Skincare wishlist: spring 2017

/
0 Comments

A while ago I posted on my makeup wishlist for the holiday season (see here), so I thought I would sneak in a skincare wishlist too because I've had my eye on a few products for a while - it's just that I'm in serious skincare backlog these days so I haven't been able to buy as much as I would like.

Of course, the reason I'm in skincare backlog is because I bought quite a lot this year, although most of it was during some big online promotions and I only bought things I'd had my eye on for ages and knew I would need, so I'm not too mad at myself.

Mind you, I would like to make a dent in the cupboard over the next few months so I have enough room for a purchase or two if I see any good-value skincare sets come out over the festive season.

Anyhoo! In no particular order...


Darphin Age-Defying Dermabrasion (RRP $97 AUD for 50ml)

As you may know, I bought a few Darphin products last year and I've been slowly opening and using them throughout 2017. I'm happy to say that I've really enjoyed most of the products I've tried from the brand so far, so I would like to continue exploring the range in future.

A while ago I tested a few microdermabrasion-type products at Mecca - I wanted something that refined my skin without being too rough or abrasive - and this was the best thing I found. I loved that it contained plenty of scrubby matter so it did something for my skin, but that scrubby matter was so fine and soft that I didn't feel it was damaging my skin.

This product has been on my wishlist for ages now and I can't wait to finally buy it! I've promised myself that I'll finish off my only physical exfoliant before I do that, though, so there's a while to go yet.

Darphin L'Institut Youth Resurfacing Peel (RRP $97 AUD for 30ml)

This is a newer Darphin product and it caught my attention because I love a good peel and I have a feeling that Darphin will do a good one.

It's apparently formulated with sensitive complexions in mind, and it's described as a low-level glycolic peel that smooths, brightens, refines and reduces the appearance of pores with minimal irritation.

I have one peel that I'm using at the moment from Skinstitut and I do like it, but eventually I would like to try something else. This peel has been on my list since I saw it released because I've come to trust Darphin as a brand, but I haven't tried a sample yet so I'll test it first before committing to such a large purchase.


REN Flash Hydro-Boost Instant Plumping Emulsion (RRP $63 AUD for 40ml)

This product is meant to be really good for giving your skin a drink and also plumping up fine lines and wrinkles so you look younger.

I've sampled it before and really loved it so this has also been on my wishlist for a while. As you may know, I've had good luck with Ren's treatment products and this one was no exception when I sampled it, so I'm looking forward to buying the full-size and seeing if it's just as good as I remember.

My aim is to finish off a couple more serums before buying this one, so I should be able to grab it after Christmas.

Goldfaden MD Bright Eyes (RRP $80 AUD for 15ml)

This is apparently a targeted brightening treatment for tired looking eyes and the entire ocular region. It should help with dark circles, puffiness and fine lines.

I've seen this product raved about by a few skincare lovers so it's been on my wishlist for a while. I've heard that the entire Goldfaden range is good, but I'm yet to sample anything except the fabled Doctor's Scrub (which I didn't like as much as everyone else seems to) and also Wake Up Call, which should be on this wishlist because I'm desperate for it, but I don't need anything like that for a good while so it will be on my wishlist for next year.

Yes $80 for an eye cream is expensive, bit it's certainly not the most expensive eye cream on the market and I'm hoping I can use it just in the morning so I can make it last for longer. I need to finish off an eye product or two first, but I'm really looking forward to trying it.


Alpha-H Essential Cleaning Balm (RRP $45 AUD for 50ml)

This is described as a 4-in-1 cleanser, toner, makeup remover and soothing balm. It should melt away makeup and impurities while working to prevent transepidermal water loss.

If you read this blog, it should come as no surprise to see an Alpha-H product on my wishlist because it's my favourite skincare brand of all time. I think this balm must be relatively new, though, since I've only just seen it available and if I had have known about it before, I would have tried it by now.

The good news with Alpha-H, of course, is that if you live in Australia you can often find it on special or permanently discounted from one of the big online retailers. So I'll be looking out for specials to see if I can't grab this for thirty dollars or so. Looking forward.

Dermalogica Ultrasmoothing Eye Serum (RRP $79.50 for 15ml)

I tried two sachets of this product in one of my recent sachet posts and I really enjoyed it: it was rich and hydrating while still being lightweight; and it made my eyes feel more supple, nourished and comfortable throughout the day.

I haven't had much luck with Dermalogica but this is one of the few products I've tried from the brand that I really enjoy, so I'll be looking out for specials with this product too since I don't have that many eye creams in backlog so I can hold off on the Goldfaden one but take advantage of the next opportunity to buy this at a discounted rate.

In sum

That's all from me!

Do let me know in the comments if you have any skincare items on your wishlist for the holiday season.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon xx


*All images courtesy of unsplash.com


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.