Project Dent 2016: Stila In the Light Eyeshadow Palette

/
0 Comments

I've had such a terrible time of taking photos lately - one of the reasons why I've asked for lighting equipment for my birthday (it's tomorrow!) - and although I've taken these shots twice, I'm still not completely happy with them.

Still, since this isn't a review post and the coloured shots don't need to be perfect, I'll go ahead with it for now in the interests of keeping things moving: I'm up insanely early this morning because the dog woke me (needing to go out), and since my toddler is still asleep, it's best I make hay while the sun shines.


I've decided to stick with the Stila theme for now and this is the next product I'm moving into circulation. It was the second-ever eyeshadow palette I bought (the first was also from Stila), and while I've used it often enough, you wouldn't know that from looking at it because there's barely a dent in it.

So I plan to use it daily for the next few weeks so we can hopefully see a few marks in the surface. It's a fantastic eyeshadow palette and I really recommend it, although unfortunately it's been discontinued so you mightn't be able to pick it up anymore (other than on ebay etc).

I also want to move it into circulation so I can finally review it! That review may be moot because it's been discontinued, but I want to write it anyway because Stila may well bring it back (it's popular) and I think it's worth commenting on Stila's formula anyway because some of these shadows (like the famous Kitten) are available separately for purchase as either singles or within other palettes.

So, here's what my palette looks like today:


Not much happening! The top three mattes (Bare, Bliss and Sandstone) all have slight dents in them because I use those with every look, but the other shadows almost look brand new. 

Just seeing the palette now reminds me of how much I love it, and it would be my perfect palette if it contained one more matte mid-tone shade and didn't have a black (I never use black eyeshadow because I opt for brown as a liner).

If I could edit the palette, I would take out that middle shimmer in the bottom row (Luster) and replace it with eg a matte, mid-tone dusty mauve or orange-y brown, and I would switch the matte black for another matte darker shade (how about a plum?!). But hey, you can't have everything ; )

I digress. I'm looking forward to getting my brush stuck into this palette over the next few weeks and it will hopefully look a little more worn when I write my update post in July. Fingers crossed!

Speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.