Project Pan 2015: mini update #2

/
0 Comments
I just had a look and my last Project Pan update was almost a month ago. I've mostly been doing one update a month but I've decided that two would be better, so I'm turning over a new PP leaf and I'll aim to do one mini update a month and a bigger one.

To see my last full update, click here.

This is my current list:
  • Too Faced BB in Linen Glow
  • Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Top Coat
  • ModelCo Colourbox Eyeshadow in Tahiti
  • Emite Make Up Precision Eye Pencil in Spir
  • The Cosmetic Kitchen Macadamia Wax Creme Highlighter
  • 'Tini Beauty Eyetini Cordial Eyeshadow + Base
  • Benefit Boi-ing concealer
  • OCC Lip Tar in Cha Cha
  • theBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer
  • Emite Make Up BB Highlighting Pen in Coco
  • theBalm Time Balm Primer 
  • MAC Strobe Cream
  • theBalm Shelter Tinted Moisturiser in Medium and Light/Medium (on hold)


I've finished off my MAC Strobe Cream, which lasted a hell of a lot longer than I thought it would. To replace it, as promised I've moved theBalm's Time Balm Primer back into circulation, although I'll be alternating it with other primers because I've wound up with quite a few (both trial and full sized) and I would like to give them all a go.

I've also decided to move three Benefit travel-sized products into circulation:


As you can see I've picked Benefit's High Beam (reviewed here), the Cha Cha Tint (reviewed here) and the POREfessional (reviewed here). I've chosen them because they've been in my travel kit for over six months and, after having a baby, we're not doing a huge amount of travelling so I don't want to leave them there to gather dust.

If you read this blog, you'll know that I haven't had a great deal of luck with Benefit products and most of them I haven't liked. Of these three, High Beam is by far the best and the only one I really enjoy using. My favourite use for it is as an inner corner and upper lashline highlight for my eyes, but it's also good for mixing with my primer or BB cream to get some glow happening. I can see myself getting through the rest of this tube within a couple of months.

The Cha Cha Tint was a disappointment because I opened and trialled it in summer and it really didn't show up well on my skin, no matter how much I used. Happily it shows up better now that my skin is paler, and while it's not really a winter colour, I would rather use it now while I can see it. I reckon it'll last a few months: I won't want to wear it on its own each day (I'll get bored), but I may use it underneath other cheek products and also in place of a lip liner so I should get through it eventually.

Ach, the POREfessional. If there's one Benefit product I reckon is over-hyped as much as Benefit's They're Real Mascara, this is it. My skin doesn't like it and it'll be hard work getting through it. But I'm committed and I'll be wearing it over makeup throughout the day, since I can't wear it under my makeup as intended (it pills, causes my base to slip off and is too drying/mattifying for me). Even though there's only 4ml or 5ml of product left, I'm giving myself two months to finish it since I won't want to use it every day.

In sum

That's it! I'll check back in soon with a full Project Pan update and pictures of where my other products are at. I'm predicting that the next two products I'll finish will be the Too Faced BB and the Benefit Boi-ing concealer.




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.