Priceline Cosmetic Gift Bag & Haul, May 2017 - unboxing

/
0 Comments

Hello all and welcome to this little unboxing and haul post! As you may know, I stopped picking up Priceline's goodies bags years ago because all they inevitably meant was that I would wind up with a bunch of stuff I couldn't hope to get through, but in this case I was prepared to make an exception.

Reasons being: first, I needed to buy a few things so I would have spent the $60 anyway (that's what you had to spend to qualify for the bag); and second, I knew I would use at least half the contents of the bag myself and the other half could easily find a good home.

Also, almost everything I bought was discounted so it wasn't as though I was paying full price for items I might have bought on sale if I'd waited. That maketh a valid bag acquisition in my books!

So, let's have a look at what I bought and also at the contents of the bag itself.


Models Prefer Nail Clipper Duo (RRP $4.99 AUD; paid $2.63)

I've been wanting to buy my own nail clippers for ages now. I used to use scissors but after having kids, it's so much faster to just clip them if I happen to have an extra few moments in the bathroom. 

Long story short, I'd been sick of using my husband's (which are old and rusty) so I was happy to grab this for a steal and I now have my own : )

Models Prefer Round Smudge Crease Brush (RRP $11.99 AUD; paid $9.59)

I own one Models Prefer double-ended brush (it came in an eyeshadow palette) and while I don't love the palette and have since decluttered it, the brush is great and I use it all the time - so I knew that eventually I'd be shopping in the Models Prefer brush section to pick up a couple of staples.

For ages I've wanted to buy a brush that was the right shape for inner corner highlighting and highlighting the centre of the lashline, and while I do have brushes I've been using for that, one's too wide and one's too narrow so when I saw this, I knew I had to have it. It's the perfect shape for those purposes on my hooded eyes. Yay!

Models Prefer Dual Purpose Powder & Bronzer Brush (RRP $24.99 AUD; paid $19.99)

I bought this one because it's similar in shape to my favourite brush of all time: the Real Techniques Blush Brush. I don't know what it is about that tulip shape, but I use that brush for absolutely everything - powder, bronzer, blush, sometimes even contouring - so I've been meaning to buy a second one or a dupe for ages.

This was my chance! Can't wait to start using this - it'll mean I won't have to wash the other one as often. Fingers crossed it works just as well.


Manicare Moisturising Nail Polish Remover Pads, Coconut (RRP $5.29 AUD; paid $4.23)

I love these things and I finished the ones I had ages ago so I've been using some Woolworths ones that aren't quite as good. Since my Woolworths ones are almost finished, I knew I would be buying these before I went into Priceline.

I picked the coconut versions because I've tried the other ones and I also love coconut, so why not try something new.

Models Prefer Finale Makeup Setting Mist (RRP $14.99 AUD)

Looks like this was the only item I bought that wasn't on sale, but I didn't mind that because I've been meaning to buy another setting spray for a while: I only have one at the moment and I don't like it, plus it's half-finished so it was almost time to replace it.

As you may remember, I'm obsessed with a Banana Boat after-sun spray that I use to set makeup, but I've been repurchasing that for ages now so I wanted to try something new. That's why I went for two different setting sprays: if only one is good, I'm still happy with that.

Australis Makeup Finishing Spray (RRP $15.95 AUD; paid $9.57)

This was the other setting spray I bought. It was on sale, so why not? Both this setting spray and the Models Prefer one have had some mixed reviews but they were my best two available options so that's why I went with these.

Do let me know if you've tried either this one or the Models Prefer one and what you think of them if so.


Now for the goodies bag!

You had a choice between a black or a green bag, and I went for this green one because I knew I'd be giving it straight to my toddler: she's become obsessed with bags and this one has already been well-received and is currently full of trucks and trains.

There it is again:


And there's what you get inside it below.

I'll go through each item quickly now but won't rabbit on too much: I'll save all the details for when I review everything. 


As you can see above, you get a good mix of things in the bag. It's valued at over $150 and I'll probably use and keep at least half of it, so that's a plus.

I was also lucky enough to be allowed a quick peek inside this bag (thanks Priceline staff!) before I added it to my cart: I didn't want all my lip products to be bright red or hot pink, and thankfully they aren't.


So, some tools.

You receive a shower puff from Ecotools, nail files from Manicare and Revlon, and a brush from Look Good Feel Better.

My shower puff had fallen apart so I've already started using this one; the nail files I added to Mum's Mother's Day present because she uses them and I don't; and the brush I used for the first time yesterday and quite liked. Yay! 


For lips, you receive a Revlon Balm Stain, a NYX Lipstick and a Models Prefer Lip Lacquer.

I've always wanted to try one of these Revlon crayons so now I can without having to pay for it (or at least without paying for the product itself ; )), and indeed this product was one of the ones that swung me in favour of grabbing this particular bag because I've heard they're very good.

I haven't heard anything about these particular NYX lip products but I do wear bright orange occasionally so I'm happy with this colour, and I'm guessing that I won't like the Models Prefer product (it looks like it will be drying), but I won't judge it until I try it and I love me a good nude so fingers crossed this is decent.  


Next up, a Maybelline Baby Balm & Blush, a Models Prefer Lip Balm and an Australis High Life Illuminating Strobe Powder.

I've heard that these Maybelline products aren't very pigmented, which doesn't bother me: so long as it makes for a good, hydrating lip balm, I'll definitely use it. 

I go through lip balms like nobody's business these days - not only because I have dry lips but also because I'm breastfeeding so I'm always drinking water and therefore needing to reapply it - meaning another lip balm or two will never go astray.

Same goes for the Models Prefer Lip Balm: if it hydrates, I'll use it.

As for the Australis highlighter, I need to do more research before deciding whether or not to keep it: looks like it contains noticeable glitter (which isn't for me) but I'll find some more swatches and make the decision then. I don't need another highlighter but if it's worth at least trying and reviewing, then I'll do that before sending it off to a better home. 


And last but not least, a Nude by Nature Soft Focus Illuminator, a Rimmel Scandaleyes Reloaded Mascara, and a Savvy Brow Pencil & Wax.

The liquid illuminator I didn't need but I have gotten through quite a few of mine via Project Pan so I'll try this to see how it fares. I have a feeling I've used it before and didn't love it, but let's see. If it's full of glitter, I'll declutter it. Otherwise I'll use it.

I don't have too many mascaras in back-log so another one won't go astray, and the brow product is another one of those items that swung me towards grabbing the bag because I only have one dedicated brow pencil so it won't hurt to have a second one in the wings, ready to be opened when I've finished the one I'm using.

In sum

That's all from me! I hope you enjoyed this little unboxing post and haul. Do let me know in the comments if you grabbed this goodies bag and what you think of it if so.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.