May 2016 favourites

/
0 Comments

Normally when I write my monthly favourites posts, I reach for things I've recently reviewed because they tend to be the items I've been using while I've been working out what I think of them, plus the review process has left them front of mind.

This month, however, will be a touch different: I'm including a couple of long-standing favourites that I've yet to review, so I'm sorry that I won't have links to full reviews for all products but I wanted to pick the things I can't get enough of this month, rather than things I've already talked about and loved.

Anyhoo! Let's have a look : )


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette

It's criminal that I haven't reviewed this one: I've had it for a couple of years now and I use it every day, as you can see from the pan showing in my favourite shade, Dim Light, which I use as an all-over setting powder. I use Radiant Light frequently to warm up my face if my blush/bronzer combo isn't quite hitting the mark, and while the middle shade (Incandescent Light) is a little cool for me, I do occasionally use it as a highlighter.

This palette was my gateway drug into the Hourglass range and I just can't get enough of the few products I own. Yes they're pricey, but there's nothing quite like them on the market - not that I've found, anyway - and these powders really do lift the face and diffuse light, making you look younger and more even overall.

I'll have to review this product before I finish Dim Light off completely! Problem is, the subtle effect of these products is so hard to capture on camera, which is why I've shied away from it thus far. I must try.


OGX Hydrate + Defrizz Kukui Oil Frizz Defying Curl Cream

I've reviewed this here. It's a more recent discovery of mine and I did review it during the month, and it's one of those products that hit HG status almost from the first use and I now can't imagine being without it.

It indeed hydrates and manages frizz, and it defines curls and waves without weighing the hair down or reducing the time between washes. I also love that it adds shine and makes my hair more bouncy, and a little goes a long way so you only need a small amount each time and the bottle should last for ages.

If you haven't tried any haircare from OGX, I urge you to give it a go. It's not expensive and it's usually on special somewhere, and I've had such good luck with the different products I've tried from these guys that OGX has become my favourite haircare brand almost overnight.


Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelée in Honeymoon Honey

This is one of those products that I'll often forget about for a while and then rediscover and become obsessed with all over again, as I've done this month because I've wanted something easy that's kind to dry skin, and this is. I've reviewed it here.  

It gives such a natural, beautiful colour to the cheeks that lasts well throughout the day and is super easy to apply and blend. I love the warm, red-based tan colour of this shade and it's a product that goes with any look and works with any bronzer I own.

If you haven't tested these products, I urge you to do so. They're not super expensive and they're easy to use and travel-friendly to boot, and if I didn't already have a bundle of cheek products, I would consider buying more shades. Love.


Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel

Full review here. I'm sure I've included this in a monthly favourites post before but I had to do it again this month because it's been my cleanser of choice throughout May.

I'm pregnant at the moment and the weather is also getting colder, so my skin has thrown a tantrum and is even more dry and sensitive than usual. This means I need to be careful with my cleansers - I can't use anything too harsh that might make things worse - but I've found that gentle cleansers tend not to do enough for me.

This one's different. It cleans beautifully and removes the gunk without stripping the skin or drying it out. It's also not an expensive product so I can see myself repurchasing this one over and over again because gentle cleansers that work aren't so easy to find. Such a great product and one that feels nice on the skin too.


Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector

I haven't reviewed this product I'm afraid so I'll have to do that soon, but I had to include it this month because I've been reaching for it more than ever as my sleep continues to be bad throughout the pregnancy and there's been a build-up of sleep-deprivation that's now showing clearly on my face.

This is one of those polarising products that people either love or think is useless. I'm definitely in the love category, and you can see from the dent in mine that it's had some good use, even though I've only had it for a few months.

You apply it below your concealer and it somehow boosts the effect of whatever under-eye product you're using and gives you better coverage. It also brightens the area and makes it look more awake, and it's worked well with any concealer I've tried it with.

A fantastic product but one that's worth testing first because it doesn't seem to work for everyone (tip: a little goes a long way!).

In sum

I always love looking back over the month and picking out the products I've loved more than all others, and this month is no exception.

I also love reading about others' favourites each month so I hope you've enjoyed this post. Do let me know what products you've been loving throughout May : )


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.