Project Pan 2016 update #6

/
0 Comments
It's been a huge Project Pan month for me - easily the biggest month on record - and not only did I finish two products earlier in the month, but I've since finished another five. 

Can you believe it? That means I've finished five products within the space of two weeks! My golly, I'm so excited, I don't quite know what to do with myself!


Here's what my list looks like now:
  • Be a Bombshell Eye Base in Nudist
  • 'Tini Beauty Pearl Fizz Eyeshadow
  • The Cosmetic Kitchen Pressed Mineral Blush in Raw Cacao
  • Lust Have It Sunset Strobe Natural Highlighter
  • Mememe Cosmetics Goddess Rocks 
  • GHD Straight & Tame Cream
  • Cheek Room Lip Palette
  • Stila HD Illuminating Beauty Balm
  • Croquis Duo Concealer
  • Teeez Eyeliner in Black
  • Dd'ell Eyeliner in Brown
  • 'Tini Beauty Eyetini Cordial Eyeshadow + Base
  • Bloom Eye Definer in Dark Brown
  • Tony Moly Kiss Lover Lip Plumper in 12 Hoot Mint
  • Australis AC ON Tour kit
  • Shanghai Suzy Lipstick in Miss Simone Baby Coral
  • Suki Moisture Rich Cleansing Lotion
  • Revlon Age Defying CC Cream in 030 Medium

And here's what I've knocked off in the last two weeks (remembering that I only ever meant to use up the highlight shades from the Australis palette because the contour ones are too horrible to waste time on):


Exciting! So my list has been reduced to eleven products throughout the month, and since I wanted to keep the tally at fifteen or so, this means I've had good scope to go through my collection and really work out what categories of products need to be reduced.

I've had a lot of fun doing this (it's almost like starting Project Pan 2016 again!) and I've decided I need to target some groups even more than I already am, these being: haircare, cleansers, illuminators and lip products. I also want to add a bronzer to the list and unfortunately one of my concealers needs to be added for reasons I'll touch on below, so I've decided to include another six products - too many, but I won't replace the next couple as I finish them.

But before I show you my replacements, here's where my existing products are at:


Both my 'Tini Beauty eyeshadow and Croquis concealer are in for the long haul, and even though I use them both every day, it's getting to the stage where I'm wondering if I'll ever finish them.

Still, slow and steady wins the race and I'll get there eventually. If they're gone by year's end, I'll be happy (don't like my chances though ; ) ).


I'm actually making a dent in my powders a lot faster than I'd anticipated, given how much I've struggled with powders in the past.

The Mememe Goddess Rocks are definitely dwindling as the weeks pass, and I've got a little pan showing in both the Lust Have It highlighter and the blush from The Cosmetic Kitchen. Can I finish them by Christmas? I'll certainly try!


I'm surprised that I haven't made more of a dent in the Cheek Room lip palette, given how quickly I normally get through lip products, but I'm not surprised that the Be a Bombshell Eye Base is lasting the distance.

I hope to be done with both by the beginning of September, but I have a feeling they might last longer than that. We'll see.


My eye pencils are starting to bore me now, I must say. I use the Teeez one on my upper waterline and the Dd'ell one on my lower waterline each day, and while I'm definitely seeing progress, including them has made me realise just how long eyeliners last.

I do have one back-up for each (in black and brown) and I'm looking forward to using those since I'm over these two, but I'm determined to finish them before I start playing with new ones.


As predicted, my GHD Straight & Tame Cream seems never-ending: I'm using it frequently on both mine and my daughter's hair (to help keep the knots out), and it appears to still be going strong. Mind you, I can't tell how much is in there so maybe it's almost done?!

I haven't been using the Stila BB Cream too much over the past couple of weeks because I had my sights set on finishing the Revlon base, and now that's done, I can focus more on this. I do use it almost every day as a mixer product so that remaining 25 per cent shouldn't last more than a couple of months. I think (!).

Now, here's what I'm introducing to my list:


I'll talk about each briefly now, since this is the first time they've appeared on my list. (Sorry this is such a long post!)


Natural World Moroccan Argan Oil

I've reviewed this here. It's a product I love but it's been open for eighteen months now, and since the shelf-life is 24 months (and I have a back-up for it), it's time I used it up. Yes it's only a travel-size but I apply the smallest amount on my hair after washing (just on the ends), so it's lasting an eternity.

But I do have that dry winter hair thing happening and lately I've been using this more liberally, which my hair has been happy with. There's just under half left but I wouldn't be surprised if this lasts another three months at least.


Alpha-H Liquid Laser Cleansing Oil with White Mulberry

I have a ridiculous amount of oil/balm/cream cleansers at the moment, and it's high time I started getting through them. I also have far too many other cleansers, but I only want to include one on my list at a time, and since this has been open for a while, I've picked this first. I've reviewed it here.

It's a decent oil cleanser but I have others I prefer so I want to finish it and return to the ones I like more. There's about half left and it's been opened for ages, so I reckon it will still last another few months, even with daily use. We'll see.


Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (Liquid) in Moonstone

I have three of these (oops ; )) in Moonstone, Opal and Topaz. Yes that's excessive, but I do use one each day to mix in with my foundation, and while I bought Opal because it's the best colour-match for me, I bought Moonstone and Topaz to bring the colour of my base down or up a shade respectively, which they do well - so they're useful, double-purpose products.

I haven't reviewed any of them yet but I'll do that soon and I'll start with Moonstone because it's the one I've used the most (which is also why I'm including it here). There's just over half left but I expect it to last out the year.


Evelyn Iona Natural and Organic Concealer in Flawless

Yes, it's true. I'm including this one again - another (smaller) sample I received in a sub box. I've reviewed it here

I hadn't planned to include it because I've only just finished the last sample, but I recently discovered that it had been sitting in my makeup bag with the lid loose, and the surface feels a little drier than it once did so I'd rather use it before it dries up or goes bad. It's only a small sample but it should still last a good few months. Ach, here we go again ; )


Gorgeous Cosmetics Endless Summer Bronzer in 01-ES

I've reviewed this here. While this is one of my newest bronzers, it's also not one I plan to keep in my collection because I don't love the formula (application can be patchy and the texture isn't as soft and smooth as I would like), but I do love the colour-match for my winter skin so I figure I might as well just use the hell out of it while I'm reaching for it anyway.

Also, since the bronzer isn't super pigmented and it's paler than others I own, I need to use at least twice as much of this as I do my other bronzers, so it's fully possible that I could finish this off by Christmas. Yes that sounds crazy for a full-sized bronzer that I've just started using, but I'm telling you, this thing seems to be getting smaller by the day. Fingers crossed!


Clarins Instant Light Perfector in 01, Rose Shimmer

I've reviewed this here. Since lip products are the easiest things for me to get through, I always like to include at least a couple because they help keep my PP list moving as the months pass.

I picked this one because it's been open for ages and I'd all but forgotten about it (it was in the bottom of my handbag), and since I need a gloss to replace the one I've just finished, I thought I may as well pick this one. There's probably about two thirds left, but I'd still expect to be through it within a couple of months because I use lip products all the time on my dry lips.

In sum

My golly, what a long post! Sorry if I've bored the hell out of you ; )

I won't rabbit on any more, but hooray to finishing seven products during the month and wish me luck with finishing at least one in July.

Speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.