January 2016 favourites

/
0 Comments

The end of the month is favourites time, and I always look forward to picking out the products I've been loving during the month.

This month I could have chosen quite a few products, but I've narrowed it down to five - just to keep things short and sweet.

In no particular order:


Ladykin Close Up Decuple Shimmering Primer

I've reviewed this here. I wasn't expecting to see this in a favourites post because although I quite like it, it's not a product I really love. It's a dupe for MAC's Strobe Cream, and while the MAC product is better, this one isn't bad and it does offer a good (slighly glittery) base for makeup.

The reason I've included it here is because I ran out of night cream this month, so I switched my day cream to night and needed a replacement. This was it, and it's been working really well as a day cream because it's quite hydrating and pairs well with any primer or base I've applied over the top.

It's one of those products I'd forgotten I owned, but I was super glad to re-discover it because it's saved me a purchase.


Garnier BodySummer Sun-kissed Look Nourishing Lotion

This product showed up in my 2015 favourites because not only is it a great self-tanner, it's also a fantastic body lotion. I've reviewed it here.

What I love about it is that it's super nourishing and hydrating, and a little goes a long way because it spreads well and absorbs beautifully. This means it's lasted longer than many other body creams I've used because my dry skin seems to swallow them up. Plus it smells good. What's not to love?!


Real Techniques Blush Brush

Full review here. I can't believe I haven't included this in a favourites post before - what an oversight! It's easily my most-used brush these days and I couldn't live without it.

The design of the head is what makes this brush so special: you can apply product more directly (by using the tip) or in a more diffused way, depending on how you angle it. I use this not only for blush, but also for bronzer and setting or finishing powders. You could also use it for powder foundation. Seriously, it's awesome.


Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation SPF 30

I absolutely love this product, I just wish that it didn't cost $80 AUD. I might consider buying it if I didn't need to use so much per application to get an effect, but I'm not going to fork out that amount of money on something I'll finish within a couple of months. I've reviewed it here.

It's a gorgeous foundation that offers a beautifully natural coverage and feels amazing on the skin. It's not for those who prefer heavier bases that give good coverage, but if you prefer a lighter base then you might really like this. I love it but it's not one I would buy - it's far too expensive.


Kevyn Aucoin The Pure Powder Glow in Dolline (Apricot)

Full review here. This is one of my HG blushes and I absolutely love everything about it: the colour, the texture, how it applies and how it looks on the skin.

There's something magical about this product because it manages to offer a glow while still being matte. I've no idea how the brand managed that but I love the formula so much that I'd be buying more from the range if any of the other colours called to me (they don't - a good thing for my wallet!). 

This one's a warm peach that's not so pigmented that it's hard to work with, but it's pigmented enough that you don't need to use heaps of it to get the colour to show up. I can't ever imagine being without this blush and I would certainly buy it again, if I ever finish it.

In sum

I love monthly favourites posts - both reading and writing them. It's always fun to see what people pick for their favourites, and I've often found new products to love when I read others' posts.

Let me know what you've been loving this month : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.