Project Dent 2017 update: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Radiant Bronze Light

/
0 Comments

I realised this morning that I've been using this bronzer daily for over two weeks now, so it's time to wind up this round of Project Dent and focus on other things.

While I had hoped to review it during the denting period, that hasn't happened because we've been toilet-training my daughter so my back is out, meaning that photos - which require a lot of bending - are too taxing on the body for the moment. 

So I'll aim to get some swatches happening over the weekend while my husband is home, if I can fit them in around preparations for my son's first birthday party, which is tomorrow. 

Oh for a quieter life ; )


Anyhoo. If you'd like to see my Project Dent intro post on this product, it's here.

And if you'd like to see my review of this formula of bronzers, my review of Luminous Bronze Light is here

My comments for both bronzers will largely be the same, it's just that I prefer the colour of Radiant Bronze Light on me because Luminous Bronze Light pulls a little too peach for my personal tastes (I prefer peach in my blushes and red or yellow/golden in my bronzers). That's just me.


As you may know, I wasn't expecting to make much progress over the denting period because Hourglass products are domed and this particular shade is super pigmented - so I barely need to use any each time.

For this reason it's not the best candidate for Project Dent because it won't show progress very easily, but never mind that: I wanted to use it daily for at least two weeks and see if I could get it to look any different. So let's see how I went.

Here's how my bronzer looked on 28 September 2017, when I first introduced it to Project Dent:


And here's how it's looking now, after more than two weeks' daily use:


Now for the enhanced shots, so you can better-see progress.

As of 28 September 2017:


As of today, 14 October 2017:
  

At first glance, there's bugger-all progress - which I was expecting.

But if you look very closely, you should hopefully notice some changes in the air bubbles on the surface. Eg although some have stayed the same, some have now gone and new ones have also appeared.

What I can also tell - better in 'real life' but also in the above shots - is that there's been a slight flattening of the lower half of the bronzer. This is because I use that half more in terms of where I place my brush (it's actually the upper half of the bronzer, but I always invert products for photos: otherwise the mirror reflects light everywhere). You can't see the flattening in the earlier shots but I can definitely see it in the new ones - although perhaps that's just because I know it's there.

Anyway. I haven't gotten far with this over the denting period, but I have gotten somewhere. And any progress is of course better than none.

That's all from me for now. What I would like to do at some point today is introduce my next product for denting, although given the craziness at home these days, I'm not holding my breath ; )

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.