2016 beauty wishlist: revisited

/
0 Comments

I first posted on my 2016 wishlist at the beginning of the year, and then again in March. Three months on and with my birthday coming up in a couple of days, I thought it was timely to post on it again since we're starting to see the autumn/Fall collections trickle out and my list has changed since I wrote the last one.

I've mentioned in earlier wishlist posts that I think it's helpful to make wishlists and refrain from buying anything on them for at least a month or even more, since I've found that so many products drop off the list as something new and better comes along and I've got my eye on that instead.


If you don't buy things as soon as you want them, you're less likely to make bad or impulse purchases - which can only be a good thing for your wallet and your levels of clutter at home. 

While I still occasionally buy something and regret it later, this is happening less and less these days as I'm becoming a better shopper : ). It's also meant that Project Pan is a more successful exercise because my collection is becoming more streamlined as I finish things and don't replace them, which is the whole point!

So without further ado, below is what's on my wishlist now. If you'd like to see the last wishlist, that post is here.


Purchases made (bases)

I thought I'd kick off with those items on my wishlist that I've happily acquired. I managed to score the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Gel as my Mother's Day present, which I'm thrilled about because I've wanted it for ages. Woot woot!

Other complexion acquisitions are the Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation, which I managed to pick up at over $20 off the RRP, and also the Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation, which I got when Sephora had a 20 per cent off sale. 

I wouldn't have bought both except, despite my best efforts to research my colour-match, the Becca product ended up being my summer colour (I'd hoped it would be my winter one), so I had to buy the Marc Jacobs product because I didn't have a foundation shade for the cooler months.

Three higher end complexion purchases is enough for now, and I'm glad I made them because there was a gap in my collection (I didn't actually own foundations after finishing off my Bodyography products - all I have are tinted moisturisers/BB creams), so I'll use and love those throughout the year.

Purchases made (general)

I also managed to pick up the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer at Chemist Warehouse's half price sale, and I got my hands on the Becca Backlight Priming Filter too - another purchase made at a good discount.

Also from Becca is the Mineral Blush in Songbird (which I've wanted for ages), and I managed to grab the Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask and the Oskia Renaissance Cleaning Gel when Beautybay ran a 20 per cent off promotion earlier in the year.

So I've definitely had a good few months in the beauty department, but I haven't gone completely crazy ; )


Scratchings (makeup)

I've actually knocked quite a few products off my wishlist and I thought it might be useful to note those briefly and mention why they've been removed.

Both the L'Oreal Lumi and Lumi Cushion Foundations are no longer on my list, in part because I don't need any more complexion products but also because I can't find a good colour-match (we don't get all the colours here in Australia).

I've also removed the Hourglass Ambient Strobe Powders and any of the Modernist Eyeshadow Palettes from my list because I have more than enough highlighters and eyeshadows to go on with, and I can't justify spending the big bucks on things I don't need (if you ever need makeup at all ; ) ).

Scratchings (skincare)

I've also removed anything from Origins and GlamGlow from my list: I don't need any Origins products right now (I might pick something up next year) and while I've sampled the things I wanted to test from GlamGlow, I think they're overpriced for what they are and my wallet is pleased that I haven't fallen in love with anything.

I've also removed the Ren Wake Wonderful Nightime Facial from my list because I picked up a couple of (much cheaper) products from Pixi instead during the aforementioned Beautybay sale, and I'm leaving Sunday Riley products aside for now because I can't justify the outlay for those either. 

Mind you, my husband did buy me the Sunday Riley Blue Moon Cleansing Balm as a wedding anniversary gift (on my instruction ; ) ), so I did manage to score one item from the range - and happily it's one that's on the cheaper end of the Sunday Riley spectrum and I didn't have any balm cleansers before so there was a spot for it!


Burberry...

I'm still desperate to own some Burberry makeup so stay tuned because I've asked for Sephora and Mecca gift cards for my birthday, and then I'll hang tight for another 20 per cent off sale (Sephora does run those occasionally).

The Burberry Earthy Blush, the Copper Glow Warm Glow Bronzer and the Complete Eye Palette in 07 Pink Taupe are still on my list, although Sephora doesn't stock that particular shade of bronzer and I've seen a couple of bloggers say they suspect the bronzers are being discontinued, so I've added the Tangerine Blush to my list instead (as if I needed to replace the bronzer hehe).

Even though I don't need any makeup, I'm determined to own at least one Burberry item so I'll arm myself with a gift card and wait for a good sale!

Perfume

I completely forgot to mention perfume on my earlier 2016 wishlists, but I do have a bundle of potential purchases in mind and perfume is one of the few things that I really don't have enough of. I used to, but I finished all my scents and haven't yet replaced them, so I'm currently stuck with two full-sized perfumes and one mini, and that's not enough for a fragrance lover like myself.

I would quite like to replace at least one of my old favourites - Dior La Dolce Vita, Lancome La Vie Est Belle or Chanel Chance - and there's a new fig fragrance out from Tocca ('Emelia') that I can't stop sniffing whenever I'm in Mecca. The Tocca one might well be mine soon enough because I'll have a Mecca giftcard to blow very shortly : )


To bronze

Like many beauty lovers, I go through periods where I'm obsessed with obtaining more of one particular item - and for me at the moment, it's bronzers. This is partly because bronzers are the only makeup item that I don't have too many of, and this time last year I could even say that I didn't have enough: I only owned two and they were both better summer colours.

Late last year, I managed to pick up one from Clarins and a GWP freebie from Gorgeous Cosmetics, which is now on my Project Pan list because it's a great winter shade and I don't love the formula so I'm happy to use it and love it for now and then be done with it.

Also, I was recently a bit naughty and picked up both shades of the Urban Decay Beached Bronzers (although one is a blush colour on my skintone), and I still find myself wanting more. Argh! Once I've finished at least one bronzer in my collection, I've got my eye on one of the matte bronzers from Bobbi Brown, or I'd even like to pick up the paler of the two Hourglass bronzers (I have the darker one and love it, but it's not the best for my winter colouring). I'll try to be restrained, but no promises...

Other

It's worth mentioning that I received the IT Cosmetics CC Cream in a recent box from Marie Claire, and I love it so much that I'll absolutely buy the full size when my travel-size has run out. 

Also, the Becca Aqua Luminous Foundation is something I might consider buying in a second, paler shade, although I'll need to properly test the one I've got when the colour is better for me before grabbing another one.

I also want to buy the Ren Bio Retinoid Cream that I posted on recently - a sample of which I received in a Mecca Beauty Loop Box, and which I've fallen in love with because it faded my age spots where all other products have failed.

I'm holding off on these purchases, however: I have other products I need to use up first before I add anything else to my collection!


In sum

That's my updated wishlist! Just looking back over it, it's not a massive list, is it? That's partly because I've already managed to buy a few things from my last list, and partly because quite a few products have been removed for one reason or another.

Also, very few new releases have really grabbed me and it was only those Urban Decay bronzers that I didn't feel I could live without.

Fingers crossed my wishlist remains small, because I'd prefer to have less products in my sights and keep my collection under control. I also want to make the best of the things I do own, and you can't do that if you keep buying new things and have too much to choose from!

Let me know what's on your wishlist at the moment, or whether you have any suggestions for things that are amazing : )




You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.