Sachet city: samples used in July 2015

/
0 Comments

I'm always happy to get through a few samples and sachets, and since I recently finished off the Suki trial kit I was using and hadn't started a round of skincare from a different brand, I thought it was a good time to get through a few of the sachets I had in store.

A couple of the below products I've featured here before, but most are new and there's some good stuff in there.


Colbert MD Intensify Facial Discs

Designed to assist skin's natural repair process, these gentle micro-dermabrasion pads remove dead cells and provide fresh luminosity to skin.

I did quite like this little disc: it's like a makeup pad with a rough side that exfoliates the surface of your face and leaves it looking fresher and brighter. It's a different kind of product that I haven't seen a thousand times before. What I don't like about these pads is the $85 price tag! Reckon I'll stick to admiring them from afar ; )

Eve Lom Flawless Radiance Primer

If you read this blog you'll know that this is my third sample of this primer (and the last - boo hoo!). It's such a gorgeously hydrating primer that my skin looks so much happier each time I use it.

Interestingly, I wasn't as blown away by this product as I was the first couple of times I used it: I think because my skin is in pretty good condition at the moment due to some hydrating products I've been using in winter. So while this product is still on my wishlist, it might stay there indefinitely because I'm pretty sure I couldn't ever justify the $79 price tag for a primer. We'll see.


Asap CC Correcting Cream

I thought I'd reviewed this, but looks like I haven't (I'd reviewed the Asap Sheer Tint Moisturiser but not this CC Cream). I remember not liking the moisturiser much and turns out I don't think much of this one either. It's quite sunscreen-y in look, smell and feel, and it doesn't offer much coverage at all. It's a decent sized sample so I'll likely write a full review of it at some point.


Wei Jujube Age Control Serum

I've been wanting to try some Wei skincare because I'd heard good things about it, and I tried a sheet mask from the brand that was the only sheet mask I've ever liked.

This lightweight gel serum apparently uses humectants along with a complex of Jujube and eight other herbs to restore moisture and bring a radiant glow to the skin. I think it did do those things and it absorbed really well, but I didn't love it - something about the texture turned me off (it was almost like jelly) and I didn't love the smell either.

Wei White Lotus Eye Cream

The main thing I noticed about this eye cream is that it's really thick, and I mean really thick: the texture surprised me each time I used it. That aside, I think it's a decent cream that hydrates the eye area nicely. I'm definitely in the market for an eye cream at the moment but I don't think this is the one - I think I can do better and find something that really absorbs and brightens the area.

Wei Tibetan Safflower Age Defying Face Cream

This is a skin-refining, anti-ageing moisturiser that hydrates and evens texture while imparting a radiant glow.

I did really like this, and I noticed even when trying it in-store that it had a brightening effect on the skin. It's hydrating as well and my skin drinks it up all too quickly. Despite all that, it's not the best cream I've tried of late so it's not going on the wishlist.


Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask

This is a potent bio active peel mask designed to refresh and renew the complexion, reduce fine lines and dramatically improve skintone and radiance.

What can I say? I absolutely loved this and I'm going to buy it. It's rich and beautifully hydrating, and I reckon it does do something towards temporarily reducing the look of fine lines and adding some radiance. I haven't come across a decent face mask for ages, and while the $58 price tag is a little scary, it certainly isn't the worst I've seen and I think good skincare is worth that. This has gone straight to my Christmas list!

Ren Radiance Perfecting Serum

This is a multi-active serum that aims to leave your skin looking energised, radiant and luminous, with a more visibly perfect skintone.

I do really like this serum and how my skin looks after I've used it, but there's a question mark over it because it doesn't absorb as well and fast as it might. I may grab another sample at some point to confirm whether or not it's something I want to add to the wishlist. I've liked most Ren products I've tried so far, so I might start collecting a few things over the next six months and then switch my skincare to Ren once I've been able to buy a round of the brand's products.


Cosmetics 27 Eyes 27 Bio-Restructuring Cell Repair Eye Cream

Designed as a corrective anti-ageing treatment for the eye contour, Eyes 27 works to reduce the appearance of fine lines, slackness and dull skin.

I'm absolutely loving this eye cream, but it costs $118. Argh! It's exactly what I've been looking for in an eye cream - rich, hydrating and soothing - but I don't know if I can justify the purchase at that price. Hmph. Maybe I can find it more cheaply online.

Ren ClearCalm 3 Replenishing Gel Cream

This is apparently a force to be reckoned with when combating break-outs and blemishes. The sample probably isn't enough to have had any effect in that respect, although there was a decent amount of it and my blemishes have cleared up over the past week or so of using it. I can't say for sure however whether this product was responsible for that.

As with the Ren serum above, this has a question mark over it because it doesn't always absorb quickly and well, and takes a bit of work to rub in. Again, I may have to trial another sample before adding this product to the wishlist.

In sum

Some exciting products in there! The stand-outs are the eye cream and the Ren mask. I can't wait to try more Ren products to see if I want to switch to the brand's skincare after I get through my dwindling stores. Now hopefully Ren has a decent eye cream that doesn't cost $118...




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.