Mecca Level 3 Beauty Loop Box, February 2018 - unboxing

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to this little unboxing post!

I was wondering when our Mecca Beauty Loop boxes would show up this year - normally we get them around the last Wednesday of each month, but this month they didn't arrive until the first Thursday in February. Perhaps Mecca is changing its schedule this year.


This edit, the focus is on 'glowy skin and a nude lip'. I must say, it's a good box.

I've learned not to make an online order when the boxes come in because I haven't been as happy with my boxes when I've done this, so this time I handed my Mecca card to my husband and he nipped past Mecca Maxima on his way home from work. Much easier than me trying to get two kids into the car-seats and then into the double pram just to pick it up!

Here's what I received in my box:


I received two moisturisers (one from Korres and one from Chantecaille), a Stila mascara and a lip crayon from Hourglass.

I'm happy with everything and even though I've received the Stila mascara as a GWP from Mecca before, at least I know that it's a great product and I'm more than happy to use it again.

Let's have a quick look at each item in turn.
  

Chantecaille Flower Harmonising Cream (received 8ml sample)

This is described as a truly luxurious moisturiser that feeds the skin with anti-inflammatory vitamins to help promote collagen production and effectively relieve dry, dull skin. Featuring a slow-release 24-hour moisture system, it should deliver skin that stays balanced and hydrated throughout the day.

The 50ml full-size of this product retails for a whopping $155 AUD, so I hope that I don't like it too much! While I would never spend that much on a moisturiser, I'm more than happy to sample it and I have used some skincare from Chantecaille before that I've liked, so fingers crossed it's good.
  

Korres Black Pine Firming, Lifting & Antiwrinkle Night Cream (received 16ml sample)

This luxurious cream takes the night shift to deliver an extra long and intensive anti-ageing treatment. Black pine activates as you sleep, working to firm, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and brighten the complexion. In a recent study, 100% of women agreed they would replace their current night cream with this one, making it a must-have for all bedside tables.

Considering that the 40ml full-size retails for $86 AUD, this 16ml sample is quite generous and I'm looking forward to trying it. I don't have a lot of plain moisturisers in stock at the moment (many are heavy on the active ingredients), so there's always room for something less complex.


Stila Huge Extreme Lash Mascara (received 6ml sample)

This is an excellent product: I've reviewed it here.

It's described as a lightweight, volumising mascara that coats lashes in a jet black ink and allows multiple coats to be applied without looking clumpy or crunchy. It's formulated with a blend of soft malleable waxes that ensures lashes feel flexible and soft while looking fuller and richer. It should coat every lash and give you huge, extreme lashes.

My memory of this is that it's every bit as good as Too Faced's Better Than Sex Mascara, and it's also less likely to smudge and flake than that formula. I'll be putting this aside for a rainy day because I know it looks good and I can't wait to use it again.


Hourglass Girl Lip Stylo in Peacemaker (received 1.5g sample)

I've always wanted to try one of these because I've heard great things about the formula, but I'm not one for a lip crayon so I've never bought one or even sampled one in-store. I'm glad I have a chance to do that now.

It's described as a tinted, lip-softening solution that delivers full-on pigment in a nourishing, non-drying formulation. It's enriched with a luxurious blend of shea butter, mimosa and sunflower seed to condition, soften and grant the appearance of a fuller pout. It should glide on with ease, enveloping lips in buildable colour with a lustrous finish.

'Peacemaker' is described as a peachy nude, which is exactly my kind of nude. Yay to that.

In sum

This is an excellent box and I'm really pleased with it. I'll use everything and I can't say that for some of the boxes I received last year, so that's a huge plus.

Do let me know in the comments what you received in your box this edit: I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.