Project Dent 2017: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette #2

/
0 Comments

I rounded off a Project Dent post this morning and I'm back now to introduce my next product for denting.

I've decided to focus on this Hourglass blush palette, which I've dented before (see last update post here) and which I wanted to work on again before Christmas because it's on the shortlist of palettes that I may attempt to pan as part of Pan that Palette 2018.


If you're interested, I've reviewed this palette here. While it was limited edition and it's no longer available, you can buy at least two of the shades individually (I'm not sure about Incandescent Electra, centre; more on that in a sec) so that review isn't completely redundant ; )

Indeed, the one thing stopping me from panning this palette - leaving aside how challenging that would be - is that if I did pan it, I would have to buy Incandescent Electra again because it's my favourite blush of all time. 

While I could live with that if panning the palette meant I got my money's worth, what I couldn't live with is if I wasn't able to buy Incandescent Electra again: it was available as a single for a while, but it's now been taken off the Hourglass, Mecca and Sephora US websites. Yes you can buy it as a strobe blush, but that formula is too shiny for me so I don't want it in that particular formula.

What I might do over the next couple of weeks is email Hourglass and/or Mecca to work out what's going on. If Incandescent Electra in the original blush formula is gone for good, I won't be panning this palette. Not ever.

Moving on.

Here's how my palette looked before I dented it last time (and note I've enhanced all the below shots for clarity, so the shots aren't quite true to colour):


And here's how it looked after two weeks' daily use:


Now for the individual pans. Again, I've enhanced the below shots for clarity so don't rely on them for colour. If you're interested in 'true' colour shots, see my review linked above.

Luminous Flush:


Incandescent Electra:


Mood Exposure:



Last time I was able to make visible progress by getting a small eyeshadow brush into the Ambient Lighting Powder parts of the marbling (so the pale parts of each pan) and using the product I removed as both a setting powder and also a highlighter. So I'll do that again and hopefully make some more visible progress.

I also discovered last time that I really enjoy both Mood Exposure and Luminous Flush on the eyes, which was a happy discovery because every time I open this palette, I tend to just reach for my favourite shade (I'm sure I'm not the only one) and forget about those two. Yes I like them, but I like Incandescent Electra more so it's always the one I want to use.

The other reason I wanted to dent this now is because it makes a good pair for the other product I'm currently denting, being a Burberry eye quad that doesn't work for me at all. The warmth of this blush palette helps with the drab muddiness of some of the shades in that quad, so it will be good to breathe some life into it with this palette.

Anyhoo. Wish me luck! I'm looking forward to denting this again because I'd use it every day if I didn't have so many other blushes in my collection, so it won't be a chore to use.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.