Project Dent 2017: Becca Mineral Blush in Songbird

/
0 Comments

Next up for Project Dent 2017, I'm bringing in one of the oldest blushes I own: Becca Songbird.

I have four Becca blushes (Songbird, Wild Honey, Sweetpea and Bolero) and I love them all, but ever since falling for Hourglass and Marc Jacobs blushes, I tend not to use them as much.

I've therefore decided that I would like to de-pot my Becca blushes and put them into a custom palette so I'm more likely to reach for them, but I can't do that until I've finally reviewed this one (the others have all been reviewed).

Enter Project Dent.


Project Dent is my favourite project for many reasons, one of those being that it encourages me to use and review the products that have been in my collection for ages - this being one of them.

While I have used this blush a lot, I've never used it consistently for a period of time, which is why I'm yet to review it.

So over the next couple of weeks I'll use it each day, so I can review it while it's front-of-mind and also so I can (hopefully) make a dent in the surface so it looks a little more loved.


If you haven't yet tried a Becca blush, I definitely recommend them. What I love most about them is the formula: it's soft, it's creamy, it's finely milled and it applies and blends like a dream.

Worth noting, though, is that some people find the formula too soft - so it's worth testing one of these before purchase to see if you like it - but I personally prefer a softer formula because it feels more luxe to me and I also think that helps when it comes to blending and diffusing the product.


While I haven't tried any of the newer blushes that frequently show up in palettes, the four singles I own are brilliant. They used to be my favourites until I discovered new things.

I've reviewed my favourite shade, Wild Honey, here if you're interested.


Of the four I own, Songbird is the one I've used the least. I think that's because if I want an orange blush, I tend to go for the ones I own from Hourglass or Marc Jacobs. 

While this colour is nothing like the ones I own from those brands (it's darker and more muted), it's still in the same family so it's become one of those forgotten shades that I rarely use.

I would like to change that.


Anyhoo. Here's how my blush looks today, 4 November 2017 (direct sunlight):


Same shot, enhanced:


Indirect sunlight:


Same shot, enhanced:


What I'll do over the next two weeks is use this every day and see if I can't make a dent in the surface. I'll use it not only on the face but also on the eyes, which will help move progress along.

I'll also review it during this time, and I'll see if I can't find some room in my custom palettes at the end of the denting period, just so I can finally move these blushes into their new home.

Home all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.