Sachet city: samples used in January 2016

/
0 Comments

I've had this post almost ready to go for the last week, but was held up because one of the samples is a foot soak - and that's something that isn't easy to do when you've got a little one. You need to be able to respond to them at a moment's notice. Not great for nailpolish application and the like! You don't want to be foot-soaking and then running across the floorboards with wet feet because the little one is charging towards the power-points again. Which would totally happen.

Anyhoo. I got there in the end ; )


Sasatinnie Green Caviar Hydrating Face Mask, Jelly Fish Lifting Face Mask, and Snail Rejuvenating Mask

I'm reviewing these as one product because I honestly didn't notice a shred of difference between them. As you may know, I'm not the biggest fan of sheet masks and I've only ever used one that I really liked (that was a Wei product).

These weren't much different to most sheet masks I've tried - and there have been a fair few of those now, thanks to sub boxes! - other than that there wasn't quite as much moisture in these packets as I've found with comparable products.

Yes they made my face look a bit fresher after use (so would splashing my face with water) but they weren't hydrating at all - if anything, my skin felt a bit dry and sticky after use. Not for me.


ProPlenish Marine Collagen

You mix these powders with drink or food and they're meant to combat the signs of ageing by naturally replenishing your body's collagen levels from within.

I did like the idea of these but unfortunately you can't tell much from two samples. What I can say is that I preferred the citrus one because it flavoured my water a little, and they didn't dissolve so I needed a spoon to swirl them through the water before I drank it. Also, the cardboard pack says to have one or two of these a day, while the sachets themselves say you can have up to three. I hate that kind of confusion.

I've no idea whether these work, but I wanted to include them here because I've not seen anything like them before so they're worth talking about - and I also wondered whether anyone's tried these and likes/dislikes them? Let me know.


SkinYoga Marigold Foot Soak

Ah, the product that held up this review! I've just used it and it smells so amazing. I can't quite place the scent (it's annoying me!) but it reminds me of a cake or slice I ate as a little girl. I wish Mum were here so she could smell it and tell me what I'm thinking of. I'm pretty sure she made it.

Anyhoo. It's a nice idea and my tootsies do feel hydrated after using it, but you end up with little bits of coconut and marigold flower stuck to your feet so be warned! I'm still removing bits of coconut from between my toes as we speak. I like the product but it's not one I would buy - I'd rather hydrate my feet with balms because it's quicker and less messy.

Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturiser

I got really excited when I received this sample because I've tried an oil-free moisturiser from Kate Somerville before and LOVED it, but unhappily this wasn't the same one (I've looked it up: it was the Kate Somerville HydraClear Hydrating Acne Gel. Gosh I loved that one).

This product was ok but it wasn't nearly hydrating enough for my dry skin. It's had some rave reviews on the Mecca website, but I suspect it's more geared towards those with oily skin. For me, it just didn't do enough.



Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel

I quite like Dermalogica as a brand but it can be a bit hit and miss in my experience, and while this cleansing gel wasn't a miss, it wasn't a hit either.

It's a standard cleansing gel that foams nicely and does a reasonable job of removing makeup and grime, but you can find one of those for a song in the supermarket or chemist so I wouldn't pay extra for a cleanser like this unless it was really good. This one was fine, but it wasn't a stand-out for me so it's not one I would purchase.

Dermalogica Sheer Tint Medium SPF 20

I used this a couple of times (the sample wasn't huge), and while it's an ok product that looked natural on the skin, it's so sheer that I needed to use heaps of it to get the job done. 

As you may know I prefer lighter bases, but this one crosses into almost non-existent territory - and I need to apply so much to get the desired effect that I would burn through the full-sized product in record time, meaning it wouldn't be good value for me. An ok product but this one's a pass.

Nars Aqua Gel Luminous Oil-free Moisturiser

I haven't used much Nars skincare in my time, so I was happy to give this product a go because I was interested to see what it was like. It was ok, but I thought the Kate Somerville Oil-free Moisturiser (above) was the better product - even though I didn't love that one either.

It's indeed lightweight and oil-free, but it didn't moisturise my dry skin enough. It's had some rave reviews, so it may just be that it's not suitable for my skin.

In sum

Huzzah to finishing off some more sachets! They were starting to build up so I'm pleased I've knocked some off and can move on to the next round.

Nothing in this bunch was a stand-out - a good thing, considering how broke we are these days!

Let me know if you've sampled anything great this month.


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.