Project Pan 2017: April update

/
0 Comments

Hello all and welcome to my April Project Pan update!

It's been a pretty good month and I'm glad to say that I've finished off seven more items. All of these were finished throughout April, so while this update post is quite late, it's still representative of what I finished last month.

On that, you may have heard me mention that I've had a sore back recently, which is why I'm so behind with this post. I did take these photos at the beginning of May, but I had to stagger them over a few days so I didn't put too much stress on my back and also because, you know, with young kinds there's rarely time.

Anyway. We're here now. Here's what my list looks like:

  • Too Faced HangoveRx Face Replenishing Primer
  • Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser
  • Bodyography Oxyplex Foundations in Wheat and Cocoa Tan
  • Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in Medium
  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Topaz
  • 'Tini Beauty Eye Cordial Shadow + Base in Spiced Rum
  • Inika Certified Organic Eyeliner Pencil in Black Caviar
  • Stila's Aqua Glow Watercolour Blush in Shimmering Lotus
  • John Frieda Frizz Ease Primer
  • Mauli Grow Strong Hair Oil
  • Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask
  • Chantecaille Lip Chic in Anais
  • Gorgeous Cosmetics Base Perfect Liquid Foundation in 2N-BP
  • Mecca Hydrating Primer
  • Maybelline FitMe Concealer in 10 Light
  • Davroe Smooth Senses Straightening Balm
  • Nicole by OPI Nailpolish in Play Fair
  • Hikari Lip Crayon in Macchiato
  • Bodyography Lipstick in Seductress 

So, that leaves twelve products because I've finished off seven throughout April. Not a bad month!

If you would like to see my last full update, it's here.

Let's have a quick look at each of my remaining products.


My Bodyography powder foundations are finally FINALLY starting to show some progress (you'll see that in the photo below). These have been on my list since last year, so it's nice to be able to watch the markers start moving faster, now that I'm reaching the lower (thinner) ends of the tubs.

I use these daily to set my makeup and they're lasting an eternity, but we're getting somewhere now.


My Maybelline and Too Faced primers are also showing progress (you'll see the purple nail polish markers on both above), and I did mark them on the last day of April so they're actually showing a little more progress today - more than a week into May - but I wanted to make sure that you saw April's progress only.

I'm using these perhaps five days a week (so I let myself use something else on weekends), and the good news is that I can layer them - putting the Too Faced one down first and the Maybelline one down second - so I can use them most days and they shouldn't hang around for too long.


Next up, miscellaneous items. First is my John Frieda hair primer, which I've been using as a foot moisturiser since it doesn't work on my hair at all. You'll see in the below photo that I've almost finished it, so I'm expecting it to be gone before month's-end.

As for Becca Topaz, it was always going to be slow-going with this and indeed April's progress was slower than usual because I started using the Gorgeous Cosmetics foundation that was previously on my list in its place (ie, mixed in with my moisturiser to add a bronze glow). But I've now finished the GC foundation so Topaz will start moving a little more quickly again this month.


I haven't used the Mauli hair oil at all since introducing it (well, maybe once - but not enough to show any progress) so I'll have to get better at using it from now on. You're meant to apply it overnight and then wash your hair in the morning, but since I have my showers in the evening when my husband gets home, I'm having to use it as a pre-wash treatment. It'll last a while but I'll get there in the end.

My Maybelline concealer is a newer inclusion but I'm using it most days so I don't think it will take long to get through and it's already showing good progress. I do love this concealer but I'm keen to finish it off so I can try another formula. I already know that this is my HG budget concealer and my Bare Minerals serum concealers are my favourite higher-end ones, but I would like to try something new so I'll do that once I've finished this off.


Now for lips and eyes. The 'Tini Beauty Eye Cordial has finally gotten to the point where I can see through the tube, so I've been able to mark it for you now and we can start tracking progress better than we did before. I'm using this perhaps five days a week and I expect it to start going off before I actually finish it, but we'll see.

My Inika eyeliner is still going strong but it's started to soften a bit so I suspect it will move faster from now on and it shouldn't last too much longer. I'll be glad to see the back of it because I prefer brown liner: I'm only using this because I don't have many liners so I might as well.


My Chantecaille lipstick is lasting longer than my lip products normally do because I'm in no rush to get through it: it's too expensive! Plus it's not super old yet so I wanted to introduce it to my list while it was well within expiry, and then get through it slowly as the months pass.

There's my marker sheet below. You'll see that both the Inika liner and Chantecaille lipstick have moved a little faster throughout April, so hopefully we'll see some good progress after May, too.


Now for my Peter Thomas Roth mask and Stila watercolour blush.

I'm loving the mask because it's really helping with my dry winter skin (it's super hydrating) and while I don't use non-powder blushes that often, I do love this Stila product as a lip 'stain' and the colour is just gorgeous, so I've been enjoying using it daily and pairing it with a balm or a gloss to keep my dry lips feeling comfortable.


You'll see my markers below.

These products aren't moving fast, but they are moving.


Last up, my replacements. It took me a while to settle on the below three products and I did in fact have six lined up to introduce for May, but I've decided to hold back the other three until I've finished more from my list. 

As you may know, I don't like having more than fifteen items in rotation at once because after that I tend to forget what I'm using - plus the whole taking photos thing becomes too much at the end of the month.

So, these are my three new ones:


Frank Body Lip Scrub

Full review here. I hate this product with a passion and I won't be using it on my lips. Instead I'll be using it on my feet, and I tried that last night (hated it) but I'll take one for the team and keep using it that way, just to get through it. It's too awful to pass on so I won't declutter it.

Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil

I've received two of these via sub boxes over the years and it's one of those products that I'll use if I have, but wouldn't go out and buy. I've reviewed it here, but please do excuse that review because it's super old so the photos are rather embarrassing! I'll be using this over my concealer to brighten the under-eye area and also 'calm down' any redness around my nose and on my chin.

Ofra Lip Liner in Wine

Full review here. I'm not a lip-liner user and probably never will be, but I occasionally wind up with them via sub boxes etc so they usually end up on my PP list because I have no other way to get through them (unless I declutter them, which I often do). I'll use this daily and hope to finish it within a few months. It's old now so it's gotten softer, meaning it will be easier to finish.


Above you can see where I'm at with the lip scrub, and I've now made new lines on my marker sheet for the pencils so we can track progress as we go.

In sum

That's all from me for today. Again, my apologies for the late update: it just hasn't been an easy few weeks here, nursing a sore back and dealing with teething kids. Still, life goes on.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.