Sachet city: samples used in January 2016

/
0 Comments

It's definitely been a month of using up sachets for me - partly because I'd managed to accrue so many and partly because I've put myself on a spending ban, so sachets are one of my few sources of fun new products to try.

Some of these you'll have seen before but some are new, and I'm happy to say that I've finally had the chance to test Make Up Forever's fabled Face & Body Foundation, so let's kick off with that one:


Make Up Forever Face & Body Foundation in 24 and 32

This foundation was on my 2016 wishlist, and I'm glad I've tested it because I can now remove it and focus my attentions elsewhere. Both colours were reasonable matches for my medium skin, and while I didn't hate the product, I was expecting to love it but it didn't quite hit the mark.

It offers a beautifully natural but buildable coverage, so that wasn't my issue with it: my issue was with the finish. I have dry skin and this wasn't dewy enough for me (it wasn't matte, but it didn't have enough luminosity), and there was something powdery/grainy about the texture and feel on the skin that I didn't love. 

I'm pleased I've tested it though because it's had so many rave reviews that I was almost ready to buy it without trying it first. Glad I didn't!


Aspar Ultra Hydrating Face Moisturiser and Sweet Orange & Shea Hand Cream

My mum gave me these and I have a feeling she received them on a plane flight. Both products were ok but they weren't stand-outs for me because they didn't offer enough hydration for my dry skin.

There's not much else to say about them! If you have normal skin they might suit you more, but I need something much heavier.


Dermalogica Total Eye Care SPF 15 and Soothing Eye Make-up Remover

I've tried both these products before and I remember liking the eye cream much better last time around than I did this time. Previously I thought it was hydrating and nourishing enough for my eye area, but this time it didn't have enough punch. Maybe the heat has been drying out my skin more than I thought.

The makeup remover is quite an odd product and I don't love it. It's in gel form, and you apply it to a wet cotton pad and then rub it over your face. I didn't love the consistency but it did dissolve most of my makeup - it just didn't remove mascara. Few things do.


Josie Maran Cosmetics 100% Pure Argan Oil Light

I've also used this before and I do like it. It's a light, hydrating oil that my skin drinks up quickly, and while the jury was still out on this product last time I used it, this time I've put it in the 'no' basket because I need a heavier oil than this one (are you sensing a theme here?!). I'd like to try the standard oil from the range and see whether it works better for my skin.

Bobbi Brown CC Cream SPF 30+

I really hated this product last time I used it because it dried so quickly and left patches all over my face, so I had to wash it off and reapply it. This time it didn't dry quite as fast, but I still needed to move quickly so it didn't set before I'd applied it evenly.

I also discovered this time around that it sits in pores a bit and the lasting power is really bad (you could barely see it after four hours' wear), so it's definitely not for me.

Goldfaden MD Needle-less Line Smoothing Concentrate

This is meant to reduce the appearance of fine lines and creases, and while I'm not sure it did that (it's pretty hard to tell much from a sample this size), I did really like the product. It's a clear serum that's very thin in texture, which is generally how I prefer my serums. It sunk in beautifully and left my skin looking brighter and fresher. I've just seen the $170 AUD pricetag (!), so it's not one I would buy but I'd be more than happy to try it again.

In sum

This wasn't a great bunch of sachets but at least I can now say that I've tested the Make Up Forever foundation, and I know to put the Goldfaden product on the wishlist if I ever become a millionaire. 

Have you tried any samples recently and fallen in love with them? I'd love to hear : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.