May 2017 favourites

/
0 Comments
Another month is rolling to a close so it's time to start wrapping things up. 

It's been a difficult month here because myself and the kids were sick for over two weeks of it, and it was one of those illnesses that just didn't want to shift. On top of that, I've had a bundle of work with a tight deadline - something I haven't had to deal with for a while because I've been on maternity leave - so I'll be glad to say goodbye to May and hopefully face June with a fresh outlook.

Moving on.

Favourites! In no particular order...


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette

Full review here. This is one of those products that's been a favourite since I bought it, but during May I was using it via my Project Dent series so I was reminded of just how much I love it.

It's hard to describe exactly what these blushes do, but they lift the cheeks, blur imperfections and make me look younger in the process. They're hands-down the best blushes I own and nothing else I've ever tried comes close.

What was useful about including these in Project Dent is that I learned they work well on the eyes too, so the palette is much more versatile than I first thought. While unfortunately the palette was limited edition so it's no longer available, each individual blush is sold separately so all is not lost.

Love.


Rituals, The Ritual of Sakura Body Scrub

This is a gorgeous product. While it mightn't be the most amazing body scrub I've tried, it's certainly the nicest one I've used in terms of scent and how it looks. I've reviewed it here.

It's hard to describe what sakura smells like if you haven't smelled it, but it somehow manages to be sweet without being too much and there's something complex about it that really appeals. The scrub feels nice on the skin as you rub it in - exfoliating but nourishing at the same time - and after use my skin feels refreshed and also hydrated from the oils. 

While you can find scrubs that are just as effective for a fraction of the price, it's nice to use something this lovely every now and then. I've been rationing mine and I'm not looking forward to the day that I finally finish it!


Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask

Full review here. I absolutely love this mask, which is saying a lot because I'm super picky with face masks: if it doesn't work brilliantly, then I don't want to waste time on it. This one's never a waste of time.

What frequently surprises me about this product is just how hydrating it is: it plumps up my skin beautifully and makes it look and feel like it's had a massive drink. My face always looks less lined and brighter after using this, so it's a great product to use in the morning under makeup. 

This one's on my Project Pan list because I do need to reduce the number of masks in my collection, but I won't be rushing through it: it's too nice for that.


Urban Decay Perversion Mascara

This is a fantastic mascara and I absolutely love it. Indeed, it's overtaken Too Faced's Better Than Sex Mascara as my favourite non-budget mascara - mainly because the brush is thinner so I make less errors with this one, but also because it looks less dramatic and therefore more natural if you don't build it. I've reviewed it here.

It's everything I want in a mascara: it delivers good length and thickness (probably a bit more length than thickness, which is my preference); it's not too clumpy so I rarely need an eyelash comb; and it stays put throughout the day so I don't wind up with flakes and smudges everywhere by lunchtime.

Did I mention that the wand isn't too fat?! I did, but I'll mention it again. Thank golly.


Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector

Full review here. This was previously on my Project Pan list but I removed it for a while so I could test another product. Now that I've done this, I've come back to this one and reminded myself of how much I love it.

If the reviews are anything to go by, this is a polarising product - some people love it while others think it's plain awful - so I feel lucky to be able to say that it works beautifully for me and really makes a difference to my eye bags. Whenever I'm going to a special event, this is always on my 'must use' list because it helps me look my best.

Looking forward to reintroducing it to Project Pan soon.

In sum

That's all from me! I hope you enjoyed this little favourites post and that you've found plenty of things to love throughout May too.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.