Project Dent 2017 update: Kevyn Aucoin custom palette

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my next Project Dent update!

Back on 9 November, I introduced this custom palette of Kevyn Aucoin eyeshadow singles and duos, as well as the brand's three highlighters, to this round of Project Dent.

I've been using it daily for 2.5 weeks now and I'm ready to update you on my progress.


Above is an enhanced photo of the opening shot so you can better-see progress, and note that I've done separate shots of the palette below.

If you would like to see my intro post on this palette, it's here.

Let's start with the three eyeshadow singles I own. 

Top to bottom below are 104 Soft Clay, 108 Faded Heather and 105 Taupe Grey. Here's how they looked back on 9 November:


And here's how they're looking now, on 27 November:


 Below I've enhanced the above shot for clarity:


So you should be able to see that dips have opened up in all three shades - the top two especially.

I use 104 Soft Clay just about every time I use this palette, so I'm not surprised that it's showing the most progress of the three. I've also discovered during the denting period that it makes a great blush (it looks more rosy brown when applied) so if I ever wanted to pan it, I would be able to double-purpose it.

I also use 108 Faded Heather a lot, but it's a little darker than 104 so I tend to use less of it each time. This shade also makes a passable blush, although it's a little flat on my colouring so I tend to dab something else over the top when I use it this way.

Shade 105 Taupe Grey is my newest Aucoin shadow so it's showing the least progress, but you should be able to tell that it's definitely been used a lot more now than it had been previously.

Next up, my duos. I won't list all the different duos here, but I've noted them in the intro post linked above if you're interested.

Here's how they looked 2.5 weeks ago:


And here's how they're looking now, after 2.5 weeks' daily use:


Same shot, enhanced:


Below I've divided the palette so we can look at it more closely.

Here's the left side, as it was on 9 November:


And here's how it's looking now, on 27 November:


Same shot, enhanced for clarity:


So you should be able to see progress in all nine shades, and some of them (eg the shimmering tan in the middle) have visible dents in the surface.

The shade showing the most progress is definitely the pale pink (top left), but I use a larger brush in that one because I use it as a base shadow so there's not a visible dent, but the entire surface has now been worn down a little.

I used all of these shades during the denting period, and I was pleased to discover that the lighter shimmers (eg the pearl and the two golds) can also be used as highlighters on the face. Yes you can do that in theory with all shimmers, but in my experience, most eyeshadows emphasise texture when I use them on my face. These ones don't, so that's a plus.

As for the other side, here's how it looked two weeks ago:


And here's how it's looking now:


Same shot, enhanced:


This side is showing less progress than the other half: that's because it generally contains darker colours and also more colourful ones (I tend to use these less than lighter, more neutral shades - although of course these are still neutrals).

The top duo is my absolute favourite but it's also the one showing the least progress: that's because I used this round of Project Dent to focus on the middle and bottom duos, which are the newest duos to my collection and the ones I'd previously used the least.

And last, the three highlighters.

Here's how they looked 2.5 weeks ago:


And here's how they're looking now:


Same shot, enhanced:


So, left to right we have Candlelight, Starlight and Sunlight. I love all three of these but I'd previously mainly used Candlelight because it's my oldest, so I'm pleased to see dents in the middle of Starlight and Sunlight after the denting period.

I still need to review Starlight and Sunlight, but what I might do in future is put all three shades back into their original packaging (which I've kept) and then do a post on all three so you can see them swatched alongside each other.

At the moment it's hard to pick a favourite from these, but I probably prefer Candlelight for the face, Starlight as an inner corner and lashline highlight, and Sunlight as a lid colour.

Anyhoo. That's all from me. I'm really pleased I managed to dent this before the end of the year and I'm looking forward to picking out my next item for Project Dent 2017. I haven't made up my mind yet, but I suspect it will be one of my two ABH eyeshadow palettes.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.