October 2017 favourites

/
0 Comments
It's been such a huge day that only now am I finally sitting down to edit the post I drafted this morning. Reason being, my son has crossed from baby to toddler territory so I'm now chasing two toddlers around - while before it was only one. Argh!

I have a feeling that things are going to get a lot worse before they get better...

Sounds like a good day for a favourites post, yes?


Alpha-H Liquid Gold Rose

Full review here. I just finished this, so I wanted to capture it in a favourites post before it's gone forever. As you may know, it's a limited edition version of the classic Liquid Gold and it's a product I've really enjoyed.

While I still prefer the original because I feel it does a touch more for my skin in terms of brightening, resurfacing and plumping, this one still does those things - the main difference being that it smells of rose and I feel it's a little more hydrating and gentle than the original. 

Although I would pick the original (just) because I like the results more, I've seen that many favour this one so it's worth trying if you're a fan of the original.


Palmer's Moisturising Body Oil

I have dry skin so I'm always up for oils of any description, and this one's especially lovely so it's been a pleasure to use. I've reviewed it here.

Not only does it have that familiar, rich and chocolaty Palmer's scent, but it also hydrates my body beautifully and a little goes a long way so the bottle is lasting me a good while. 

It spreads and absorbs well, and although I wouldn't call it a dry oil (it does leave a slight residue), it's not super heavy so it doesn't feel like it's too rich. Plus if you wait for sales, you can grab it for five or six bucks. Yay to that.


BareMinerals BareSkin Complete Coverage Serum Concealer

Full review here. This is my HG concealer and I must have been using it for close to a year now, but it was only recently that I finally managed to review it!

Finding the right concealer isn't an easy task. I don't think it's easy for anyone, but it becomes even harder as we age and need to contend with fine lines, wrinkles and widening pores. So many concealers don't play well with texture, but this one does: it's hydrating, it doesn't settle into fine lines, it covers well and it lasts beautifully throughout the day. 

Oh! It also covers redness around my nose without pooling in pores (another gripe I have with concealers), so it's a one-stop-shop for me and I can't imagine that anything will ever beat it. We'll see...


Skinstitut Enzymatic Micro Peel

This was a surprise because most Skinstitut products I've used (and I've used a lot of them now) have either been good, fine or haven't worked for me - but this one's lovely and it's the only product I've tried from the brand so far that I would repurchase. I've reviewed it here.

While this isn't the most amazingly effective peel I've ever used, I do love that it's gentle so I can use it a few times a week if I want to without upsetting my skin.

It's a thin, smooth, silky product and I enjoy applying it to my face because it feels nice and cooling. It gently resurfaces and refreshes my face, and I wouldn't say that it stings like some peels can do, but there's a definite tingling sensation that tells me the product is working. After use, my skin looks brighter and feels smoother, plus it feels lightly hydrated. 

A nice little product and one I recommend.


Alpha-H Liquid Gold Skin Renewal Wash

Full review here. This product went straight to the HG list almost from the first use, so I couldn't let any more time pass before singing its praises in my monthly favourites!

The texture is just gorgeous: it's liquid-y and silky, and it has the feel of an oil in cream form. It also feels nourishing and quenching when applied. 

I use mine in the mornings as my second cleanse. I leave it on for a few minutes to allow the glycolic and lactic acids it contains to do something for my skin, then add water before massaging it in and removing it with a damp face cloth.

After use my face looks brighter and fresher, and it feels nourished and resurfaced without feeling dry or irritated. Honestly, I love it. Now that I've found it, I can't imagine ever being without it! 

In sum

That's all from me. I hope you enjoyed this little post and that you've been using plenty of favourite products during October.

Do let me know in the comments what items you've been loving this month.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.