Project Dent 2017: Anastasia Beverly Hills Master Palette by Mario

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my next round of Project Dent!

I'm super pleased to report that the next product I'll be denting is the ABH Master Palette by Mario, which happens to be my favourite eyeshadow palette of all time. 

Yes I love the ABH Modern Renaissance (who doesn't), but this one has shades that I reach for on a daily basis while the MR has a few shades (I'm talking about the reds and pinks) that I don't use as often.

I love the formula of this palette but I also love that there isn't a wasted shade in here. Not only do I like every shade, but there aren't any super dark colours - which I don't use often because I prefer lighter/softer eye looks - plus there's no matte highlight shade. While for some that's an essential, it's not for me because my eyes are so hooded/puffy that highlighting the browbone is a bad idea, and I can just use my setting powder as a base 'shadow' so pale highlight shades are a waste of space for me personally.

There's another shot of the palette, enhanced for clarity:


If you're wondering how I got my hands on this (because it wasn't released in Australia and it was limited edition), I bought it on ebay and yes I paid too much for it - around $100 AUD, including shipping - but let's face it, Sephora probably would have sold it for around $80 AUD anyway so that's not the world's biggest difference.

I was able to buy it for that amount with a 20 per cent off code, and I can definitely say that it's not a fake because I've compared it to one that a friend bought in the US (phew). While I normally wouldn't pay extra for products on ebay, in this case I did because I already knew that I loved the formula and I just couldn't go past the colour selection. Turns out it's been one of the best makeup purchases I've ever made, so yay to that.

Anyhoo. I've brought this into Project Dent because I knew I wanted to focus on at least one of my ABH palettes before kicking off Pan that Palette 2018, and I decided to go for this one because the light was bad for most of yesterday so I couldn't take my usual photos - and since I don't plan to review this palette because you can't buy it anymore, then we don't really need the other shots and I can just use these ones.

But enough preamble.

Here's how the left side of my palette is looking today, 28 November 2017:


Below I've enhanced the above shot for clarity:


I use and love all six shades on this side of the palette, and I won't be surprised if this half is showing the most progress at the end of the denting period - not only because it contains the only three mattes in the palette, but also because I use all three shimmers on this side a lot.

Here's the right side of the palette:
  

And there it is again, enhanced for clarity:


I love all the shades in this half of the palette too, although I'm less likely to reach for the blue and green as compared to the other colours. I do use them, though, and they're very neutral and wearable so they're fine for everyday wear and I'm looking forward to playing with them some more over the denting period.

So my plan is to use this palette every day for at least two weeks and see if I can't get some dents happening. I've really been looking forward to denting it because it is my favourite palette, so it will be a fun round of Project Dent : )

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.