Project Pan 2017: November update

/
0 Comments
Hello and welcome to another Project Pan full update for 2017!

I'm pleased to say that it's been an excellent month for me - indeed, it may be my best panning month of all time - and I've finished off thirteen products in total. 

This means that I now have ten products remaining on my list and I'm happy with that amount so I won't be introducing any more products at this late stage in the game: I'll save the new additions for next year.

I guess the other thing I should note is that it's very dark and rainy here today in Melbourne, and I've had to take my photos on the stove with the range-hood light - so if they're looking a little off, that's why.


Here's how my list is looking at the end of November:

  • Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation in Beige 
  • Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector 
  • BareMinerals 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow SPF 15 in Sweet Spice 
  • Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Bronze 04 
  • Stila's Gilded Gold from the In the Light Palette 
  • Rimmel Exaggerate Auto Waterproof Eye Definer in 212 Rich Brown 
  • Dazzhop Lasting Eyebrow Pencil 
  • Marc Jacobs Lipstick in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang 
  • Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in 32 
  • Alpha-H Balancing & Pore Refining Mask with Jojoba 
  • Natural World Hair Oil 
  • Neuma Neusmooth Leave-on Conditioner 
  • St Tropez tanning mousse 
  • Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 720 Nottinghill Nude 
  • Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 220 Heather Shimmer 
  • Too Faced lipstick in Juicy Melons 
  • Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Luminous Bronze Light 
  • Nars Liquid Laguna Bronzer 
  • Gorgeous Cosmetics Prism Powder Highlighter 
  • Gorgeous Cosmetics Lip Pencil in Tangerine 
  • Becca eyeshadow pan (from Ombre Rouge Palette) 
  • Self-mixed eyeshadow pan 
  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal 

Let's have a quick look at each item in turn.
  

First up, Stila's Gilded Gold (which I've re-pressed into a smaller pan) and Becca's Under-eye Brightening Corrector. Please note that I've included the photos of these products from last month's update below so you can track progress.

I cannot, cannot believe that the Becca product is still going. I really thought I'd finish it this month, but since you need to use so little each time, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that it's still hanging in there. I know I'll finish it this month, but gosh, it's lasted FOREVER.

As for Gilded Gold, it's not the same shadow that it once was so it's not as pigmented and it also doesn't stay on the eye as well, which means I'm getting through it a lot faster than I normally would. Still, I love the colour so I'm happy to keep panning it and I should get there by Christmas. Just.


Above is how the Becca product looked at the end of October. 

Yes I've made progress since then by you can see how slow it's moving.


Above is Gilded Gold. So between now and October's full update, I've managed to hit side pan, expand the pan and also flatten the edges a bit.

We're getting there : )


Next, my Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in 32 and Marc Jacobs Lipstick in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. You'll see my marker sheet for both products below.

The Rimmel is lasting longer than most lipsticks (I pan lip products very quickly) for the simple reason that it's super drying so I can't wear it alone and it's also a weird, almost fluoro colour on me. I'll be really glad when this one's gone, I must say.

The Marc Jacobs lipstick I'm really enjoying - and it's one of the rare pink lipsticks I can wear because it's deeper and not too bright. I'm rationing it a little because I like it and it's only a mini, plus I need to review it so I don't want to burn through it before I've had the chance to do swatches etc.

Both of these products will likely be finished within the next couple of weeks.


Above we have my Dazzshop brow pencil and Rimmel eyeliner. Again, you'll see the marker sheets for both products below.

I use the brow pencil daily but I only use a little because my brows are very thick and dark so too much product looks unnatural on me. I'm not sure if I can finish it this month but I'll certainly try.

As for the liner, I only line my upper and lower waterlines with this, so again, progress is very slow. However you'll see from the marker sheet that I've used about half of the remaining amount since I introduced it earlier in November, so I should be able to finish it this month.


Next, my Becca foundation and BareMinerals cream eyeshadow. Both these products have been on my list for months now so I'm starting to tire of them, but it's looking like I'll be able to get through both in December so that's promising.

The Becca product is a little too dark for me and I also don't like wearing it alone because the formula isn't my favourite, but I've been using it as a mixer for any base that's too pale for me - and to make things move faster, I also often mix in a drop or two with whatever primer I'm using to give a bronze glow beneath my tinted moisturiser. I've also been wearing it occasionally by itself (mixed with some whitening drops) if I'm not leaving the house, and if I keep triple-purposing it, I should be able to get through it by year's end. Looking forward.

The BareMinerals I'm using as a facial contour because I don't love it on the eyes, and I must say, I love it for that - it's perfect because it's exactly the right colour and it blends out beautifully. Mind you, I don't contour normally and I'm only doing it to pan this product, so I'll be pleased when it's gone so I can take an extra step out of my makeup routine.


Now for my non-makeup products: my Natural Wold hair oil and Alpha-H face mask.

The hair oil is showing good progress so I should be able to finish it by year's end. I do love this product but I've had it for absolutely ages so I want to finish it before it expires, and it's the only hair oil I've tried to date that I can apply to all of my hair (not just the ends) so it's not the hardest product to pan.

I can't say the same for the mask! There's a huge 100ml in this and the shelf-life is only six months, so I don't know what Alpha-H was thinking with the size of this tube because you're only meant to use it once a week (I can't use it more often on my dry skin anyway). It's such a fantastic mask and I have been applying it to my face, neck and dec, but as you can see from the markers, it's probably going to take me six months to pan and it's already been open for around six months now, so I really hope it doesn't turn before I've finished it.


And last, my Laura Mercier bronzer. I only introduced this product on the 15th of November, and it had barely been touched at that point because it's not my favourite and I kept forgetting to use it.

However. As you can see from the dent in the pan, this thing has been seriously flattened in only a couple of weeks. My golly! Not only this, half of the pan (where I naturally focus my brush) is about one-third lower than it was when I started using it. 

This tells me that I should be able to pan the whole thing within three or four months. And you know what? That's not good enough for a high-end bronzer. Bronzers normally take me about a year to pan, but this one's so sheer - even though I bought the darkest shade, and I only have a light/medium to medium skintone - that it's vanishing before my eyes. And it's not like I pile it on: I prefer a natural look. Grumble grumble.

There's my marker sheet below:


In sum

That's all from me! I hope you're going well with your own panning projects, and that you manage to finish off plenty of stuff before the new year.

I should also mention again that I'm hoping to wind-up Project Pan early this year (either that or I'll take a short break in January), just so I can have some 'free time' before PP 2018. I would like to finish most of the products on this list before I close down PP 2017, though, so I'll keep going until I do that.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.