Project Pan 2015: Update #8

/
0 Comments
After finally scraping out the last of my Benefit Boi-ing Concealer yesterday, I decided it was well and truly time for a Project Pan update and a bit of an overhaul: it's time to shake up my list a bit and start bringing some new things into circulation.

Let's kick off with my last PP list:
  • Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Top Coat 
  • ModelCo Colourbox Eyeshadow in Tahiti 
  • Emite Make Up Precision Eye Pencil in Spir 
  • The Cosmetic Kitchen Macadamia Wax Creme Highlighter 
  • 'Tini Beauty Eyetini Cordial Eyeshadow + Base 
  • OCC Lip Tar in Cha Cha 
  • Bloom Eye Definer Pencil in Dark Brown
  • Dd'ell Stay Forever Gel Eye Pencil 04 in Espresso
  • Emite Make Up BB Highlighting Pen in Coco 
  • theBalm Time Balm Primer 
  • theBalm Shelter Tinted Moisturiser in Medium and Light/Medium
  • Benefit High Beam 
  • Benefit Cha Cha Tint 
  • Benefit the POREfessional 
  • theBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer (switched out)
  • Too Faced BB in Linen Glow 
  • Benefit Boi-ing concealer 

The products I've finished:


My golly I never thought I would see the back of that Benefit concealer. Thank god it's gone! It's an ok product but it does crease if you have fine lines around the eyes like I do, so you have to keep smoothing it throughout the day. Annoying. I've got one more 'lesser' concealer to get through (see below) and then I only have two concealers left, and they're both great so I'm in no rush to get through them.

That Too Faced BB cream lasted about as long as I thought it would, and I'm glad it's gone so I can move on to my next base product. One of my aims for this year has been to get through half the bases I have - I have far too many - so next year I'm left with a more manageable amount and don't feel the need to finish anything before it starts to get too old. I'm getting there!


The Emite cream pencil is getting smaller, much more slowly than I thought it would. The rubbish Bloom eye pencil is faring quite well as a brow pencil and I'll get through it eventually. I'm giving these at least another two months but I think they'll last more like three or four.

That Cha Cha tint is one of those products that will outlast us all - I apply it once daily and there's barely a dent in it. Why the tubes are so large is beyond me.


It doesn't look like I've been using that ModelCo eyeshadow but I certainly have been! Dark shadows last an amazing amount of time and I suspect this one will go rancid before I get even a quarter of the way through it.

The 'Tini Beauty Eye Cordial is still going strong but I can definitely tell that it's vanishing, day by day. I picked up a second one of these in Violet Box's 'build a box', and I'm looking forward to finishing this one so I can open the new one - they do make good bases and I'll be more than ready for a change by then.

The Emite highlighting pen isn't something I have a lot of use for, so it's getting used as a spot concealer on and off. I'm not sure how long it will last, but if it's still going by Christmas I may well just turf it and move on to something better.

Now for the products I'm adding!


Australis AC On Tour Contouring & Highlighting Kit

This has to be one of the most over-hyped products of the recent past, and I fell for it. Foo! Full review here.

The highlighting shades are ok - it's the contouring powders that are complete rubbish. Muddy, difficult to blend and sit in pores. Ach. I'm going to use this until the end of the year and then turf it (or leave it in the travel drawer to gather dust), but at least I can get some use from it before then and get my money's worth.

If I hit pan on anything, it will be the yellow and shimmer powders. The pink I won't use and the middle brown I occasionally use as an eyeshadow, but I have better products to reach for so I don't use it often.


Royal Nature The Original Soothing Blemish Balm

Full review here. This is a really lovely BB cream, it's just far too pale for me. It was a Memebox inclusion and it's the only Memebox BB or CC cream that I've used for anything other than mixing with my sunscreen to make the latter last longer.

I've been using it to mix with any darker base that needs to be lightened a little, but it's been open a while now (around ten months from memory) so it's time to start moving through it faster than that. It'll be a good mixer for the ModelCo product, which is too dark.

ModelCo BB+ Cream in Medium

I received this via a FB beauty swap group, and I swapped it for something else because I'm a BB cream junkie and can't help myself. It's too dark for me and I'm surprised it's a 'medium' shade.

Still, it contains a good amount of sunscreen so it won't go to waste, and I'll mix it with the Royal Nature product so I can get through both of them.

I'm still using my bases from theBalm, but I'll alternate them with these so I don't get bored. I hope to be through all four base products by the end of the year. I might just make it.


Croquis Dual Concealer and Croquis Alight Pact

The Croquis Alight Pact is easily the best makeup item I received from Memebox and I absolutely love it. It's not a Project Pan item because I'm trying to get through it, but because I'm using it every day at the moment anyway, so I might as well include it on the list. Full review here.

The only time I'm not using it is on weekends, when I use my incomparable Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette. This Croquis product is still a great substitute for giving your face a nice glow but no one has topped Hourglass yet in that department (not in my books, anyway) so I keep that palette for when we go out.

The concealer is fine (I've recently reviewed it here), it's just another product that creases so I would like to finish it off and leave myself with only two crease-free concealers to choose from. I hope to finish it by the end of the year. Earlier, if I'm lucky.

There's the Croquis Alight Pact below, so you can see where it's at. I've already made a dent in it, but there's plenty to go:


In sum

I mentioned in my last PP mini update that I haven't been doing enough updates of late, so I'll try to do at least one full update and one mini one each month.

I've no idea what I'll get through next - most of the products on my list are in for the long haul - but I suspect that one of the Benefit minis (not pictured) will be next.

I'll check back in soon with another update : )




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.