Project Pan 2017: May update

/
0 Comments

Hello all and welcome to another Project Pan update!

I somehow managed to sneak these photos in yesterday, which surprised me because both kids were home and I do have a lot of work on at the moment - but I needed a break from the computer screen so I stole my chance.

Anyhoo! Here's what's left on my list at the end of May:

  • Too Faced HangoveRx Face Replenishing Primer
  • Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser
  • L'Oreal Anti-dullness CC Cream
  • BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Gel in 06 Ginger
  • Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in Medium
  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Topaz
  • Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil
  • 'Tini Beauty Eye Cordial Shadow + Base in Spiced Rum
  • Inika Certified Organic Eyeliner Pencil in Black Caviar
  • Stila's Aqua Glow Watercolour Blush in Shimmering Lotus
  • Ofra Lip Liner in Wine
  • Sportsgirl Pout About It! Lip Colour in Onyx
  • Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 03 Nude Shimmer
  • Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask
  • Chantecaille Lip Chic in Anais
  • Bodyography Oxyplex Foundations in Wheat and Cocoa Tan
  • John Frieda Frizz Ease Primer
  • Mauli Grow Strong Hair Oil
  • Frank Body Lip Scrub

As you can see above, I finished five products off this month (or six, if you count the two powder foundations separately), leaving me with fourteen things on my list. Since I don't like having more than fifteen in total at any one time, I won't go too crazy with replacements - but I will include a couple of 'short-term' things to make up for the longer-term products saturating my list.

Let's have a quick look.


First up, complexion products. My BareMinerals tinted moisturiser is showing some reasonable progress (see marker below), even though I only introduced it in May. That's because you need a good dollop each time to get a light-medium coverage - which I don't mind because it helps boost my sun protection - and it's my HG tinted moisturiser so I don't want to rush through it anyway.

As for the L'Oreal CC cream, I introduced this at the same time as the BareMinerals product. The coverage on this isn't great unless you pack it on, but I can't do that with this because it self-adjusts a shade too dark for me - so what I've been doing is whacking this down first and then putting the other one over it, so I've got the right shade and I'm not using too much of the BareMinerals.

I expect these both to be done by the end of July, and the L'Oreal one will likely be finished first.


You'll see that I've made some good progress on Becca Topaz this month: that's because I've been mixing it with the two primers below and then using the mix all over my face, neck and dec. I do this so that the bronze glow this product gives me is uniform, and that way I don't get a floating foundation face because this product does change the colour of my skin a little and it peeks through the two above products.

As for the Maybelline concealer, I'll likely start getting through it a little bit faster than I have been previously because I've started using more of it ever since I introduced the two lighter bases above - so I use this to manage any redness around my nose and on my chin, while before I was only using it underneath the eyes because the coverage of my previous base was higher.

I expect these both to be gone sometime in August.


Ok, primers. The Too Faced primer that everyone loves isn't as hydrating on me as it seems to be on others, so it's not my favourite but I don't mind using it because it does feel lovely and replenishing when applied - plus it gives a nice tacky finish that helps makeup adhere. Must review this one soon, but suffice to say that I can't rely on it for hydration so I need good skincare for that, but I have made some good progress (see below) and it should be gone by the end of July.

As for the Maybelline primer: I don't like this at all but when I mix it with the Too Faced product and also the Becca one, I barely notice it's there. As mentioned above, I then apply the mix to my face and neck/upper chest so I'm all the one colour, plus I like the feel of the Too Faced product (even though I don't like the lack of hydration) so I'm happy to apply it to a wider area. I hope to have this finished by the end of July, but it's slow-going so we'll see.


As for the Clarins gloss, I'm so over using this but I'm not far from the point where I'll need to cut the tube open, and after that I suspect I'll just use the dregs to hydrate my feet because I've had enough of this already and I'm keen to move on to other lip products.

You'll see my marker sheet for the Sportsgirl lipstick towards the end of this post. I've been tearing through it, which isn't surprising because it's a creamy product and even though it lasts well, I like my lips to feel doused in moisture so I keep re-applying it. Mind you, it is one of those products that dries your lips out with frequent use (despite how creamy it feels), so I need a good balm to wear underneath it to keep my lips feeling ok. I won't be surprised if I finish this in June.


Next up, my pots. The Peter Thomas Roth mask is hanging on because I like the product so I'm not over-using it, but it doesn't have a permanent place in my collection so I would prefer to finish it and move on to other masks (I have too many and need to get through some).

My skin has been extra dry now that it's getting colder, though, so I may use it more frequently from now on and I could well get through it next month. You'll see the markers below.


It's a bit hard to see the markers on my Stila blush but hopefully the above shot shows the three black lines clearly enough. I've definitely made progress on this and I'm still mainly using it as a lip stain (when I'm not wearing the Sportsgirl lipstick), although occasionally I'll whack it on my cheeks when I don't feel like going upstairs and picking a blush for the day.

I'll get through this in August if I'm lucky. It's a beautiful colour and I like the formula, but I just don't wear non-powder blush enough to warrant keeping the product.


Last up, my long/skinny products! That Inika eyeliner is still going strong and I'm getting really sick of it now. I've started using it as a marker for my products (see marker sheet below) and I'm applying it to my eyes twice a day. I'm determined to finish it by the end of June so I can start using the brown eyeliner I have in back-up, and I might just get there because this product is starting to get old now so it's softer and I'm getting through it faster.

The Chella product is slow-going too but I don't mind that because I'm enjoying it. I use it over my concealer along the darkest parts of my eye-bags, and also to manage any darkness at the inner corners of my eye (especially the insides of my nose), where I get really dark. It's also a good product to manage any redness around my nose and chin that starts peeking through after lunch. Despite daily use, I won't be surprised if this hangs around until Christmas.


The OFRA lipliner isn't a good product for me: it's too drying. Still, I'm trying to get myself into the habit of wearing lip liner - something I've tried to do before but have always failed - and I don't mind throwing it on every day, so long as I've got a good hydrating balm to put underneath it. Slow and steady wins the race.

The 'Tini Beauty liquid eyeshadow is starting to thicken up a bit, which tells me that it may soon be time to throw it out. As you may know, I've panned one of these before and they go off before I can finish them - even with daily use - so eventually it may just become a product marker, which is what I did with the nail polish that was previously on my list (and you'll see that I've tested it out already as a product marker: it does dry and stay put so it'll work well for that purpose). Let's see if I can get another month's use from it before sending it on its way.


There's my (messy!) marker sheet above so you can see my progress on each item. I really need to prepare a new one of these, but I'll hang onto this one a little longer.

As for my replacement products, this is what I've decided on:


Sea2Skin Active Hydration Mask: Full review here. I really like this product but I have too many masks so I'd like to knock another one out. Considering I've already used quite a bit of this product (see marker below), it's a good place to start.

TonyMoly Petite Bunny Gloss Bar: This came from Maslow & Co's Global Edit last year (unboxing here). There's not a lot of product in it so I should get through it quickly - needed because most of my current products are in for the long haul.

Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector: This has been on my list before and I wanted to bring it back in because I love it, so I'm happy to use it every day - but I've had it for a while now so it's time to get through it. 

Tocca Cleopatra EDP: I really like this fragrance but the longevity is awful so I want to finish it and find another travel-sized perfume for my handbag.

The Becca product will likely last out the rest of the year, but I'm hoping to see the other four out in June.

There they are again below so you can see how much is left (the TonyMoly product is noted on my marker sheet above):


In sum

That's all from me! I hope your panning challenges are going well and that you're getting through plenty of products.

Speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.