to get all my plans down on paper so I can refer to them when needed, and to hopefully inspire a reader or two to get stuck into their own resolutions before the silly season takes hold and time is scarce.

Let's have a look.


Get through some samples

I can't be the only one who has somehow wound up with ridiculous amounts of samples. Everything from body care minis to eye primer sachets - you name it, I've got a sample. Or three.

While these items are small so they're not causing huge amounts of clutter, I still find that my work desk has too many samples on it (I leave them out to encourage myself to use them, but then forget to do so), plus I have a box of sachets and minis that's overflowing so I need to make a start on getting through them.

If I put my mind to it, I reckon I can finish everything by Christmas. Wish me luck!


Find the damn puzzle pieces

In my last resolutions post I mentioned that I was going to go through my kids' toys and clothes. I've started doing that and one of those jobs was sorting through the mess of puzzle pieces lying around so I could put the right pieces together and keep them in separate bags.

What I found was that we have five old puzzles I'd like to donate back to an op shop because my kids have outgrown them - however only one of them is complete and the other four are missing one or two pieces each. So annoying. I need to find them.

I've got a bee in my bonnet about this one - so mark my words, I'll find those damn puzzle pieces if it kills me. Blurgh.


Clear the kitchen drawers and shelves

I have a sneaking suspicion that at least one stray puzzle piece will be hiding somewhere in the kitchen drawers or shelves. Reason being, a couple of those are dedicated to kids' stuff (colouring books, craft activities etc) and I wouldn't be surprised if a piece or two has been thrown in there at some stage, and is now buried beneath god knows what.

So I'm going to clear out the drawers and shelves and get them into better order. Mainly in the name of finding stray puzzle pieces but also because it needs to be done. I don't think this will be a massive job because I did it last year so things shouldn't be too out of control, but we'll see.


Sort out the compost

Although I've been throwing things into our compost bin for a while, I haven't had the energy to research the process so I have no idea what I'm doing with it, and it was only recently that someone told me you need to make sure the stuff gets plenty of oxygen - otherwise it won't work.

Oops. So I need to sort out the compost bin before things get too gross in there, and I also need to learn more about what stuff you can put in there and what you can't, what ratio of different things to include, and when it's ready to be used.

This will initially be a big job that involves some research and effort, but once the habit is in place, it won't be hard.


Go through my closet

I've already talked about going through the kids' things and donating whatever we don't need, but I need to do that for myself too. I do the same thing each year: sort through what I own and donate anything I'm not using so it's not taking up space.

While I never remove much because I don't have a lot of clothing (no really: my husband owns more clothes than I do), I still like to remove the few items I don't need so someone else can use them.

The other thing I need to do is get rid of anything that's too old to be worn. I tend to hang on to clothes until they're falling apart, and I know for a fact that a couple of things at least have holes and can be sent to my parents, who use old clothing as rags for cleaning.


Go through the linen cupboard

I've really been putting this one off because it's a mess in there, but I need to do it and I need to do it sooner rather than later.

Our linen cupboard is ridiculous. Not only does it contain sheets and pillow cases etc, but it also contains towels, face-washers and bathmats. And over the last couple of years, things have been stuffed in all sorts of places so the sheets aren't necessarily with the sheets, nor the towels with the towels. The damn door won't close properly either, so there's that.

Plus I need to work out if any items can also be sent to my parents for use as rags for cleaning, and I know for a fact that some of the pillow cases have holes and can be removed. It's a huge job, but it needs to be done.


In sum

That's all from me. I guess this is something of a boring post, but I still hope that others can relate to the things I've included. I also hope that writing things down will encourage me to actually do them before the year is done.

Do let me know in the comments if you have any spring resolutions: I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


* All images courtesy of unsplash.com


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.